Archived How do I switch workcenters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owl

I don't want to do Market anymore. It's just too much-I just had seven days in a row of the same 2:30-10:45 (aka 11) shift. Every day I come in and they expect more work to get done than the day before. I don't like the work I'm doing at all anymore. I didn't even apply for this position, they just gave it to me. I get so stressed by the end of the night and I feel bad every single night because I can't get everything done and I know they don't have time to do it in the morning.

So how do I get out of this? Should I just change my availability? If I switch away from Market they're probably going to have to hire on another person and I'm not even sure if there's a sales floor position open right now because we just hired a new girl this week.

Sorry for the mini rant up there, but I'm frustrated. Thanks for reading. :)

Unfortunately about all you can do is ask to be cross trained into another department and hope.
You can change your availability but expect to be drop your hours like a hot rock or just have them not accept it.

On the one hand you're lucky to be getting regular hours.
Many people would kill for that schedule.
On the other I can see how, if you hate the job, it could drain your soul.

I know I'm lucky to be getting regular hours and I feel bad complaining about the schedule, but I asked for a part time job when I started. I'm starting school soon anyway so I'll have to change my availability no matter what. I'm just afraid that if I change my availability too much that they'll just fire me because they need someone in Market and there's apparently only two kinds of Market shifts, 6:00-2:30 and 2:30-10:45.

Well if you've got school, changing you availability is perfectly understandable.
Of course, I suspect they will make you very part time.

But as long as that doesn't matter to you, I'd change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back