Archived how do I be cross trained

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever they ask you "Luna, have you ever done XXXX dept?"
You answer, "No, but I've always wanted to learn."
It may be confusing learning the different rules for diff areas but it helps you become versatile (aka "global") & you can eventually pick up more shifts.
More shifts = more hours = more $$.

How do you all stop people from doing a complaint against you .

If you offended a coworker or something, approach that person in a friendly manner and apologize. Say that you two had a misunderstanding and leave it at that.

If it was a guest, good luck. If the complaint is something like, "he called me a lazy fat b****" then you're screwed.. but if its something along the lines of, "oh, he was following policy, and didn't let me return this item" then don't sweat it..

If guests complain against you

What could you POSSIBLY have done to upset a guest?

Listen, its going to happen. The best thing to do is get over it.... NOW. If you keep worrying about it, you're gonna be miserable. I've had about 2-3 complaints a year. For ringing them up too fast when the lines were long, for not asking if they found everything (we read a paper saying NOT to), for not magically pulling out the RED FURBY that a guest wanted because online it said we had it (yes, we had a furby but an assortment of colors), to flicking off a guest for almost running me over in the parking lot. YOU ARE NOT IN TROUBLE. you might have had a very slight, not even really a coaching, coaching. But until you sign a paper and you're put on corrective action, you have nothing to be worried about.

How do you all stop people from doing a complaint against you .
In retail you'll ALWAYS have people complaining against you.
When you've been there long enough & your fellow TMs learn the type of person you really are, they'll be able to weed out the liars.
There will always be guests who will lie & make up stuff about you because you were doing your job.
I had guests that went off on me as soon as I had to say 'no' to something. From that point, they lied to leadership about what happened, called me names, made threats about not shopping there any more - you name it.

To prevent complaints, I'm friendly and helpful and apologetic (when needed), and also VERY VERY SMILEY. Genuine smiles go a long way. I've been at Spot five years and have had ONE complaint, and that one complaint was that I cashed her out too quickly

How can i be promoted to other positions. Like tell me what I have to do.

Can you please type in, at least understandable English. I know the people here are trying to be nice by not saying it but your posts are really hard to read.

"were" isn't even a proper answer to the question Hardline's asked.

Have you completed your learning plan for the front end? There's no where to find it, you'd know if you did or not

Some stores might not do them...I know mine just starting doing them again as of a couple of months ago for the first time in two years. Up until they handed me one for a trainee and said, "here, do this," I had never even seen one. And I looked like an idiot in front of my trainee trying to figure out what in the hell I was supposed to be doing with it.

So were is the leaning plan located .

Some stores might not do them...I know mine just starting doing them again as of a couple of months ago for the first time in two years. Up until they handed me one for a trainee and said, "here, do this," I had never even seen one. And I looked like an idiot in front of my trainee trying to figure out what in the hell I was supposed to be doing with it.

We're using them now. We didn't when I was hired. I chose to read the booklet one day when we were slow, as did one of the GSA's. This led to us both knowing many things about guest service that the other GSA's, guest service trained cashiers, and the GSTL were unaware of.

Guest service training is immersion by fire hose. There is so much to learn in so little time, that if someone makes it a couple of months, I encourage them to just read through the book at that time, and now that they have a good grasp of everything, there's a lot more in there that they can learn that will either make more sense or will enhance what they already know.

The first step to impressing higher ups in any work place is being able to use proper English and communicate in a professional manner. Make sure you are doing that first and foremost.

It must be all the other steps I'm not very good at then. Which step is asskissing? I always tend to skip that one :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back