How To Work Neatly

Hey All! I’m one of those “born messy” people. I’m part of the remodel team at our store and am fairly new to Target as well.
As we are setting up pogs, transferring and pushing product while guest are shopping we are told to “work neatly”. Sadly to say I’ve never known how to do that as my area always looks like a mish mash of fixtures, old labels, cardboard and product. I get the job done, but look like pigpen in the process. Can anyone give some pointers?

Get yourself baskets, plastic bins, whatever.
Label them to so you don't forget what is in them.

Get some desk file organizers and plastic files.
Start with five and label them for each day, then sort your paper work that way.

Get your desk organized then stick to it.
You might find that you don't need as many boxes or files after while and that's fine.
Just stick to the system.

Ah! Thank for that! But I should have mentioned that I’m on the floor not using a desk.
Any ideas about keeping my vehicles organized or used in the most efficient way?

I always grab an empty large Target bag from the checklanes to use as my garbage bag, hooked into my tiered cart (this lasts me all day). Top of my cart is for paperwork, labels, strips, extra fixtures. Middle and bottom of the cart is for product I am moving around or backstock. Any cardboard I have I place in a pile and walk back to the baler once it gets to the point it's getting too big to carry. If my cart is empty enough, I use the bottom to hold my cardboard. Always clean as you go, if you need to go to the fixture room to get something, bring back your extra fixtures at that time. This keeps your cart fairly empty for other uses.

I limit myself to two 3-tiered carts. Or one cart and one Uboat.

One holds my paperwork in the top tier, supplies/fixtures in the middle, and trash on the bottom.

The other cart is for excess product (middle tier,) product being moved (top tier,) and larger items, reshop, & defectives (bottom tier.)

I allow myself plenty of time to clean up before the end of my shift. I clean up reshop and defectives as needed. Some places like Toys tend to have more reshop.

--
Or you could simply shove all the crap into offstage areas of the store - like other team members do on a regular basis. (no, don't do that.)

We are limited to ONE two-tier per tm - no guest carriages and no flats unless we’re pushing it.

use the 2 tier to organize your ‘stuff’ - pogs/strips/supplies on top - fixtures in middle - collection of clearance/reshop on bottom.
I wait until I am 100% set to push so cardboard isn’t an issue. When pushing, deal with each piece of cardboard - collect in a larger box or on the bottom of the 2-tier. Waste of time and messy to collect in a pile and have to pick up when it gets to be too much.

periodically deal with fixtures/cardboard - like when you go to break - get rid of what you have collected so far.

When at all possible, work one 4 ft. Section at a time and clean as you go . The more clearance/damage/reshop that you collect without dealing with the messier your space will be. Try to limit what is OFF the shelves. I’ll often slide most merch over to section 2, set & fill section 1, then move on - slide merch to 3, set and fill 2 etc.

Hopefully your TL planned ahead and met with the DBO in advance to get clearance out of your way. Good Planning is also required if aisles a flipping - may need to schedule a tm to work in each aisle to ‘swap’ the merch. Proper sequencing can also cut down on disruption.

Back