Archived How does an ETL get written up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know with TMs the ETL hr has to approve it--how does an ETL go about being written up? Does the HRBP or DTL approve it?

Not necessarily true. An STL got written up at another store in our district, and we knew about it. And also, all of the LODs are notorious for leaving their paperwork laying around.

The STL will need as least HRBP approval, if not DTL. The DTL should be in the loop to know what's happening with the leadership in his stores. If you actually get a CA - start packing up shop. At the ETL level and above, most coachings are verbal. Once all verbal interactions have been exhausted and you still didn't improve, the STL will try to get rid of you.

My favorite is when people save that stuff on the desktop. I love looking at that.

Lol that is always the best. I have seen ETL write ups, pay stubs, personal photos and a few other things from ETL's and TL's doing that. I felt bad for a few of the team leads who are getting paid like $6 less an hour than some of their peers.

My favorite is when people save that stuff on the desktop. I love looking at that.

Lol that is always the best. I have seen ETL write ups, pay stubs, personal photos and a few other things from ETL's and TL's doing that. I felt bad for a few of the team leads who are getting paid like $6 less an hour than some of their peers.
Seriously. The TLs and ETLs at my store need a basic computer course. They save all these sensitive files right on the desktop of the computers in the TMSC.
Every time I use a computer I find coachings with creative names like "Mark's Coaching" on the desktop.

Most times the ETL being subjected to this will clearly know the STL is tying to get rid of them, so they will have another gig lined up and resign before they're termed.

And speaking of terming ETL's, I kid you not.. To get rid of an ETL at my store, it took him loosing his keys THREE times (master keys), several TM complaints.. one time he was lying on the floor in the office saying he couldn't work (on the dirty ass floor) with TM's walking by (STL staring at him).. Another time just leaving abruptly mid-shift because of bad feedback (had to get it covered by a TL).. seriously. Stuff we term TM's for on the spot the ETL's slide with (or maybe get a verbal haha we love you please don't do it again). And being in AP, I know plenty more. Seriously, stuff behind the scenes is CRAZYYY!! But it's virtually impossible to performance an ETL out. The standards are so ridiculous for ETL's compared to TL's. If only you guys knew..

You ever seen an ETL lock someone in the store? Or forget to arm the building? Two easy write ups right there ;)

It can be hard to read your STL's comments. I was given a shitty process and even though I turned it around I never knew if I was doing well or not. My STL would celebrate a win and follow it up with an opportunity. Most of those opportunities were complete BS - like out of my control, can't tell the DC or Corporate what to do type opportunities. I also had a good relationship with my STL because I was the only one that liked her, both as a boss and has a friend.

Call it brown nosing but she had my back and I had her back. But hey, I got what I wanted and the store was awesome for it. Made my life easier too. My recommendation - kiss the buns.

It can be hard to read your STL's comments. I was given a shitty process and even though I turned it around I never knew if I was doing well or not. My STL would celebrate a win and follow it up with an opportunity. Most of those opportunities were complete BS - like out of my control, can't tell the DC or Corporate what to do type opportunities. I also had a good relationship with my STL because I was the only one that liked her, both as a boss and has a friend.

Call it brown nosing but she had my back and I had her back. But hey, I got what I wanted and the store was awesome for it. Made my life easier too. My recommendation - kiss the buns.

Pretty much exactly how I made my way on to the bench... being awesome and doing everything my ETL's and STL wanted first. Also showing great interest in their jobs has taught me a lot as they have kind of taken me under their wings in a way.

You ever seen an ETL lock someone in the store? Or forget to arm the building? Two easy write ups right there ;)
yea well at one of the stores in my district atleast three men hid in the store waiting for it to close up and when everyone including the LOD left they stole all the Ipads, and Ipods. I personally know the ETL who was LOD that night and boy was she upset.

yea well at one of the stores in my district atleast three men hid in the store waiting for it to close up and when everyone including the LOD left they stole all the Ipads, and Ipods. I personally know the ETL who was LOD that night and boy was she upset.

We used to have a group of people that would do that at the nearby Home Depot. They would hide out in the sheds in the garden center with carts full of power tools and then toss / climb the fencing at night. I believed they dubbed them the "dewalt gang" they were a bunch of heroin addicts apparently. I don't know much about he incidents because I was still in HS during the time but I remember it being in the news and my mom was a dept. head there.

at one of the stores in my district atleast three men hid in the store waiting for it to close

How did they get out?

Most times the ETL being subjected to this will clearly know the STL is tying to get rid of them, so they will have another gig lined up and resign before they're termed.

And speaking of terming ETL's, I kid you not.. To get rid of an ETL at my store, it took him loosing his keys THREE times (master keys), several TM complaints.. one time he was lying on the floor in the office saying he couldn't work (on the dirty ass floor) with TM's walking by (STL staring at him).. Another time just leaving abruptly mid-shift because of bad feedback (had to get it covered by a TL).. seriously. Stuff we term TM's for on the spot the ETL's slide with (or maybe get a verbal haha we love you please don't do it again). And being in AP, I know plenty more. Seriously, stuff behind the scenes is CRAZYYY!! But it's virtually impossible to performance an ETL out. The standards are so ridiculous for ETL's compared to TL's. If only you guys knew..

ETLS at my store are treated so much better. Theyre allowed to go into the employee door anytime they like while its closed off to tm's after 8am. is it like that for every store? Also the etls cuss one said fuck to me when she was upset, mocks me when I ask her questions or for help and another tells me im not satisfying my core roles yet the tms with the same core roles doesnt do them at all and she does not get critixized. Im on cca now and think all this is unfair. The etl hr is of no help. What do I do?

Our STL locked two team members in the store, all during his first month at our store! I wonder if the DTL ever caught wind of that incident, it certainly couldn't have looked good.

Our STL locked two team members in the store, all during his first month at our store! I wonder if the DTL ever caught wind of that incident, it certainly couldn't have looked good.
The layout of my store makes it so that you can't get locked in. The door from TSC to the parking lot has a pushbar so it doesn't open from the outside, but anyone on the inside can open it. Do other people's stores not have this?

Many of the newer store designs don't have a separate TM entrance. My current store (former greatlands) does but my old store didn't.

ETL AP at my store lost his keys and was termed the next morning.

ETLS at my store are treated so much better. Theyre allowed to go into the employee door anytime they like while its closed off to tm's after 8am. is it like that for every store? Also the etls cuss one said fuck to me when she was upset, mocks me when I ask her questions or for help and another tells me im not satisfying my core roles yet the tms with the same core roles doesnt do them at all and she does not get critixized. Im on cca now and think all this is unfair. The etl hr is of no help. What do I do?

I use the employee door often after 8 am. Rarely use it to enter the store because it's locked and I'm not lazy enough to hit the doorbell and wait for someone to come let me in, but have had a few occasions where ETL's or the HRTM open it for me when they see me coming in, and I usually use it to go outside on my lunch or when leaving for the day after clocking out as it's rarely armed.

The layout of my store makes it so that you can't get locked in. The door from TSC to the parking lot has a pushbar so it doesn't open from the outside, but anyone on the inside can open it. Do other people's stores not have this?

It would be unwise to use the panic bar to open the door after hours as the alarm may likely be armed...bad deal should you exit and set it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back