Archived how to give someone supervisor numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was the closing GSA tonight and the closing LOD attempted to temporarily give me supervisor numbers so I could actually close things, but when she tried to change my status, it only gave her the options of "no access", "cashier only", and "guest service". How do you actually do it? She seemed pretty surprised that it didn't let her change my status.

I was the closing GSA tonight and the closing LOD attempted to temporarily give me supervisor numbers so I could actually close things, but when she tried to change my status, it only gave her the options of "no access", "cashier only", and "guest service". How do you actually do it? She seemed pretty surprised that it didn't let her change my status.
I think you have to be keyed a certain way by HR before you can get supervisor access.

Yep, until your status is updated in hr to reflect your new position, there's no way to do it. And it could take a few days after the change in order for it to work.

Certain job codes can get it, some cant. For front end, only GSA & Photo Lab Asst can have it. However, as Electronics TM I was able to receive it as well.

What everyone above said. Supervisor status is only available to select EHR job codes. Based off the info I've gotten from various HRTM's, it takes around 48 hours to update after your HR keys your updated job code.

Note-- they'll also probably wait until the last possible minute to change you, to put off a raise as long as possible.

We have just done the LOD or TLOD's speed Id in the past.

Thanks for the info! I'm not in line to be a GSA or anything, they just needed someone to cover and every single one of our GSTLs and GSAs took off this weekend (TM got married Saturday). I don't mind because I used to de facto GSA for a former sr GSTL so I'm trained for it, and it was kind of nice to get off a lane for a bit. We ended up just using a speed ID for the night, but it kept asking me for her PIN. I'd have to hit back, then hit K5 again, then scan it again, and I had to do that 4-5 times sometimes before it would go through. Weird.

It didn't ask for a PIN every time though, just most of the time. I've done this once before and that time, it only started asking for a PIN about halfway through closing the registers and I could usually "clear" it by hitting back just once and then trying again.

I would love to just have supervisor numbers though. I'm already more knowledgeable than nearly all of our GSAs and our GSTL.

A good way to lose supervisor access is to be a GSTL and call out your number and PIN over the walkie so the person covering for GSA can shut down the lanes. I think I saw him one more time after that before he was fired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back