Archived How many hours a week should a Beauty TM (logistics) be working a week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, I know ASANTS. I work in a A volume Super Target store. 5 trucks a week.

So with the End to End process, I would like to know how this is working in other stores. As far as I know is that there should be one opener and one closer. I'm the logistics Beauty TM I guess, who pushes the truck, backstock, in-stocks, research, EXF pulls, Sales planners and weekly counts of outs. Then there's two girls that will be closing and they get their 7 or 8 hours shifts while I only get 6 hours and don't have enough time to do all the things. I don't really think it's fair, all they do is go-backs and guest service.

Can someone give me more info on how this is working at their stores?

My store has 2 logistics people who work M-F 6-2 pm. Not a Super Target.

First, I know ASANTS. I work in a A volume Super Target store. 5 trucks a week.

So with the End to End process, I would like to know how this is working in other stores. As far as I know is that there should be one opener and one closer. I'm the logistics Beauty TM I guess, who pushes the truck, backstock, in-stocks, research, EXF pulls, Sales planners and weekly counts of outs. Then there's two girls that will be closing and they get their 7 or 8 hours shifts while I only get 6 hours and don't have enough time to do all the things. I don't really think it's fair, all they do is go-backs and guest service.

Can someone give me more info on how this is working at their stores?

You should not be shooting EXFs as they are exception fills. they do not update SFQ which will totally screw you. make sure you are under the research tab in themy device and that your pulls are falling into research (rsch) batches in the PDA

I'm also not at a super target. But there's one cosmetics lady doing this E2E bull. She works 5 days a week and has 40 hours. Roughly 10:30-7 every shift

She's only cosmetics though. Currently no one else in that area for hba1/2, pharm, etc

You should not be shooting EXFs as they are exception fills. they do not update SFQ which will totally screw you. make sure you are under the research tab in themy device and that your pulls are falling into research (rsch) batches in the PDA
EXFs definitely update the SFQ. That's how they generate...by changing the SFQ with the myDevice.

How do they not update sfq since you put how many are on the floor then hit get more to fill it to capacity.

Any advice? Apparently I was right as I had heard that in other stores they person who does the logistics part of Beauty works 40 hours. Any ideas how to approach my ETL, ETL-HR or STL about it, as I know they may come with something some dumb excuse.

Not enough my guess would be 40 hours at the least.

Any advice? Apparently I was right as I had heard that in other stores they person who does the logistics part of Beauty works 40 hours. Any ideas how to approach my ETL, ETL-HR or STL about it, as I know they may come with something some dumb excuse.
My cosmetics log person does maybe 2 or 3 hours over there one truck days just to push. We've got hours and plans to have a opener and closer on top of that to do the rest of it. Right now they've hired one new tm who does a mid currently.

How do they not update sfq since you put how many are on the floor then hit get more to fill it to capacity.
EXFs definitely update the SFQ. That's how they generate...by changing the SFQ with the myDevice.

EXFs are not best practice. anything filling the floor should come from autos, manuals, cafs, or research batches. Exfs should really only be used for checklanes endcaps and things of that nature. that is why they are called exception fills. search Exfs in the search bar, there are plenty of posts stating why and how EXFs screw things up.

I'm also not at a super target. But there's one cosmetics lady doing this E2E bull

It's not end to end then. End to end cosmetics there has to be someone in beauty open to close. You are probably using the old model where you have a team member push the truck and occasionally someone in instocks or hardlines touch the area up.

Last edited:

I hate to say this but they may be phasing you out. At my store we had an amazing flow team member who pushed cosmetics but they stopped scheduling her under beauty giving those hours to our new hires.

The reason they moved her is because she speaks poor English and is not a beauty expert and this is where you are in a tricky situation.

While you seem like an amazing task oriented team member who can push the truck and fill the floor your store may be under pressure for the beauty experience model.

My store hired some 25 year old sorroity check in beauty. Sure she talks makeup fine and wears a lot but she pushes ths truck slow. So guess who helps her? The flow team member they are trying to push out.

As far as your hours it depends on how many beauty team members your store has. We have three dedicated beauty who all get 32-40. Then we have some brand team members who pick up the scraps.

Let me give you some advice. Research cosmetics (and not on the zebra) and up your guest service. It's definitely possible to get 40 hours in beauty but you have to have great guest service, if you have a worker ant mentality they are not going to use and abuse you.

I know asants but my hrbp has told us electronics and beauty Team members who don't come up with good metrics will be moved or performanced out. Good luck to you!

Last edited:
Then there's two girls that will be closing and they get their 7 or 8 hours shifts while I only get 6 hours and don't have enough time to do all the things. I don't really think it's fair, all they do is go-backs and guest service.

The point of cosmetics end to end IS guest service. Sales will be looked at for those peak hours so they are going to be held accountable if you guys struggle with sales.

First off you should not worry about just finishing task. That is the first issue you need to focus on guest service as well.

Our opener works 7 to mid day (Not going to give myself away) and leaves a lot of duties for our closer. On Friday Saturday and Sunday we usually have a mid to help finish the truck and fill the end caps.

Cosmetics is the most productive area of the store in terms of sales per square foot. And we are third in the market behind CVS and Ultra (ahead of Amazon and Wal mart) when it comes to cosmetics sales.

Here are the duties. Remember you are part of a team! You guys should be meeting with a team lead to split duties.

1501048094198848965903.jpg

Last edited:
EXFs are not best practice. anything filling the floor should come from autos, manuals, cafs, or research batches. Exfs should really only be used for checklanes endcaps and things of that nature. that is why they are called exception fills. search Exfs in the search bar, there are plenty of posts stating why and how EXFs screw things up.
I think you are confusing the old EXFs that you could do on the PDA with the myDevice ones. The ones that are created on the myDevices are not the same thing. It is literally just updating the SFQ, which may start a batch (that you need to manually close out).

I think you are confusing the old EXFs that you could do on the PDA with the myDevice ones. The ones that are created on the myDevices are not the same thing. It is literally just updating the SFQ, which may start a batch (that you need to manually close out).

So @SFSFun I once read that somewhere here that EXF were bad because they messed something up. So are they safe? Do they really update SFQ?

So @SFSFun I once read that somewhere here that EXF were bad because they messed something up. So are they safe? Do they really update SFQ?
When you used to be able to do them with the PDA, yes it was bad and messed something up. That was mostly before I worked for Target, so I don't know what specifically it was.

But it's fine to do with the mydevices/zebras. You scan an item in mywork, under "none" mode (not research or pricing or anything). Touch manage inventory, then key in how many are there. Say the capacity for that item is 10 and there are none there. When you key in zero, it will update the SFQ to zero. If there are any in the batch, you will see a little blue icon appear at the top left of mywork, which prompts you to close the batch. That batch will drop into rfapps as an EXF. When it gets pulled, it will increase the SFQ to 10 (if they had 10 in the back to pull).

EXF batches generated via None mode SFQ updates obviously update SFQ. EXF generated by "Get more" do not.

@ISMike Do these automatically drop in the autofill or does someone need to actually go and pull the batch?
If you do it via None mode SFQ updates and delete the batch rather than closing it it will drop into autofill/CAF if the actual QTY on the floor is enough to trigger. If you close the batch it'll drop into EXF and must be pulled separately.
"Get More" batches have to be closed and pulled otherwise nothing would change at all if you deleted the batch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back