Archived How to turn off spider wrap alarm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time our spiderwrap alarm goes off no one knows how to shut it up. The only way I can think of is put it inside the compacter. I'm assuming their reusable after words?

I'll ask my ETL-AP or the TPS if either are in today when I head in and see if I can get an answer for you. I am sure it can be done, how, obviously neither of us know.

I'm not sure if this is how you shut it off but I know that there is something similar to a reset button on the bottom. It's in the middle and you have to use a paper clip to push it. I've only seen our AP guys use it to test the spiderwrap so I have no idea if it actually shuts it off as well.

Actually, they cannot be shut off. According to two past AP guys at my store, they simply keep alarming until the battery dies. The button someone else mentioned is actually a Test button that makes the alarm go off for as long as it is pressed.

Normally I'd advise against throwing a spiderwrap in the compactor because they are like 200 dollars a piece, but obviously if one of the cables is cut, it's not fixable so there's no other way to deal with it!

Or you could do what I saw one backroom stocker do and drive over it with the Wave.

I have a somewhat related question. Is there any way to fix a spiderwrap that has been closed all the way until it is like a hockey puck? I have no idea what to do then.

I have a somewhat related question. Is there any way to fix a spiderwrap that has been closed all the way until it is like a hockey puck? I have no idea what to do then.

Smack your electronics team member/Zone 9 stocker upside the head. If it's one of the larger sized ones, it takes a LOT of funangling with a flat head screwdriver until you can get the locking dial turned to the unlocked position. I've been able to salvage a couple of them doing this, but there have been others where the AP guy and I have not been able to unlock it so we had to junk it.

I've never had to fix one of the mini-spider wraps, it could be easier or more difficult because those ones have a button in the middle that needs to be depressed.

I must be missing something.... Why cant you just use a magnet and pop it open? I KNOW I'm missing something......

I must be missing something.... Why cant you just use a magnet and pop it open? I KNOW I'm missing something......

This doesn't make the cable free to extend out of the main part of it, and with it wound all the way shut, there isn't enough slack to pull the pieces apart in the back. Sorry if this is vague but it's hard to describe.

Luckily this doesn't happen as much anymore because the new spiderwraps actually have little silver balls that prevent somebody locking them up all the way. Still, we have a box of lost cause spiderwraps that nobody knows what to do with. :blush:

this was found on all the gloves in automotive. any ideas on how to remove other than wire cutters?
View attachment 66

Yep just use wire cutters. It's put on by the manufacturer, not Target. Generally I'd leave it for the guest to remove after they have purchased them.

Okay, for Formina Sage, smack your AP guys upside the head, because they were all wrong/lying. The large (regular) spiderwraps that we use ALL have reset buttons on them, and I know this because I just today reviewed the instructions for disabling them. For the small spiderwraps, you need to unscrew it and remove the battery. Removal of the battery resets both large and small spiderwraps, but the small ones can only be disabled permanently (as per instructions).

The instructions do exist. Your AP (if they know what they are doing [and they don't]) should know how to get them for you.

Okay, for Formina Sage, smack your AP guys upside the head, because they were all wrong/lying. The large (regular) spiderwraps that we use ALL have reset buttons on them, and I know this because I just today reviewed the instructions for disabling them. For the small spiderwraps, you need to unscrew it and remove the battery. Removal of the battery resets both large and small spiderwraps, but the small ones can only be disabled permanently (as per instructions).

The instructions do exist. Your AP (if they know what they are doing [and they don't]) should know how to get them for you.

Sorry, I should have made a disclaimer that this direction came from my *ex*-AP guy, who moved to another store. My post came from my knowledge from when I worked in Electronics a long time ago. I'll have to test my current AP and see if he knows what he's talking about haha.

If not, put one around his neck & tighten 'til he gets it right.

Oh wow. that is a horrific use for the spiderwraps that I had not thought of before. "Okay, what attachments are available for the new ebooks?"
"..."
"...*click click* Well?"
"UH! I! I think! Uh!"
"*CLICK CLICK*"
"THE COVERS. SCREEN PROTECTORS. OH GOD HELP."
"*click* WHAT else, son?"
"T-the protection plans!"
"You are *click* forgetting *clicky click* some things"

...I'm just going to shuffle that-a-way now and pretend this isn't public. *whistles and shuffles nervously away*

Oh wow. that is a horrific use for the spiderwraps that I had not thought of before. "Okay, what attachments are available for the new ebooks?"
"..."
"...*click click* Well?"
"UH! I! I think! Uh!"
"*CLICK CLICK*"
"THE COVERS. SCREEN PROTECTORS. OH GOD HELP."
"*click* WHAT else, son?"
"T-the protection plans!"
"You are *click* forgetting *clicky click* some things"

...I'm just going to shuffle that-a-way now and pretend this isn't public. *whistles and shuffles nervously away*

Brilliant

I could think of other spiderwrap applications that can't be printed here...

You can't use the magnet because when they are wound down all the way, the piece that inserts into the base does not have enough slack to be removed.

The best way to unlock these it to grab a philips or flat head screwdrive. Prey the two halves apart a bit, then catch the edge of the indention on the ring and slide it over to unlock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back