How does Target handle work restrictions?

I gave Target a doctor's note stating I can not work under certain conditions.

What will probably happen next?

I gave it HR not my TL because HR supposedly does all scheduling though that answer changes weekly.

They'll give you a form for your doctor to fill out that specifies your restrictions. Such as "lift/carry" and a bunch of check boxes for 0 lbs, 10 lbs, 20 and so on.

How do they handle them or how should they handle them?
Often two different things.
Check this thread for the answers to should.

Badly is how I would describe it. Had a bunch of sutures in my leg from a work injury. Something sharp reached out and cut the crap out of me in the disaster of what was called the fixture room. Restriction was could work but could not do any walking as a primary function of my job and needed to be given a chair when not walking. So they parked me back in receiving. Then tried to bully me into loading a sweep and unloading C&S.. "oh its just a few pallets with the crown" I grabbed a chair and parked my ass at the desk and told them "to fuck all the way off."

Depends on your store, I would say. I would be more formal about it and say you are requesting accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities act and ask what the procedure is for securing those accommodations. The doctor's note will be part of the documentation needed to request the accommodations, but get it all in writing as much as you can and make sure your request is documented.

They will give you an ADA form to have your doctor fill out. Then there’s a meeting with several people to hash out what the reasonable accommodations will be. They do not have to make someone else do any part of your job, they only have to provide the tools to do it if it is reasonable to do so. They also do not have to create a job for you.

If you are injured at work, that is different. They have to pay you either way so they will put you on light duty if at all possible.

I actually already gave the doctor's note to HR because they do the scheduling.

I haven't heard back yet from them yet.

At ours, 9 times out of 10 they will put you at the mask desk. With a chair if necessary. Not the best job (IMO) but at least it's still hours...

Not that great, in my experience. I have Raynauds. I can't put my hands in a freezer or cooler for more than 10 seconds without them turning red and hurting. I got a medical restriction note and gave it to HR. That was a few years ago and I still have leads trying to get me to come help with FDC. "Can't you just wear gloves?" They don't understand it doesn't work like that. If gloves or mittens fixed the problem I wouldn't have to have the restriction, now would I? I finally got snippy with one lead after their fourth time asking me. I don't mind them asking the first time, I'm happy to explain, but then they really need to drop it.

Back