Archived How many APTM does your store have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek:
Damn, the most I had heard of was 3!
My store used to have 2 APS/2 TPS/1 ETL-APS and sometime a APTL coming around from time to time. Now only 1 APS :(
I wish 4 APS... i think our downtown store has 4, likely...

Sounds like my dream store.
Ehhh it's not exactly a dream situation. Stores like that are usually hovering around $3 million or more in shortage. They also are doing something like $90-100+ million in sales, which is the only reason they keep the store open with such high shortage.

I'm in a store like this. We may get apps every day but you still have to pick them out from hundreds (in this case thousands) of honest shoppers. I've had plenty of apps where I couldn't even approach because the guest traffic made it unsafe to do so.

Last edited:
Ehhh it's not exactly a dream situation. Stores like that are usually hovering around $3 million or more in shortage. They also are doing something like $90-100+ million in sales, which is the only reason they keep the store open with such high shortage.

I'm in a store like this. We may get apps every day but you still have to pick them out from hundreds (in this case thousands) of honest shoppers. I've had plenty of apps where I couldn't even approach because the guest traffic made it unsafe to do so.
Mmm, touche. Very good points. I guess I'm I'm just getting so fed up with the low volume life, haha.

I can't tell they keep changing. I liked the last guy, he answered questions. A stealthy good morning to you wherever you are.

Wow, Is it a low volume theft store?

Medium volume but low risk. We see way more theft than the ETL-AP stores, but it's mostly petty, opportunistic theft. That being said, our shortage is pretty good. Sometimes I feel as if I can show that lots of theft happens and is identified, they might upgrade me to at least get some TPS hours!

My store used to have 2 APS/2 TPS/1 ETL-APS and sometime a APTL coming around from time to time. Now only 1 APS :(
I wish 4 APS... i think our downtown store has 4, likely...
We have one more TPS, and all 3 of us get 40 hours.
We kinda-sorta had 2 APS's for a couple months. There was a SNAFU at the district level and the position the guy was promised was taken away, so they just had him stay with us for a couple extra months, since he trained with us, until the guy he was originally supposed to replace was finally fired for covering up an NPI (or tried too).

Medium volume but low risk. We see way more theft than the ETL-AP stores, but it's mostly petty, opportunistic theft. That being said, our shortage is pretty good. Sometimes I feel as if I can show that lots of theft happens and is identified, they might upgrade me to at least get some TPS hours!
Keep wishing. There's two likely situations that would result in your store getting a TPS and both would probably mean you wouldn't be at the store anymore:

1. Your store volume goes up and they make you guys a ETL/TPS combo store, which would eliminate your spot with the chance of you being sent to another store.
2. Your store theft becomes uncontrollable, your store may get TPS hours, but you will most likely be fired for letting the theft get that bad.

I would say if you were getting lit up by district alerts you should ask your investigator for support help. This is usually a APS in the area but sometimes they may send TPS. But since you said most of it is petty theft they probably would just shrug you off.

I am actually under 2 if I got 3 I would be fired

My old store was one ETL-AP, one APS, and three TPS (one full time and two part time, I was part time). I relieved a variety of stores including one with APTL+1 TPS, one ETL-AP+2 part time TPS and one absolutely huge (and sketchy) store with ETL-AP, four APS, and a small army of TPS, as well as a floater ETL-AP who spent about 80% of his time in that store. That place was insane.
My new company only has two stores I know of that have full-time loss prevention officers assigned to the store, and they're the biggest and most risky. Some stores also have uniformed security guards from a contract company, but I have no idea how they determine which stores get those, since one nice store I work at has one, and one much more dodgey store does not. The majority of the LP are like me, moving from store to store throughout the district based upon theft trends, mainly hunting for boosters, which actually works quite well. Of course, we are primarily a grocery chain, and the vast majority of loss in grocers comes from food spoilage rather than theft, so not every store needs full time LP coverage. If we started carrying electronics or something like that, we'd have to hire more LP. Plus, every one of our managers and assistant managers are allowed to make apprehensions and detain lifters by force, so that helps.
I would love it if every one of my stores was like some Targets, with an army of LP/AP, but I can see how that wouldn't be feasible or necessary. I can keep dreaming, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back