COVID-19 How many ETL , TL, TMs wearing masks at work?

I would say at least half of the Team on a given day. I don't wear them mainly due to sensitivity issues, but I also rarely interact with people in Electronics, even before the pandemic.

Zero only A few cashiers wearing masks.
We still haven’t received our masks at my store.

There was only one person wearing a mask when I last worked, but that was on the 28th. Mask recs have changed since then so I'll be curious to see how many are wearing them on Thursday when I next work.

I'm not quite sure where Target is going to get masks when hospitals can't get them, but whatever.

Just be aware of one thing. Since last month the CDC recommended to not wear masks, I got curious about what new information made them change their mind. Turns out the recommendation to wear masks is not to protect the wearer, the advice about how it does nothing and may even increase risk still stands. What the CDC is recommending is wearing masks to protect everyone else. It operates under the assumption that people are infected but are completely oblivious to their sick feelings, so mass wearing of masks is to keep the oblivious people's germs in their own masks and not spreading the "love" to the uninfected. Sort of a social 'you mask yourself to protect others from you'.

Call your local congressman or representative and thoroughly explain that the ETL in question should be relieved from their duties immediately for intentionally putting the team members in jeopardy to further their own agenda and existence. It was done for only one reason, to make them look good to the public at the expense of the entire stores' employee roster.

We have a couple advocates wearing masks. Lots of people wear gloves. For management, only one TL has a mask.

Just be aware of one thing. Since last month the CDC recommended to not wear masks, I got curious about what new information made them change their mind. Turns out the recommendation to wear masks is not to protect the wearer, the advice about how it does nothing and may even increase risk still stands. What the CDC is recommending is wearing masks to protect everyone else. It operates under the assumption that people are infected but are completely oblivious to their sick feelings, so mass wearing of masks is to keep the oblivious people's germs in their own masks and not spreading the "love" to the uninfected. Sort of a social 'you mask yourself to protect others from you'.

In Japan people who even think they might have a cold or flu wear a mask when they go out, especially in the cities.
It is considered to be disgusting to share your germs.
Wish we had that same culture here.

I've been saying the same thing for awhile now Commie. Very sad that this had to happen to wake up the rest of the world. Before this people would not even cover their mouths when they coughed or sneezed, or wash their damn hands after using the restroom.

A pandemic is one thing, but creating a culture where one is supposed to sacrifice money (for masks), take from health care workers, and be put through discomfort for other people's feelings sounds controlling.

And the current problem, if the masks are to protect others, then what about the people who are fully recovered? They don't have to wear masks, but that's not being advertised. What about the people who had so mild a case they didn't know? They also wouldn't need masks but there's no universal testing to establish that. Which in the long run is crazy as society can't recover until it's known that the bulk of people have caught it and recovered. But how do you know the recovery rate and the percentage of people who can no longer get sick in public if you aren't looking for it?

Back