How often can you call off before OMs bring it up?

I heard that it was something like 3 or 4 times every 3 months? Is that right? Also, is leaving after 12PM (feeling unwell) considered accountable time?

Suppose one was planning to quit after peak season, does it matter if they call off Dec. 24th?

Oddly specific questions, I know haha.

OMs should talk to you about it on every occasion. Called a "seek to understand". But depends on how frequent your call offs are if they'll result in a corrective action.

Anything that results in you missing any amount of work that isn't scheduled vacation or VLE or covered by sick time is accountable.

I assume you're working A2 since you're working past midnight. Good news. The DCs usually close at the end of 1st shift on Christmas Eve and are closed all day on Christmas Day.

I heard that it was something like 3 or 4 times every 3 months? Is that right? Also, is leaving after 12PM (feeling unwell) considered accountable time?

Suppose one was planning to quit after peak season, does it matter if they call off Dec. 24th?

Oddly specific questions, I know haha.

Calling off once like that won't get you in any trouble at all (besides maybe the conversation). You need a few conversations for it to progress to CA. You will lose out on the holiday pay though.

Not really interested in the pay. Just trying to go see my distant family for more than 5 days. Also, a CA shouldn't be a concern if I'm leaving shortly after, right?

Not really interested in the pay. Just trying to go see my distant family for more than 5 days. Also, a CA shouldn't be a concern if I'm leaving shortly after, right?

if you care about being rehired then quitting on CA is bad, otherwise just getting one is meaningless. you won't get one for calling out once, even before a holiday. 50% of the building here calls out every tuesday and friday.

In my building they seemed to totally change the entire accountable time system/policy/whatever recently and as usual didn't inform anything at least not me (I'm pretty sure they always want to keep it vague so nobody knows exactly, and also so they can practice favoritism more easily)

Anyways before as it was explained to me they tracked your time for the prior rolling 6 months. It was explained that 3-4 absences in that 6 months could be CA, and it was kind of portrayed as OM disgression on the 3rd but 4 was for sure. so basically you only got 2 safe issues every 6 months which is crazy imo. also, it was always said 1 minute late counts the same, 1 occurrence, as a 12 hour call in. which of course means everybody figured out if you were gonna be 5 minutes late might as well call in the full shift. i guess unless you just wanted the pay or not too backfill.

I always felt this was too strict. Possibly being written up on THREE occurrences is crazy in 6 months. Anything can happen such as flat tire and bang, not too mention normal getting sick etc.

but anyway the last time i asked i was told occurrences fall off after 30 days now? no other info, such as how many are allowed, and i didnt feel like asking. apparently it's much less strict? heard someone say about her daughter that had been calling in a lot, under the old policy she would have been long gone, but i guess with the new policy not.

In my building they seemed to totally change the entire accountable time system/policy/whatever recently and as usual didn't inform anything at least not me (I'm pretty sure they always want to keep it vague so nobody knows exactly, and also so they can practice favoritism more easily)

Anyways before as it was explained to me they tracked your time for the prior rolling 6 months. It was explained that 3-4 absences in that 6 months could be CA, and it was kind of portrayed as OM disgression on the 3rd but 4 was for sure. so basically you only got 2 safe issues every 6 months which is crazy imo. also, it was always said 1 minute late counts the same, 1 occurrence, as a 12 hour call in. which of course means everybody figured out if you were gonna be 5 minutes late might as well call in the full shift. i guess unless you just wanted the pay or not too backfill.

I always felt this was too strict. Possibly being written up on THREE occurrences is crazy in 6 months. Anything can happen such as flat tire and bang, not too mention normal getting sick etc.

but anyway the last time i asked i was told occurrences fall off after 30 days now? no other info, such as how many are allowed, and i didnt feel like asking. apparently it's much less strict? heard someone say about her daughter that had been calling in a lot, under the old policy she would have been long gone, but i guess with the new policy not.

sounds like your building was off standard, 3 documented conversations before CA is how it works in my building. it's OM discretion if they want to give you a conversation (here they were pretty lax about it until you called off a bunch, now you can expect an OM to crawl up your asshole every callout) after every stretch of accountable time you accrue afaik.

Last edited:
Wow-30 days? I maybe need to transfer to your building. Ours looks at a rolling YEAR, and now that we’re back to standard post COVID they start talking to you @ 3-4 and then move through the CA FW Term process. Like I said in another post, just about every COVID hire is on CA. guessing so strict here because we also are way way way over headcount, and attendance is a no brainer way to weed people out.

sounds like your building was off standard, 3 documented conversations before CA is how it works in my building. it's OM discretion if they want to give you a conversation (here they were pretty lax about it until you called off a bunch, now you can expect an OM to crawl up your asshole every callout) after every stretch of accountable time you accrue afaik.

But what is the time frame on that 1yr? 6 months?

If they only start talking to you sat 3-4 then it's probably at least 6 in a yr before you'd get a CA which is close to the 3-4 in 6 months thing we had going before.

This whole building is incompetent so I'm sure there's no point in asking the policy, noone will know not HR either. or they will give non answer answer that amounts to we can do whatever we want.

I was going on what I was told several years ago, about 3 in 6 months. But I asked my OM after my 3rd IIRC recently, if I left that day would it be a CA. He said no, my last one fell off after 30 days. I was like 30 days, really? and he was like yes. Who even knows. It's probably just what they are doing cus they feel like it (mainly I think we are getting a little tight on ppl, so they can either lose even more, or allow more call offs, so they are doing the latter, IMO). and the other was talking to the lady who's daughter had called in a lot. and she was like yeah under the old way she would have been fired. so i get the impression the new thing is lax.

Last edited:
But what is the time frame on that 1yr? 6 months?

If they only start talking to you sat 3-4 then it's probably at least 6 in a yr before you'd get a CA which is close to the 3-4 in 6 months thing we had going before.

This whole building is incompetent so I'm sure there's no point in asking the policy, noone will know not HR either. or they will give non answer answer that amounts to we can do whatever we want.

I was going on what I was told several years ago, about 3 in 6 months. But I asked my OM after my 3rd IIRC recently, if I left that day would it be a CA. He said no, my last one fell off after 30 days. I was like 30 days, really? and he was like yes. Who even knows. It's probably just what they are doing cus they feel like it (mainly I think we are getting a little tight on ppl, so they can either lose even more, or allow more call offs, so they are doing the latter, IMO). and the other was talking to the lady who's daughter had called in a lot. and she was like yeah under the old way she would have been fired. so i get the impression the new thing is lax.

I have no clue what the actual policy is, I just assumed they could always ding you for any accountable time and that it was OM discretion whether they actually wanted to do the hassle of going through the process or not.

youre fired donald trump GIF

I think it's also dependent on shift and department.

Inbound/Outbound at our DC is a bit more tolerant on CAs for attendance because of the personnel turnover. Warehouse is ruthless about coaching/CA for calling in.

we're still on up to 3 call ins A MONTH. falling off after 30 days. Its crazy lenient compared to anything i've known in the past and no idea why they changed.

you could have said the policy was lax because we were so overstaffed, but as of now i'm not sure we are overstaffed anymore with fall season bearing down and losing several people.

I honestly feel like the current policy is just so they dont have to fire one specific current favored person (a female, who flirts with all the male higher ups) who calls in a lot lol.

I saw an attendance sheet and everyone’s name had a number beside it. Mine was 7. Curious if that means I missed 7 days this year and does it reset at the beginning of the year?

I saw an attendance sheet and everyone’s name had a number beside it. Mine was 7. Curious if that means I missed 7 days this year and does it reset at the beginning of the year?
I think they look at a rolling calendar for attendance. So it won't wipe on Jan 1st. Each occurrence drops off 1 year after the day you were absent.

we're still on up to 3 call ins A MONTH. falling off after 30 days. Its crazy lenient compared to anything i've known in the past and no idea why they changed.

you could have said the policy was lax because we were so overstaffed, but as of now i'm not sure we are overstaffed anymore with fall season bearing down and losing several people.

I honestly feel like the current policy is just so they dont have to fire one specific current favored person (a female, who flirts with all the male higher ups) who calls in a lot lol.

updated now i was told 60 days is the rolling period they are looking at at my dc. with the 4th occurrence being a ca, i guess.

30 days did seem way too lenient this feels a little better/more sustainable.

i'm still convinced the entire policy is so they dont have to fire one particular tm who calls out a lot lol.

Back