How long do transfers take?

They literally had me do closing training in the midst of Q4. We’re talking less than a week before Christmas and my TL’s were training me on closing the store and doing walks.

And why the quotes around “development”? Do my duties the past few weeks not sound like they’re prepping me for a lead role?

ETA: your closer training and actual TL closing training are 2 VERY different things. Closing TL training is more involved than a closing expert.

I'm just going to be brutally honest, and this is all in my own opinion. I think they're placating you by giving you just enough responsibility. Maybe they're trying to see if you can mature, but I'm leaning more toward they're keeping you around because you'll do the extra work and you have evening/closing availability. You doing the closing routine BS really just means less on the plate of the Closing TL.

Based off of what you say in the forums and how you behave here, I do not think they'll promote you any time soon. Someone mentioned in another thread you might want to apply to other places for management. A LOT of places are hiring right now and you can always pad your resume with the development duties that they're having you do at Target.

You doing the closing routine BS really just means less on the plate of the Closing TL.
The closing TL is still doing her walks and regular routine. I’ve only accompanied the walks a small handful of times. It’s not like they’re regularly having me do the walks in place of the TL.

Back