How to get the training you've been waiting six months for.

Sorry its confidential and I don't want to reveal too much. But its a big change.

You should find out by 1/8. Any OM's will find out by 12/21. Seniors and above already have the info.
Interesting developments. Definitely good for training.

Honestly I don't think you will
There’d have to be massive changes. Removing the stupid all day driving PIT around which is a waste of time. More input by trainers on the training process. Less OM telling us to train random people who have no business being trained

… and some kind of incentive to be a trainer god damn it lol

There’d have to be massive changes. Removing the stupid all day driving PIT around which is a waste of time. More input by trainers on the training process. Less OM telling us to train random people who have no business being trained

Lol like Hal I will not say but bog changes. I could agree with the all day training but than again I agree that we should have all day training based off of experience.

Yeah, I just have a better relationship with the PC than I do my SOM (we butted heads when I was learning line loading in depal and they are just so arrogant its off-putting)

So they are changing the model again. The one they just rolled out last summer works well. The only thing I want is for the trainer needs to be able to do all functions in the department
What were you doing wrong when you were line loading?

What were you doing wrong when you were line loading?
Nothing, it was my first-night line loading and they thought I should know everything. I had just started the period and was being given job instructions since it was my first time.

i got icqa back up. they trained me for a week, i guess they put my training on hold because my trainer went on vacation, she came back, nothing… no mention of any future training. I haven’t asked why.. i shouldn’t have to…its not my place. is this normal?

i got icqa back up. they trained me for a week, i guess they put my training on hold because my trainer went on vacation, she came back, nothing… no mention of any future training. I haven’t asked why.. i shouldn’t have to…its not my place. is this normal?
Fairly normal, yeah. You should ask about it, be your own advocate. I get that you shouldn’t need to, but everyone has so much crap going on all the time that coordinating training isn’t going to be high on their priority list unless you push for it.

Ya they asked for me a week ago… my OM said no. Frustrating.. I want to learn it
Business needs come first. Not sure where your dc is located, but I’m sure are a bunch are behind due to weather this past week. Like you said, they were roughly 3 days behind. At that point they are in throughput mode.

Have no fear, once they are caught up this week you should be able to get training in. I feel it’s going to get pretty ugly in January - may or so.

So, wanted to provide an update about the original post. I talked to my OM again and had a heart-to-heart. They explained it as they have a lot going on (onboarding a new OM for the x number of times in two years) and they feel like I can handle it. I am also spread very thin because of knowing so much...They want me to learn organically by putting me down on the line and working with the driver to get time. But there was more, I also learned that I was the only person to put in for the backup LWW in the department, and they felt that was also going to take more precedence than what I wanted. I am, also going to be working with the consolidation team after training and will be getting PIT trained on the two pieces of equipment that I wasn't allowed to learn or in the case of the one-piece PIT had trash training on. So, I'll be working on a lot over the next few months, and when I'm not in the backup role or wearing any one of my many other hats I may be staffed as an RC processor.

We learned that trainer position is becoming a merit position and we will have 10 per shift who cover all departments.
Thats going to go well, we have warehousing trainers who can barely earn 40% in any function in warehousing, just wait if you thought it was the blind leading the blind.
Im sure it will be the 10 who are the OM's BFFFFFFF's. Plus if they interview im sure people from other keys will switch keys just to get a merit job with no mandatory OT.
This is going to be great. Its an absolute train wreck in my DC right now, this is going to be like scorched earth.

Then the lead Warehouse workers are all going to merit 3 starting Feb 5. They are all pissed because they were told they won't be eligible for the annual merit raise or STI bonus this year plus they won't get the bonus the regular warehouse workers are getting in march/april for not getting a raise in the past year. Plus they are losing OT.

They just keep making great decisions.

We were beyond dead this past weekend and instead of catching up on training we had an army of idiots sweeping, groups of 6-10 wondering the travel aisles blocking everybody with one sweeping and the rest just following.

Well, I guess the LWWs get a crash course in the crap side of merit positions! On the bright side, nobody in merit is going to be getting much of a bonus this year anyway, so they’re really not losing much!

We learned that trainer position is becoming a merit position and we will have 10 per shift who cover all departments.
Thats going to go well, we have warehousing trainers who can barely earn 40% in any function in warehousing, just wait if you thought it was the blind leading the blind.
Im sure it will be the 10 who are the OM's BFFFFFFF's. Plus if they interview im sure people from other keys will switch keys just to get a merit job with no mandatory OT.
This is going to be great. Its an absolute train wreck in my DC right now, this is going to be like scorched earth.

Then the lead Warehouse workers are all going to merit 3 starting Feb 5. They are all pissed because they were told they won't be eligible for the annual merit raise or STI bonus this year plus they won't get the bonus the regular warehouse workers are getting in march/april for not getting a raise in the past year. Plus they are losing OT.

We were beyond dead this past weekend and instead of catching up on training we had an army of idiots sweeping, groups of 6-10 wondering the travel aisles blocking everybody with one sweeping and the rest just following.
Trainers aren’t merit so they will be eligible for ot. The dedicated trainer role is definitely a step in the right direction with incentivizing training.

The leads I’ve spoken to for the most part are happy with the change. They received a raise from the get go and will then get A 9 box next year. Bonuses this year will be nonexistent but the hope is that by taking care of inventory issues at once, next year will be better (fingers crossed). The ot would probably have bothered me when I was a Lww. My last year I worked roughly 450 hours of ot. I was making more than most om’s and working less average hours.

Housekeeping is important, however we should be training a lot of these people on the broom and dustpan so they are actually cleaning and not doing the aimless walk around the warehouse.

I really am torn about the training situation. My DC only had a couple of trainers for warehouse over the past few years and when they were on that huge hiring spree they complained that they were sick of training every time they worked. These were people that enjoyed training the new hires before that started happening. So how's that going to go once that's all a person does? Will they get sick of it? Will people in those positions just quit from burnout or will they post back to production (which is an option for them)? What's the thinking behind thinking people will enjoy just training day in and day out, every shift until the end of their Target careers?

I really am torn about the training situation. My DC only had a couple of trainers for warehouse over the past few years and when they were on that huge hiring spree they complained that they were sick of training every time they worked. These were people that enjoyed training the new hires before that started happening. So how's that going to go once that's all a person does? Will they get sick of it? Will people in those positions just quit from burnout or will they post back to production (which is an option for them)? What's the thinking behind thinking people will enjoy just training day in and day out, every shift until the end of their Target careers?
Exactly why I stepped down immediately on hearing about it. I enjoy training I do. But I have zero interest in doing it non stop

Exactly why I stepped down immediately on hearing about it. I enjoy training I do. But I have zero interest in doing it non stop
Exactly what I'll be doing.....I do not want to just train as much as I enjoy it I can't do it daily

Any word on start date of that training thing and are backup leads going merit?

Back