Archived How do you get the red card if they want to get the Debit one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the process with this one? Tomorrow a friend of mine will get the Debit one, and honestly I don't know how to do it.

They need to bring a check; it can be blank, voided, cancelled, etc.
When you scan the app for debit (or if it gives you a choice, select debit), it will ask you to insert the check - same position as if someone were paying with check, facedown with the routing number on the right.
From there, follow the prompts.

Make sure they have an actual check, not a deposit slip. Deposit slips have the account number, but not the correct routing number. Also, no starter checks.

Additionally, they will need a scannable ID (such as a driver's license) and their social security number.

Additionally, they will need a scannable ID (such as a driver's license) and their social security number.
If your state allows IDs to be scanned. Some such as mine do not and that feature in POS is shut off. In that case you need to manually enter the info off of the Drivers license.

*pats Kartman on the shoulder*
We've ALL been there.....

As an employee, do we have to get RedCards for ourselves? During my interview, it was being pushed on me heavily. I'm expecting more push for it at orientation

As an employee, do we have to get RedCards for ourselves? During my interview, it was being pushed on me heavily. I'm expecting more push for it at orientation

It's not required at all, but why wouldn't you want one? In order to use your employee discount, you have to pay with either cash, check, gift card, or red card.

It's not required at all, but why wouldn't you want one? In order to use your employee discount, you have to pay with either cash, check, gift card, or red card.
Well I absolutely despise anything to do with credit... and for the debit card, only way I see to do it is to have a check, and I don't have any, nor will I ever have any

Well I absolutely despise anything to do with credit... and for the debit card, only way I see to do it is to have a check, and I don't have any, nor will I ever have any

You only need a check if you apply for the debit in store. Do it online.

No, you don't have to have one. I never did!

Fuck red cards!

sorry had to say that...

Indeed....

The front end ETL keeps trying to get me to do selling contests and stuff with my electronics TM's. I have yet to bow to that..... :|

After the data leaks and long running trend of technology incompetence I have seen from this corporation you would have to pay me to get that stupid thing. I don't even trust them to do direct deposit right. Worked there for years now and still don't have a red card outside of the employee card. I don't want target accessing my bank account or my credit information.

Why they don't have a discount card like Weis stores is bullshit (Just a discount card not a charge card). Its not worth a miniscule discount to give away private data.

This is my first post, but I have to exclaim the fact that Red Cards are basically a form of psych warfare/scamming. Even with the discount Walmart still is cheaper and still has more shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back