Archived How much do you think each ETL/TL position should make?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullseyerc

GSTL
Like which ones should warrant a higher pay than others. Which ones are “overpaid” or “underpaid”? Etc.

I think TL pay is fair for the most part. I think that there should be more levels to TL pay based on role difficulty though and not just merit/sr. Also we should be able to get a reasonable amount of overtime.

ETLs should have a probationary pay rate and not 60k on hire without any experience.

I think TL pay is fair for the most part. I think that there should be more levels to TL pay based on role difficulty though and not just merit/sr. Also we should be able to get a reasonable amount of overtime.

ETLs should have a probationary pay rate and not 60k on hire without any experience.
Agreed!

Also I believe anyone who was GSA prior to promoting should receive some sort of additional retro pay or compensation as they were essentially a TL without the pay and their hard work (in most cases) paid off so they should be rewarded for it!

I think that it's logical that if you're in a work center with a pay differential, you should also get that differential as a TL.

Then again, I'm biased.

ETL-AP and APTL should be highest since of safety in my opinion. Maybe ETL-HR a little different 2nd, then ETL-SF/Food/etc i'd go the same... maybe

Help me out here I’m at the dc etl is equivalent to what a department manager ? Shift manager assistant manager ?

PMTs need to be paid more. We do more than some of the ETL roles and if we do poorly, everyone at all levels suffer

Help me out here I’m at the dc etl is equivalent to what a department manager ? Shift manager assistant manager ?

We have an ETL Logistics, ETL HR, and ETL sales floor. They are “managers” of a process, and managers of the team members who work in those areas.

Other higher volume stores can afford to have more Executive Team Leaders.

Last edited:
We have an ETL Logistics, ETL HR, and ETL sales floor. They are “managers” of a process, and managers of the team members who work in those areas.

Other higher volume stores can afford to have more Executive Team Leaders.
And they typically start around 60k ? Sounds equivalent to our om /operations managers . Currently trying to decide weather or not I’m staying at the dc or trying to come over to the store as my history is retail and retail management ( 15 years roughly with over half being management )

A TL is the equivalent of a department manager. An ETL is the equivalent of a assistant mananger. TL is hourly and ETL and up is salary. STL is the Store Manager.

I think the ETLs, even the ones I hate, deserve their salaries. Seeing the shit they put up with, coupled with ~12 hour days, yeah, fucking take that salary. Having said that, I wish there were higher standards in place. In my store, there are ETLs that are crucial for keeping the store alive because they think of the store as a whole. They deserve their salary, and then some. They work harder than our STL.

Then, there are a few we'd be better off without. They don't think of the store as a whole. They may do enough for their title, but they otherwise don't do much to support the store, which I don't think is the role of an ETL. In that position, you can't just come in, put your head down, and do your work, without any regard for anything else. Do they deserve their salaries? Sure. But that's it.

19/hr? News to me

Also, Sr. TLs only do more on LOD shifts. PMTs are consistently responsible for a lot more throughout the entire store, not just a couple areas.

I think ~45-55K (depending on Market) is fine considering they're salaried and managing, in theory, a lot of workers.

You guys already get paid well $19+/hr like Sr. TLs do.
Top pay of 20 an hour within 3 years plus insurance 401k start with 2.5 weeks paid off etc but I’m eventually wanting to move away from my area and no dc near where I’m wanting to go to

19/hr? News to me

Also, Sr. TLs only do more on LOD shifts. PMTs are consistently responsible for a lot more throughout the entire store, not just a couple areas.

Can Signing TM's chime in on this too? I am literally a mini PMT in my store, but only because I was barred from using a Drill, for some reason lol.

My PMT is hiding his old one for me, until Target forgets about that rule, or realizes they are stupid.

Can Signing TM's chime in on this too? I am literally a mini PMT in my store, but only because I was barred from using a Drill, for some reason lol.

My PMT is hiding his old one for me, until Target forgets about that rule, or realizes they are stupid.
Hear hear. My signing guy is a swiss army knife. Always scratching each others backs

Like which ones should warrant a higher pay than others. Which ones are “overpaid” or “underpaid”? Etc.

Overpaid? GE hands down

Underpaid? It depends on how much workload each one has, I guess. I work a low-ish volume store that's been over on head count for quite some time. In an effort to combat this, our store has condensed the Food ETL and Logistics ETL into one role, which, as it sounds, is fucking insane. Sure, we have a solid CTL, but she has to split time between pfresh and Starbucks. And with grocery having gone E2E last year our food Etl is constantly under pressure. I mean, pfresh, Starbucks, back room, flow, pog AND pricing under one Etl? Give that role more money!
To top that off, that same Food Etl informed me (only after I threatened to quit over being screwed over by the pay floor hike) that Etl pay was being equalized. I always thought Etl pay was the same across roles, but apparently this is a new development in my district.

Of course, none of that will matter once the store is fully modernized.

Overpaid? GE hands down

Underpaid? It depends on how much workload each one has, I guess. I work a low-ish volume store that's been over on head count for quite some time. In an effort to combat this, our store has condensed the Food ETL and Logistics ETL into one role, which, as it sounds, is fucking insane. Sure, we have a solid CTL, but she has to split time between pfresh and Starbucks. And with grocery having gone E2E last year our food Etl is constantly under pressure. I mean, pfresh, Starbucks, back room, flow, pog AND pricing under one Etl? Give that role more money!
To top that off, that same Food Etl informed me (only after I threatened to quit over being screwed over by the pay floor hike) that Etl pay was being equalized. I always thought Etl pay was the same across roles, but apparently this is a new development in my district.

Of course, none of that will matter once the store is fully modernized.

Is it true that once the stores are fully modernized next year that there won't be any specialty position anymore and that every TM will be considered "experts"?
But what about cashiers? will they make the same pay as the sales floor TMs that have to push the truck, backstock, research, sales planners, revisions, transitions, price change, etc? That doesn't sound fair to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back