Archived How much should a GSTL make and how much should a GSA make?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe GSAs should make 15.50 and GSTLs 18 starting.

If you’re currently either what do you make and how long have you been with target?

Last edited:
Not a GSA, but I know the GSA's in my store all make 12 an hour here. Electronics makes 50cents more.

I think GSA's shouldn't make base pay but definitely not $15. GSTL pay will depend on your store and your experience. So basically the $16 for Tl start pay is expected and more than most managers get paid at other retailers.

Some Cashiers get empowered by the GSTL mostly soo yeah I don’t think GSA should make any higher or less it’s just like being a body during the times the GSTL can’t be in store. Also TL=TL to me they are same I don’t think Front end is like a higher place than other workcenters.

I believe that the GSA's still start at the same wage as an Electronics TM, which is $0.50 above normal start wage.

GSAs at my store are glorified cashiers who literally just do simple returns and handle small checkouts of less than 10 items. They literally don't deserve above base pay. May not be the same at your store but yeah 15.50 an hour is laughable for a GSA. There are harder positions in the store that deserve that kinda pay. Receiving, Backroom, Flow, Market...dealing with shitty guests all day and having a few extra responsibilities on top of being a cashier doesn't really call for 15 bucks an hour lmao...

I'm interpreting the OP to mean how much ideally would you pay the average GSTL and GSA, not how much do those positions currently make under Target's pay grade system.

Assuming base pay for all TMs is $12 per hour:

GSAs - $13
GSTLs - $15

If you think GSAs are only deserving of base pay, then your store either has shitty GSAs or you have a distorted idea of everything that position is supposed to do. This is coming from someone who has been a GSA in multiple stores since that position was first created 10 years ago.

So most folks will have an opinion that the positions should pay more. However, Target will only pay
as much as they need to pay to fill the position. At my store, there are always people willing to do
these jobs. I would believe that is the case at most stores.

So, now what?

GSAs are only paid 12 because corporate isn’t expecting that the position be a GSTL without coaching abilities. If you’re doing more as a GSA you’re being taken advantage of by your store.

My GSA's deserve more than just base pay. They have Cash office shifts, they are making sure the frond end runs smooth etc. They do not order and they do not coach. They deserve at least $1 above base pay.

Like any position at Target I think it varies store to store if you feel a particular position is deserving of more pay. When I was a GSA 5 years ago I would say yes. We did way more than our current GSAs besides watching over the lanes and cash office. Then again at that time I also felt that my GSTL was "delegating" tasks I knew she shouldn't have been.

As much it sucks to know that you are being paid the same as a cashier that started 3 months ago. Target knows that the GSA position is more like a platform for those that want to be promoted. There are going to people who will be fine with the pay understanding that if they do well in this role, there will be a better chance at getting promoted than just being a cashier. Also with e2e the salesfloor has way more responsibilities than they did before. I don't think there should be pay difference between the two.

The positions I feel there should be a pay difference is hr, receiving, and electronics if they are doing mobile as well.

I'm interpreting the OP to mean how much ideally would you pay the average GSTL and GSA, not how much do those positions currently make under Target's pay grade system.

Assuming base pay for all TMs is $12 per hour:

GSAs - $13
GSTLs - $15

If you think GSAs are only deserving of base pay, then your store either has shitty GSAs or you have a distorted idea of everything that position is supposed to do. This is coming from someone who has been a GSA in multiple stores since that position was first created 10 years ago.
Some of our GSA's work harder than our GSTL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back