Archived How to use walkie talkies properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
even though my shitty store barely has any zebras or walkies, for the rare time I do get one, how do I actually use it to contact my LOD? Is there a specific channel and if so, how do I access it? I think it’s awkward saying my LODs name and no employee in the entire store answers.

I don’t have to press any special button after saying that? That seems so feasible

I don’t have to press any special button after saying that? That seems so feasible
I mean, you have to use the plus or minus buttons to change to channel 3. Just make sure you hold down the talk button for a second or so before you start talking so the beginning of what you say doesn't get cut off.

If you need your LOD, just call out "Hey LOD?" and they'll be like "Go for LOD" and then you say "can you go to channel four?" or channel three, whatever one lol they serve the same purpose.

does your store not have any zebras or are they all currently being used by the flex team?

I find it hard to believe a store can function with minimal zebras lol

does your store not have any zebras or are they all currently being used by the flex team?

I find it hard to believe a store can function with minimal zebras lol

when-they-run-out-of-zebras.jpg

Learn how to shift to the 4 channels which is pushing one button. Channel One is for general quick questions. Like LOD you have a phone call. Or LOD, beachlover going/returning from 15 or lunch. Channels 3 and 4 are for longer conversations. So, let's say I have someone on the phone who wants to know if we have an item in market. One channel 1 I say, market do you copy? When they say "market copies", I say go to 3. When we are both on 3, I ask them to check on the item for the caller. Channel 4 is like channel 3. Channel 2 goes to the backroom and is used to check inventory or pull an item for guest hold (when it's not Q4).

As far as having zebras, my store is always short. One Zebra in SL is in the fitting room and no one is SL has one. And we often don't have walkie's for SL team on the floor. Probably frustrates the GSTL who is calling for cashier backup and no one is SL responds because they don't have a walkie and don't hear the call. SL goes to the FR to use that walkie to announce their breaks/lunch.

It's one of things about Spot that frustrates good team members and sometimes allows those that aren't as committed to slack off as it's an easy excuse for not getting the job done. Just my two cents.

We have plenty of zebras but it's silly things. ETLs with two on their desk. Flow team using them to push truck that make us lack equipment.

Since our new etl ap has cracked down on equipment control we are doing a lot better.

I always LOL when I hear the service desk call for the LOD and they always respond with "go to 4."

Yea, right.

Or ya know if it is another AP TM calling another AP TM you might hear them say switch to 5 or 6 , only our walkie switch from 1 through 6 . First few weeks there I didn't know and asked someone to go to 6 , when they didn't reply I went oops to channel 4 we went

I always LOL when I hear the service desk call for the LOD and they always respond with "go to 4."

Yea, right.
My only complaint with calling LOD and switching channels is that I usually feel like I need to walk away from the service desk in order to talk to LOD without the problem guest listening in. Because if I've gotten to the point where I need to call LOD instead of GSTL, there's probably a major issue and a significant story to be related before an answer can be determined.

At my store it just goes
'Hey LOD'
'Go ahead'
'Can you go to 4?'
'Goin to 4'
---
'Hey I'm on 4'
Question.

Pretty simple.

My only complaint with calling LOD and switching channels is that I usually feel like I need to walk away from the service desk in order to talk to LOD without the problem guest listening in. Because if I've gotten to the point where I need to call LOD instead of GSTL, there's probably a major issue and a significant story to be related before an answer can be determined.

Certain positions it's really wise to wear a headset. Super helpful when you can hear the other tm but the guest can't

Certain positions it's really wise to wear a headset. Super helpful when you can hear the other tm but the guest can't
How do they connect to the walkie? I've seen an ETL wearing an ear piece and always wondered how it worked

One thing worth mentioning is to consider how loud you normally talk and how close you hold the walkie to your mouth.

I have a TL who is awesome at almost everything she does but she talks with her walkie about a millimeter from her mouth so you can barely understand a word she says.

Make sure to talk clearly and if you're reading a DPCI (item number) talk slowly as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back