Archived How did you find out about TBR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sort of see their point, but like so many have already said, this place is a fount of information. And it's nice to be able to vent and commiserate with others who understand.

I have no other social media so this sort of takes the place of that for me. Except no one knows who I am and I don't have to look at pictures of your kid's first day of school and read about your fake awesome life. 😜

Last edited:
Probably by way of Google when I was trying to figure out how to access my schedule from home or something like that. Lurked for a while, getting a feel for the site, and really liked having a place to vent with people who actually know what I'm talking about (besides TMs at my store). Learned a lot about what was coming down the pike for modernization before it arrived at my store, which helped me be prepared for some of the changes.

Had a buddy that was in AP and I was high key interested in joining at the time so I researched loss prevention/asset protection as a whole, and found TBR through said searching.

I was looking for the old Target Sucks forum I used to browse back in 03-04. I don't remember if TBR was one of the google results or if one of the other Target hate sites linked to it.

Like a lot of others I googled some kinda question and I discovered TBR. I admit I lurked for like three years before finally making an account, which feels kinda pervy in bindsight bc I already knew the flow of this place and the different dynamics between users and what’s safe and what sets people off. But I knew I had to wait until I was adult enough to remember to stay anonymous here, and to know when to back the hell up and stay quiet. At least I try to..

I don’t think I’ve said this before but thank you for having me. It’s been a fun journey and I’m enjoying the ride!
Like you, I lurked for a LONG time, more like 10 years for me probably. Loved reading everything, probably weekly. Very seldom had anything to say so it never bothered me to not be registered. Then I was made very frustrated by an event and had to vent. Anonymous was just the thing I needed. Finally registered and barely have missed a day since! A bit addictive actually. Like when I first started texting....now can’t stop, Bitmoji has made it even worse. I wonder if there is a help group for this.

Like you, I lurked for a LONG time, more like 10 years for me probably. Loved reading everything, probably weekly. Very seldom had anything to say so it never bothered me to not be registered. Then I was made very frustrated by an event and had to vent. Anonymous was just the thing I needed. Finally registered and barely have missed a day since! A bit addictive actually. Like when I first started texting....now can’t stop, Bitmoji has made it even worse. I wonder if there is a help group for this.
Addicting for sure. It’s nice to come and read it chat with other TMs anonymously

I found it while i was google searching ihatetarget.net (a page just where people post experiences, mainly long rants, but some are funny.) Loved that this was more a forum than just that.

I found it while i was google searching ihatetarget.net (a page just where people post experiences, mainly long rants, but some are funny.)

I was banned for saying good stuff about Target... they hated that. I was still in my 90. It cracked me up how every post was a whiney rant!

Right? Was talking to a guest my first Christmas season and she mentioned knowing something about the flow process 'cause she'd found a forum specific to Target, by TMs. She didn't name TBR specifically, but it was pretty easy to find it on a search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back