Archived How to use PH hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not true. Vacation hours and personal holiday will maintain your average hours where it is.

Go to know, thank you for the correction. I have gotten conflicting answers to that question over the years but never really followed up like I should have.

Is it possible to use sick time for time off?

I’m planning for time off August 16-22 and I may have a bit more vacation time once that time comes. But as of now I have 27 hours of vacation I plan to use, and I’m okay with only using those 27 hours, but I was seeing if I can use my sick time (about 58 hours of sick time) to cover the rest of my average hours.

I’m in California btw. I just seen some people use sick time to cover when they get shorted hours, and was wondering if it can be used like vacation.

Last edited:
Is it possible to use sick time for time off?

I’m planning for time off August 16-22 and I may have a bit more vacation time once that time comes. But as of now I have 27 hours of vacation I plan to use, and I’m okay with only using those 27 hours, but I was seeing if I can use my sick time (about 58 hours of sick time) to cover the rest of my average hours.

I’m in California btw. I just seen some people use sick time to cover when they get shorted hours, and was wondering if it can be used like vacation.

Officially, you are only supposed to use it for the following reasons (see third column):

State-specific Sick Leave Programs - CA.PNG

Of course, there are stores who don't follow the policy and let you use it to bring your weekly hours amount up to your average hours.

Ask your own store HR Team if you can use it. It is the only way that you will know if you can. HR has to manually enter sick time into your time card so it is solely up to their discretion whether or not you can use it for reasons not listed in the policy.

PS - If you are in one of the excluded cities, let me know via PM. I can message you the one for that specific city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back