Archived How many Vacation Hours (days) can you request?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told that you can only request 25 hours, is this true? Also how many times a year can you request vacation?

It depends on the amount of hrs accrued, your weekly avg & how many you wish to use.
Ex: Say you've been with spot for five yrs, you avg 32 hrs/week & you can accrue up to 2 weeks of vay-cay a yr.
You've got 41 hrs banked & you want to take a week off.
You can only use up to your avg, 32 hrs in this case but that leaves you 9 hrs still banked.
Inversely, if you avg 38 hrs/week but you only have 16 hrs banked, that's the max you can get paid for until you earn more vay-cay.
As long as you have vac hrs banked, there's really not a limit as to how often you can request them.
HOWEVER, you can't request extra hrs OVER your avg.
Ex2: Your avg is 36 hrs/week, you only worked 30 so you want to use some of your vac-cay to supplement your pay.
Based on your avg, you can only add 6 hrs.
Capiche?

paid or unpaid?

unpaid is 7 days. more than that is considered LOA

I dunno :/

Not to hijack a thread, but if I planned on taking 7 paid days off, then how many unpaid days could I take before I need to use a LOA?

From another thread:
You can take two weeks off.
It would be ten working days with four non working days.
One regular paycheck.
You can't take more hours than a regular paycheck.
So if you normally get 32 hours that's as much as you can take for one period.

Not anymore. If you try to request more than 10 days in a row on MyTime it says you need to apply for a LOA. Won't even let you accept the time off anymore until you fix the amount of days off.
You can work around that though. I requested 9 days off on one request and then a separate day on another. I didn't want to go through the trouble of doing an LOA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back