Archived How many miles do you commute to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over 50, went from a 12 minute ride to work to an hour and 15

No joke? My STLS has that kind of commute but for six figures he doesn't mind it.

I hear you doglover. That's why I only want 8 hour shifts. Four is a waste of gas.

No joke? My STLS has that kind of commute but for six figures he doesn't mind it.

I hear you doglover. That's why I only want 8 hour shifts. Four is a waste of gas.
Every STL this store has had in the past bit has been a commute like that. Im a TL so it isn't so bad, but id prefer the short drive At the moment. I do not get shifts less than roughly 7 thankfully, any 4 hour shifts id have to turn down haha

Around 6 miles and takes 5-6 minutes. Most of the drive is a narrow two lane road with no passing allowed, so I tend to leave at 5:40 just in case I get stuck behind someone doing the speed limit.

about 4 miles less than 15 minutes, even less if school isn't in session.

About 35 miles around 45-60mins depending on the day. Our stl and one etl have roughly a 80mile one way trip at 90mins unless it's summer then all hope is lost for them

1st store: 35 miles in 45 minutes

2nd store:
10 miles in 30 minutes
35 miles in 45 minutes
5 miles in 10 minutes

3rd store

10 miles in 15 minutes

65 miles each way...

Are you a TM? TL? ETL?

About 35 miles around 45-60mins depending on the day. Our stl and one etl have roughly a 80mile one way trip at 90mins unless it's summer then all hope is lost for them

Do you pass other stores?

I just feel like as a TM my commute is abnormally long. I notice the more people make the more they are willing to travel. We have tms who have moved to apartments within walking distance of our store

Are you a TM? TL? ETL?

I just feel like as a TM my commute is abnormally long. I notice the more people make the more they are willing to travel. We have tms who have moved to apartments within walking distance of our store

DC TM

14 mile one way about 45min drive. I live 3.5 from another store and pass one on the way to mine. Both of those stores that have problems that make mine look civilized.

14 miles takes 45 min? You must be on the interstate

14 miles takes 45 min? You must be on the interstate

With no traffic say on a Saturday morning using the freeway is about 30min. Not using the freeway is also about 30min. Cause one hand you are on a more direct route other is faster but you have to cross more city to work from the freeway. But weekday traffic? You better have your ass at a certain intersection before 5:50am or you will sit for 4-cycles to make it through. Weekday freeway? that at 5:50am is a 15min wait to even get on the freeway on-ramp. Traffic is that bad up here. At that hour. Then it is a 35mph slog til the interchange then it is a 25mph crawl to your exit. At that hour.

I leave a bit early take 45min with traffic and almost never late unless there is crash somewhere and I have to back track to work around it. All backroads mostly two lane black top.

I do not pass any any other stores. But one of the reasons the trip is do long is have to drive from middle of nowhere

What's work in a DC like? I'm not too far from one and I've considered taking up a job there for better pay.

You move a lot of freight for 10-12 hours per day. 3-4 days a week.

At least you do at the RDC. I'm not sure what fulfillment center work is like. Probably similar

1.2 miles here and 5 to 10 min drive depending on the time of day and the lights/traffic... as HRZone said, more money makes a longer commute acceptable but if you end up driving so far that you're paying more in gas than you are making then you are quite literally paying Target to work for them. No good whether it be Target or any other employer for that matter. We had an OP quit when hours went down for that reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back