Archived How does an ETL get written up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You ever seen an ETL lock someone in the store? Or forget to arm the building? Two easy write ups right there ;)
Our STL locked two team members in the store, all during his first month at our store! I wonder if the DTL ever caught wind of that incident, it certainly couldn't have looked good.
The layout of my store makes it so that you can't get locked in. The door from TSC to the parking lot has a pushbar so it doesn't open from the outside, but anyone on the inside can open it. Do other people's stores not have this?

It would be unwise to use the panic bar to open the door after hours as the alarm may likely be armed...bad deal should you exit and set it off.
The way I see it is if the door is locked/armed then I'm staying clocked in until it's opened. If you can't leave then you are still working. Anyone else here who can clarify if I'm right or wrong about this? If I remember right walmart got sued over locking employees in the store while off the clock.

Our STL locked two team members in the store, all during his first month at our store! I wonder if the DTL ever caught wind of that incident, it certainly couldn't have looked good.
The layout of my store makes it so that you can't get locked in. The door from TSC to the parking lot has a pushbar so it doesn't open from the outside, but anyone on the inside can open it. Do other people's stores not have this?

It would be unwise to use the panic bar to open the door after hours as the alarm may likely be armed...bad deal should you exit and set it off.
The way I see it is if the door is locked/armed then I'm staying clocked in until it's opened. If you can't leave then you are still working. Anyone else here who can clarify if I'm right or wrong about this? If I remember right walmart got sued over locking employees in the store while off the clock.

Our TM door gets deadbolted overnight, but the overnight TLs always unlock it for TMs who are leaving or need to go outside during break/lunch.

Our TM door gets deadbolted overnight, but the overnight TLs always unlock it for TMs who are leaving or need to go outside during break/lunch.
That's good, I heard some stories on here about how LODs at other overnight stores would take their time unlocking the door for team members who were off the clock waiting to leave.

If I were ever locked in a store on accident I would remain clocked in or I would fill out a punch correction for all the overnight hours I was stuck there, then I'd wait until morning when I could be let out. Also want my overnight $1 shift differential, too.

That's good, I heard some stories on here about how LODs at other overnight stores would take their time unlocking the door for team members who were off the clock waiting to leave.

During overnight, the flow team takes break and lunch together, as does the backroom team, and their break/lunch times are the same every night. So when it's time for either team to go on break or lunch, one of the TLs will unlock the door. They also unlock it just before 4:00 so plano and signing can get in, then they disarm just before 6:00 so the opening LOD, SFT, etc. won't set off the alarm when they come in.

I don't know if he got written up, but one of my old ETLs chased a guy who was trying to steal for several blocks and tackled him. This was in his first week. As far as I know he still works for the company 3 years later.

I know with TMs the ETL hr has to approve it--how does an ETL go about being written up? Does the HRBP or DTL approve it?
My ETL HR is the biggest bitch on the planet. She treats TM's like shit EXCEPT the Store Leader she always puts on a fake happy face for him and her higher up HR and for people of her own race. Anyone can understand stress of her job but to be a bitch 24/7 is no excuse for her behavior and I believe she is naturally like this. I wish she would get written up because she is the most inconsiderate, illogical, superficial, person I've met who has been put in a higher up position.

If I were ever locked in a store on accident I would remain clocked in or I would fill out a punch correction for all the overnight hours I was stuck there, then I'd wait until morning when I could be let out. Also want my overnight $1 shift differential, too.
Make sure you fix your section issues & fill product to location while you are there waiting:)

If I got locked in and couldn't get out for several hours I would make sure I got paid but I would leave zero gobacks everywhere and zone the entire store, actually it might be fun all alone in a dimly lit Target, I'd also snack on some food. But my store has overnight process so there is always people coming in and going out.

Many of the newer store designs don't have a separate TM entrance. My current store (former greatlands) does but my old store didn't.

ETL AP at my store lost his keys and was termed the next morning.

Losing keys is an instant Final for ETLs.

Ours lose them regularly, but they cover each others asses rather than ratting each other out luckily.

Just the other day I witnessed ETL-LOG find bailer keys, he asked ETL-GE to switch channels, asked if they were hers. They weren't, so she asked a Sr. TL to switch to 3, and asked him if they were his. They were. She then informed LOG they were the Sr. TL's and that was that. No coaching, CCA, Final, etc., just a "be more careful in the future".

Ours lose them regularly, but they cover each others asses rather than ratting each other out luckily.

Just the other day I witnessed ETL-LOG find bailer keys, he asked ETL-GE to switch channels, asked if they were hers. They weren't, so she asked a Sr. TL to switch to 3, and asked him if they were his. They were. She then informed LOG they were the Sr. TL's and that was that. No coaching, CCA, Final, etc., just a "be more careful in the future".

This is vastly different from my store, my store is completely controlling on everything. Here's a list of things we get coached on if a TL/ETL or god forbid the STL/ETL-AP finds:
Keys, of any sort (instant final for ETLs)
The magnet keys that open the spiderwraps and clamshells (also instant final for ETL's and AP)
Speed IDs, expired or not (except in the TSC trash)
Box cutters, except for on the baler in the community "Need a box cutter? Take a box cutter" stash.
EAS stickers (We are way more anal on these than I think we should-if we're using them, the roll has to be in our hands the entire time until they're put back)
Unsecured money (Sometimes if the GSTL has a butt ton of blinkers, they'll hand cashiers the cash and tell them to keep it on the keyboard and K2 it after their current transaction, but only for cashiers they trust and know they are aware of the guidelines for unsecured money (except apparently the "must be under supervisor control" one)), if the cashier's hand is not on the stack of bills on the keyboard at all times, it's a coaching.
A myDevice
A PDA/LPDA if it's logged in
A walkie (but straight to CCA if it's an AP walkie)

I don't typically leave cash with a cashier, but if I do I put it in their drawer where coupons go, not on the keyboard in plain sight.

Even then I check to make sure they added it a few minutes later because I do not want someone else to see they need change and bring it to them again. Register being short is not good, but the change fund drawer being short is much worse. Far fewer people to point fingers at due to the limited # of people with keys to it than there are that can log onto a register.

y

yes they do i have had to wait upwards of ten minutes on a few occasions. it just pisses me off.

Speed IDs, expired or not (except in the TSC trash)
I'm waiting for my store to get robbed due to everyone leaving their speed IDs everywhere. The only excuse is if you're new and can't remember your TM number, anything else and you really shouldn't be using them. Only department that takes leaving speed IDs around seriously is electronics. They have to leave the boat so often and sometimes there are thousands of dollars in each drawer over there.

We had a GSTL termed when they discovered he was using TM speed slips to process bogus credit apps.
A cashier was termed using other TMs' speed slips to till tap (take money from the drawers).

We had a GSTL termed when they discovered he was using TM speed slips to process bogus credit apps.
A cashier was termed using other TMs' speed slips to till tap (take money from the drawers).
This is why the function shouldn't even be in the register for anyone who has been working for target for more than a month. I doubt there are many other stores that allow this kind of insanely unsecure practice. Scanning a slip everyone leaves everywhere that can gain access to any and all cash drawers in the entire store until it expires (probably hours after a thief picks it up).

I fully concur that they shouldn't exist. Sadly damn near every cashier in our store uses them.

Make the rule you find one unattended on a register its a write up. It must be secured at all times. I find them left on a register I trash it. Secure your log on.

i hate that our mobile people leave them, so tgey can get all the mobile junk after they leave. especially this time of year, because all 3 of our drawers have thousands in them. not to mention you can get put on a ca for doing that.

Make the rule you find one unattended on a register its a write up. It must be secured at all times. I find them left on a register I trash it. Secure your log on.

Not in my control, I imagine the GSTL could make such a rule if he wanted, sure APTL could, but as a GSA, no, I couldn't even enforce the rule if it was made other than to collect the slips I found and turn them in to the APTL, GSTL, or LOD.

i hate that our mobile people leave them, so tgey can get all the mobile junk after they leave. especially this time of year, because all 3 of our drawers have thousands in them. not to mention you can get put on a ca for doing that.

When you get to much cash in the drawer for your comfort call for a skim. I have only done it twice and an ETL did it, but they take a chunk of cash out, so its not such a target.

Nauzhror, I hear ya, why I trash every one I find left laying around. It is just stupid, how hard is it to type a couple numbers?

In defense of speed IDs, they should not be used on registers and I agree with that. However, coming from someone who monitors self checkout a lot, speed IDs are almost a necessity there because it gets really annoying having to type in my TM number and PIN on those screens with guests standing in the way and the screens already being warped enough from everyone touching them. Plus, they can see my number and PIN as I type it so they could get into a register anyways if they wanted to.

In defense of speed IDs, they should not be used on registers and I agree with that. However, coming from someone who monitors self checkout a lot, speed IDs are almost a necessity there because it gets really annoying having to type in my TM number and PIN on those screens with guests standing in the way and the screens already being warped enough from everyone touching them. Plus, they can see my number and PIN as I type it so they could get into a register anyways if they wanted to.

This makes sense, you probably keep yours close to scan it many times in the registers. However a regular cashier who walks away on their break or lunch leaving access to cash in every register in the store is a big security issue.

This makes sense, you probably keep yours close to scan it many times in the registers. However a regular cashier who walks away on their break or lunch leaving access to cash in every register in the store is a big security issue.
Or a salesfloor team member backing up...who makes a speed ID and leaves it on the register when they leave in 15 minutes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back