Archived How many throwers do you have per line?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My DC is currently going to 1 thrower and 2 on the line. Seems ok, if you're trailer is floor loaded. However, they are doing this with palletized trailers. I believe this makes it even harder for the thrower, having to use step stools and all. What do you think?

I had to do it yesterday by myself. I've been working IB for almost 14 years, it starts to wear on you. They have trouble plugging the right trailers sometimes. If they would just give us IW trailers or some type of floor load all the time, that would be nice.

We usually have two temps inside throwing during fall season, other times it varies on how many temps but we always have atleast one temp in the tht silver throwing and if no second temp is present then team members will take turns rotating in the trailer throuought the shift to help maintain 13 inch spacing as needed.

My DC is currently going to 1 thrower and 2 on the line. Seems ok, if you're trailer is floor loaded. However, they are doing this with palletized trailers. I believe this makes it even harder for the thrower, having to use step stools and all. What do you think?
It's actually beneficial in those trailers as well, the second person clears empty pallets out the trailer as well as the plastic and trash so that your able to have a quick turn around when the trailer is finished, when he or she isn't doing that they throw in tandem one person on each side of the line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back