How many people have health insurance?

• Yes

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • No

Votes: 37 45.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if they are still having the biometric testing set up at the store? Not sure if I missed the communication the past two years or if it’s another cost cutting saver for Target. They would have RN assistants set up different stations in the conference room to do blood/cholesterol test. Saved s lot of money on annual examine fees and it was FREE

Does anyone know if they are still having the biometric testing set up at the store? Not sure if I missed the communication the past two years or if it’s another cost cutting saver for Target. They would have RN assistants set up different stations in the conference room to do blood/cholesterol test. Saved s lot of money on annual examine fees and it was FREE
I don't remember them coming to my store last year either but our communication is trash too.

We had one last year. I’ll let you know if there is one this year.

I was terminated in March and reinstated at another 4 weeks later. When I was reinstated, my insurance was also reinstated. Now lets see how long it takes for my average hours to drop under 29 hours.

I never had insurance. Was qualified last year but not this year. If did have insurance, I would've definitely lost it due to hours being cut. I do know that next year if you don't have insurance the IRS is hitting those with a large penalty. All BS, seems like they are all in it together too

Not eligible for health since I didn't make the 29.5 hours requirement, but am enrolled in the dental plan - not the "basic dental' but the regular plan. My dentist says it's a good dental plan, have finally gotten my teeth fixed.

When you leave/are fired from target COBRA is offered and it is expensive. Depending on your earnings you may be able to purchase your own insurance through ACA programs. In my case, my pay was too low to buy the ADA insurance so I have now qualified for Medicaid.
If you are not sure about what medical insurance you can get or qualify for, call a local insurance carrier and ask them to help you out or ask them if they can refer you to a broker who covers unemployed individuals. I needed help so I ended up calling a local insurance carrier and they referred me to a broker who does unemployment insurance. My experience with the broker was great....he gave me advice then answered questions and did not charge me anything for his help.
If you get insurance through the unemployment/government be very careful about applying and making sure that you get a vendor that covers your doctors. My problem came when they assigned me to a vendor that I did not ask for and I ended up having to make numerous calls to fix the problem.

In the end, I was covered, almost immediately by Medicaid and then ended up with my vendor of choice.....after a number of calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back