Archived How much office/planning time for SFTLs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all

I am a salesfloor team leader over softlines at an ULV store and just had a status with the my ETL and the STL. They started out by asking what it would take in order for my to have 8-10 hours worth of planning time each (maybe only as little as 5 hours some weeks). Really sounds like a lot of time in an office and was just wondering what other team leaders use. That figures out to be 2 hours a day if I use the full 10 hours they are suggesting. At my store they PPTL plans/maps out endcaps and so on. Also I have a good brand team, but sometimes have to help them to get finished on time. I am really not an office person and I can see them pulling me away for other things, such that I will never even come close to spending 8 to 10 hours in an office.

In addition just wondering if there are other team leaders working at ULV stores with just one salesfloor team lead. Right now we have two, but are supposed to only have one. Not really sure if I want to be around for that.

I don't work in an ULV, but TLs in my store don't spend much time in the offices at all. It just depends on the week how much time I actually spend in tmsc. I spend on average 30 mins - 1hr writing the schedule a week, maybe 20 mins mapping my sales planners if I have new ones drop, about 5 mins doing the vendor scorecard, 5 - 10 mins at the beginning of each shift checking email and myTime, and then some more if I have to write CCAs. Then also a TL meeting roughly every couple of months. So overall, I might spend an average of 2-3 hours a week in the office.

I think that is what they were getting at? You are supposed to have one SFTL and they are asking how much work you should have to take 8-10 hours of planning? It sounds like they are hinting at the fact that you should have all the areas on the salesfloor...

I think that is what they were getting at? You are supposed to have one SFTL and they are asking how much work you should have to take 8-10 hours of planning? It sounds like they are hinting at the fact that you should have all the areas on the salesfloor...
Right. If you have one salesfloor TL then I don't know for sure. If POG team handles salesplanners...then maybe you spend 2 hours a week writing the schedules for hardlines, softlines, fitting room, electronics, and consumables. I'll give you another hour for documenting coachings and corrective actions. Another hour for looking over myPerformance, email, myTime requests. maybe 4 hours a week. I can't imagine you needing much more time than that. There just really isn't that much that SFTLs need to do back in the offices, especially if they are not responsible for salesplanners. You are much more beneficial on the floor spending time with your team, helping guests, and pushing freight out of the back. This is especially true during 4th quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back