How did your store's black FRiday go?

We were busy AF. It was what you think of when you think of black Friday; guests and employees were spilling out of the store, people couldn't even move because we were so damn busy, and people were insane.

I almost had a panic attack; it was bad. I only checked our sales once when I got in at 10, and we were halfway to our sales goal by 10 already, so I'll check MPM tomorrow to see how we did.

We literally sold all of our TVs; toys and seasonal got ransacked, and home was a mess when I left. We somehow managed to keep all of our OFO below 100, but fulfillment/pickup was a damn nightmare.

We had a line of people before I got there at 5am. IDK why, because nothing was impressive. I was immediately asked if we certain toys... that weren't on that great of a sale. I just couldn't believe the amount of people in our store all day long for nothing great. I ordered some things online weeks ago and don't regret it. The $2 I would've saved wasn't worth it.

It wasn’t busy at all at open but picked up around noon and was super busy after that. I don’t know if it felt different because we were really well staffed but it also wasn’t shoulder to shoulder either.

Electronics was pretty slammed from open until I left at 3. People didn't seem to get the concept that the sales had been happening for the entire week. Also, trying to push truck during the madness is a pointless endeavor. The rest of the store seemed to be average to slightly busy. Almost all the check lanes were running but I noticed several cashiers just standing there with no one in line as I was heading out.

Honestly just a normal friday level traffic :/ it was very underwhelming and we still have way more tvs than I have seen in the past. We made our goal but eh reshop was done zones complete. Not complaining just weirded out over it. Sorry for those that were busy though -_-

Worse than last year, We were busier than last year too and we have more people hired seasonal-wise and new people-wise and some of them were just not even trying to do their job and management of course just stands around and micromanage most of the time instead of actually help. Stayed past the time I was supposed to leave which doesn’t surprise me. Had 3 callouts up front too.

Asked the SD how we did as a store today, and she happily told me that we made the most money ever in our store's history. I honestly don't remember what the number was because I briefly looked when I left, but we were around 580K something, way beyond our forecast of 450K. For a store our size and volume, the number was truly breathtaking, and I can tell our leaders were very proud. It also confirms how fucking busy we were yesterday.

Back