How long is a Corrective Action Valid?

So I got a Corrective Action and noticed it precludes me from transferring or getting promoted FOR A YEAR.

Is that on the form by default? My TL never bothered to explain that part to me.

Do they do this so you will quit before they fire you?

I have always thought Spot doesn't considering it turnover if you quit just if you're fired.

For example they just fired an ETL but the GSTL and a Closing TL quit so they won't count the latter two.

Thoughts?

They do it so you can't transfer to hide whatever you did wrong or so your store can't shove you off on another store. You obviously won't be promoted if you aren't performing well anyways. A CCA basically says you need to improve on something so not promotable.

Generally speaking, leaders like it when an employee they have written up turns things around and starts doing really well. No one "wants" to fire people (except thieves, almost everyone likes to see a thief get walked out.)

Retention is affected by quits and firings both, though seasonal does not xount against the metric as those folks were hired to be let go when not needed.

Exactly @Fluttervale. Everyone likes a comeback story.

When I was Footwear Lead at my old job I had one salesperson who would do nothing but stand there, no effort. I coached her a couple of times and discussed it during her review, and slowly things turned around until she became one of my best sales people. I made sure to praise her and let her know I was impressed with her progress and appreciated her hard work. She was a quiet person but I could tell that she was pleased that I noticed.

It also depends on what the CA is for. NCNS is a single event, and if all else is good, could be overlooked. There is nothing in "the system" that prevents a transfer or promotion based on a CA.

If you are concerned, talk to your leader. Just explain that you have had time to digest the info, and want to talk about some specifics. Is my job in danger? What do I need to do to be considered promotable? Transferrable?

Back