Archived How many PDA's does your store currently have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whippingboy

Produce Peon
We have five. Between pricing, receiving and backroom team members, equipment has been tighter than it ever has been before. Why did older PDA's go away when we still so desperately need them?

Does anyone have an ETA on when myDevices will pull batches? I've heard that mydevices can tie endcaps now, but it will drop the batch for the backroom, is there a way to avoid this?

I think we have 8 if I recall. but we clearly do not have enough because I am always hearing over the walkie "can someone give up a my device for a ___ Team member?"

10 for general use, 2 for price change, I think. Usually 2 or 3 that are somehow missing.

We start truck unload at 4am, and the ETL log or flow TL will set aside 1 or 2 for dayside backroom. If I'm even 2 or 3 minutes late, sometimes there aren't any left in the equipment room already, and I either have to take one that was meant for dayside, or spend time hunting down a pda taken by someone on flow (they shouldn't be taking them anyways, but they do)

I'm unsure because ETL Log is a cunt and would rather have them beside her at all times than give them to people who would actually make use of them.

20 PDA's. 25 MyDevices. Still not enough, but we have some in leadership who have overspent on equipment.

They have a set amount of MyDevices and PDAs each store should have and as they continue to come in and half our PDAs I'm wondering why they aren't giving us more MyDevices. There will not be enough equipment when they switch everything over.

We've got about 8, but two of them don't have sound so we may as well have 6 shared between receiving, plano, backroom, and pricing because they're pretty much useless.

The mydevice does not work in the dairy produce meat freezer coolers. No wifi connection.

I think I used the myDevice in our Freezers but then again Im pretty sure the server room was just a few yards away. It wasn't a common occurrence to use them in there though.

We have 7 or 8 I believe. Two for ship from store, one for receiving, and the rest for backroom. Pog team will just borrow one when they need to do their pulls, and price change hasnt used them since the my devices rolled out (unless of course the network goes down :)

We have 8 PDAs and 19 MyDevices. We had 20, but our ETL-LOG lost one. I am fairly sure it was sent back in a DC trailer.

10. 7 for backroom (though pricing uses--ugh!) 1 for plano and 1 for GS and 1 for Receiving.

We have at least 10, probably closer to 15 PDAs and 25 myDevices (minus the ones that are lost/stolen/hidden).

We have usually have plenty to go around and a few extras for the old timers on flow who hate the myDevice.

2 for SFS
4 for Backroom
2 for Pricing
1 for Receiving
1 for Guest Service
?? for POG

They are all kept in the equipment case and not reserved. And I thought POG had to use the myDevices by now, but they were definitely using PDAs when they went overnight to setup BTS.

And I thought POG had to use the myDevices by now, but they were definitely using PDAs when they went overnight to setup BTS.

Plano and pricing can still use PDAs because the functions they use haven't been removed from RF Apps yet. Instocks has to use MyDevices because the task list and whatnot no longer exist on the PDAs.

We had to start printing out equipment reports to track down PDAs. Back room needs them, sales floor refuses to give them up. No more Mr. Nice Guy.

Why isn't your sales floor team using MyDevices? The interface is more suitable for guest assistance.

We have...7 PDAs and 25 myDevices.

Once one is set for receiving (Two if it's a certain TL..) and 4-5 for BR, the rest are taken by the old farts that refuse to call the eHR hotline to get their password renewed.

They get so angry when I'm sent to BR to pull batches, in the situation where the BR hasn't quite finished batches before truck is unloaded.

Plano and pricing can still use PDAs because the functions they use haven't been removed from RF Apps yet. Instocks has to use MyDevices because the task list and whatnot no longer exist on the PDAs.
Task list is still on it, like hide and go seek though. I did RIGs on it the other day. Little bit of nostalgia, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back