Archived Hows your job satisfaction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HRZone

Former ETL HR
Q4 will be here soon how do you guys feel about...

Your workcenter

Your stores leadership (STL and ETLs if you are a TL)

Your job performance

Your overall satisfaction.

I feel good about our HR team, we are a hard to hire store so I have made it a goal of mine to increase the number of applicants we get. A big hit for us has been giving gift cards to people who recommend someone and their refferal makes it past 90. I also try to not just turn people down who apply, I try to call them and figure out how to adjust their availability because it sucks to not get an interview simply over availability.

I feel like my stores leadership is solid. My STL continues to be a wrecking machine doing his almost 70 hour weeks. He is really kind and makes everyone feel important. When no one wanted to term our cart attendant who watches inappropriate facebook videos in the cart well, he manned up and did it. We have 8 ETLs and are short one but I am fine with all of them. Anytime they stand around too much our STL gets his hands dirty and they look silly while the TMs and StL are busting their butt. They get along pretty well which is nice, one of our newer ETL sales floor works ridiculous hard. She is smart, hard working, doesnt clique with the other female etls and she isnt bad looking, just a late 20s girl who you can tell is going places.

My performance has been good, HR is pretty cut and dry but I want to do more. Big issue at my store is how messy off stage areas are. I used to just nod when people complained about leaks in lockers, smell, etc but I am going to start cleaning the break room because no one else cares to do it.

Overall I am happy. Its weird in a way that while Target sucks sometimes this community gets me through it. If the hours stay okay to good I imagine I will be here but like many of you guys I dont quite see myself retiring here.

Last edited:
Hardlines.
Leadership awesome!
Good, could be better with more hours & team.
Spot corp needs to cut out the payroll hours stuff. We need to be supported & encourage to have loyal guests. Drop the red cards goals.

Market.

Love my CTL but the team can use a little work. Food team roll out next week so we will see how that goes! Upper management can also use work many ETLs just sit in their office

Instocks
VERY insecure about workcenter with cut hours, not being able to own processes that we know belong to our team, lack of support, non-communication
My job performance has not changed. I've always had exceptional to outstanding reviews. They pay me to do what they want...I do it and do it well. My family depends upon me.
Overall satisfaction has diminished significantly over the past 3 years. Dismayed with how my store looks, how tms are trained and supported, how TL's are not allowed to support their teams, etc. etc. I used to love to go to "my store" and now I go to work.

Overnight

Very concerned about Q4. Flow team struggles A lot to come clean. Certain Backroom TM's needs Constant Supervision to complete assigned tasks. Leaders with the exception of one, seem more "buddy, buddy" with team members instead of supervisors. A lot of new faces from the head LOG all the way down to certain tm's are all new either in their roles upon entering Q4 or just never experienced such an ordeal. My job performance has always been outstanding. Overall I hope consistency and communication is improved.

Last edited:
My workcenter is Softlines. Needs more hours and more people.

Leadership is... sometimesy. Sometimes they're good, sometimes they're okay, sometimes it seems they dk what they're doing.

My job performance is fine. It'd be better with more time, though. I'm forced to half-ass things. I don't usually have time to whole-ass anything.

Hardlines

Leadership is inconsistent. Our STL is dead weight, while my fellow TL and ETL's do our best to make sure the ship stays afloat.

My job performance I feel is fine.

Overall satisfaction? Average.

During my time at Target, I've come to know it's all about sales and profit. We'll pay mouth service to noble ideals such as "work-life balance", "Fast, fun, and friendly", and "Vibe", but at the end of the day, it's all about beating what they forecast for your store and how many Red Cards did you push.

Your work center: Electronics, I love electronics but my problem is with my fellow TMs. One is literal dead weight also known as the guy who will say "I don't know what this cart is" when he's been here since opening. Told a TM that when he told a TL he was working on that cart earlier. The next does go backs. That's it. That's what she does. She stands around the boat most of the time. The last one is a precious cinnamon roll too good for this world but absolutely hates electronics with every fiber of his being (he wants to go back to Hardlines, ETL is like lol no) so he basically does the minimum amount of work and will happily volunteer himself to do CAFs elsewhere in the store.

Your stores leadership (STL and ETLs if you are a TL): They're..okay.
ETL-GE is new and doesn't really seem to know what's going on in electronics ever. I mean I can't blame him but when he's LOD it would be nice if he at least knew SOMETHING about what goes on there.
ETL-OP has been here for so so long. I love her she gives no shits anymore and offers me the most hours. She helps zone and is always on the floor since she used to be ETL-Salesfloor and she misses it.
ETL-AP was the absolute best ETL, but he promoted so we don't have him anymore. Dunno when the new girl is coming in.
ETL-HR is...okay. Not the most helpful, but she's also the head HR for our district so she is ALWAYS busy. She does her best and is an absolute sweetheart. It isn't always enough though.
ETL- Salesfloor needs to not. Usually chatting with someone, or barking orders. Doesn't help out on the floor, mostly. SOMETIMES she works CAFs or go backs. Sometimes. I don't actually know what she does otherwise. Like at all. I usually never see her. No one likes her.
ETL- LOG is alright. I think. He's never closed that I've seen. The times he's mid/opened he's been pretty responsive and he stands up to rude guests. Don't know much more about him.
STL is too cheerful. She's reminds me of a high school teacher trying to entertain her class with elementary school games. She does also scare the shit out of me because she's TOO CHEERFUL. Doesn't really help out too much. Zones a little sometimes. Literally always walks around with Starbucks. Embodiment of "shows up 15 minutes late with Starbucks"
Electronics TL- I love her. She takes the time to teach me anything I want to learn, and is super patient with me. She's getting really stressed out about the other TMs though since none of them seem to do anything so now when I ask her what a thing is that's been left behind (because the others never tell me anything) she just sighs and says she doesn't know. She needs a better team because the others just don't give a fuck anymore. She does her best.

As a whole: lET ME DO MY JOB IN MY DEPARTMENT GUYS IT'S NOT MY FAULT U DONT HAVE HOURS don't leave electronics looking like trash cos you need that home and decor CAF pushed

Your job performance: I feel like I've been doing really well. I've been learning all sorts of things and realising that taking initiative is a thing I can and should do. I'm not good at guest service or pushing red cards but I know that when it comes to basically everything else I excel.

Your overall satisfaction. I'd say I'm content. Things could certainly be better but at the same time things could also be much much worse. A lot of times everyone is just trying to make do with what we have. Sometimes they're just useless.

I am overall VERY satisfied. Our DTL is also great!! Overall doing great and moving up in the company and love all of my team members and leaders!!!

Instocks
VERY insecure about workcenter with cut hours, not being able to own processes that we know belong to our team, lack of support, non-communication
My job performance has not changed. I've always had exceptional to outstanding reviews. They pay me to do what they want...I do it and do it well. My family depends upon me.
Overall satisfaction has diminished significantly over the past 3 years. Dismayed with how my store looks, how tms are trained and supported, how TL's are not allowed to support their teams, etc. etc. I used to love to go to "my store" and now I go to work.
Ditto. If I weren't the only Instocks TM I'd say you were on my team because you exactly described my store.

how TL's are not allowed to support their teams.

I don't understand this point. How are TLs not able to support their teams? That is basically what I do all day long.

Build routines, support, and develop.

Sales floor team lead? She's great. She always helps us out and she doesn't just sit in her office and play with her phone

Sales floor team? Good but the guy who usually closes grocery and seasonal needs to work faster and stop holding us back

Also since I'm in electronics and POG A lot lately....

Electronics team is good. Even the girl I told you guys about who called out all the time and left early so we would have to zone for her is getting better because I think she got coached. We need more people trained to use the keys though.

POG team is okay. I actually like the work but there's this one woman who leaves her stuff everywhere when she clocks out and overstocks every time she has to push batches. The team lead for that department is a HUGE micromanaging bitch who does nothing but stand around and gossip. There's also this one signing girl who's technically part of us who's nice but always throws away our shippers and headers and backer paper just because she doesn't know where it goes

Last edited:
Deli.
Too few hours and too many tasks. One small party try order will throw production completely off for several days. We can't get all the cleaning tasks done. I'm regularly scheduled alone, sometimes for an entire 8-hour shift. I'm overwhelmed and rant a lot. I was over-working myself but I have scaled back to a sane pace. My TL has noticed that I'm not as cheerful as I used to be.

ETLs + STL seem overwhelmed. They always seem either really high-strung or like they have given up. My ETL has way too much on his plate, between the Market reinvention and dealing with the TL-Produce's constant drama. They rest seem terrified of the food areas, more or less ignoring us except when Steritech is in the building.

My quality of work is falling because 1) I'm discouraged, and 2) I can only do so much, especially now that I'm determined to work at a more sane pace.

I feel so done with Target most of the time. When hours are slightly up, there's a glimmer of light ("Maybe they'll see how productive we can be when we actually have hours!") but it might as well be a will-o' the-wisp. There are some pretty interesting job postings up on Indeed.com right now. I should finish my resume and apply.

Don't have one.

Some are great, and some not so much. Many are just apathetic.

I think I work very hard. I've missed one shift in nearly two years at Spot and am willing to work whenever and wherever but I'm still not well-received. I feel like all my efforts are in vain. I don't understand why though; my team(s) look to me as a solid worker and often for guidance as I have worked here for longer than many of them.

I feel unappreciated and unnoticed, and I think a lot of it is because I don't have a workcenter (which, after over a year, may finally be addressed!).

This month sucks, because my hours are always really light, and I always hate working at spot... But I know hours will get better.

Flexible Fulfillment

TL is supportive and generally lets me do my own thing, but he is starting to wear down from stress. We really need an ETL-LOG by the end of the month.

I feel I go above and beyond and my last review indicated the same. I have zero complaints about the pay and feel it is an appropriate amount for the job.

Pretty happy overall and looking forward to the fast paced challenges of Q4. I definitely feel lucky to be at a store that does not seem to have the same payroll challenges that others constantly post about.

Your workcenter: Market.

Your stores leadership (STL and ETLs if you are a TL)
Food TL: I love her. She trained me when I was hired and is my confidant in many things.
Sr. SFTL: Tbh practically my friend at this point. We text and he even tells me about his romantic life. He even told me he trusts me the other day. My man.
Sr.GSTL: Love her. Wish I saw her more.
Sr. BRTL: The process master, he's my goto guy for any Target question.
ETL-log: He's okay he's just weird.
ETL-GE: She is...okay she just needs to get her priorities straight.
ETL-SF: This mother fucker is the new hire who nobody wanted in the district so we got stuck with him. On the middle of a hurricane prep stampede in market while I was getting pallets of water our he gave me salesplanner and wanted me to work it today. I left those papers in the floor. fuck you.
ETL-HR: Works do not describe how useless you are.
STL: The big man. I like him he works and he is super serious but approachable.

Your job performance: I'm constantly being told I am one of the valuable TM's in the store and soon to be Leader.

Your overall satisfaction: Used to be good. Now I just want to quit.

Your workcenter: Flexible Fulliment

Your stores leadership: Depends on the day, but typically it sucks. ETLs provide no support, TLs that aren't directly above me somehow understand our struggles that the one directly above does not.

Your job performance: I won't lie, I've probably been slacking lately. I've been more and more anxious lately so sometimes when I'm in the back I'll take a little longer to just take five to pull out my stress ball and breathe.

Your overall satisfaction: I've made it know to a few other TMs I am definitely looking to leave because I've gone from happy to outright miserable here. Don't exactly want to work retail, but given that I don't have certifications yet in the jobs I am interested in, I'll probably be stuck there. Which means I'm better off with Spot for now. Ew

I don't understand this point. How are TLs not able to support their teams? That is basically what I do all day long.

Build routines, support, and develop.
What do you do that supports and develops your team? Maybe we just have different ideas of what supports and development are. Our teams get little to no training. At least half of our new tms don't even know how to use the walkie. Our TLs are working pulls, backstocking, and doing all of the things that tms do. There are some at our store who couldn't even tell you which employees are leads because there is no difference. Our leader makes our schedule and it is overridden by HR regardless of discussions our team has as to which days we need to use more hours to scan or not. Our leader tells us that our task list is our priority (following the backstock/stock guidelines, of course) yet when our lead isn't there our team is pulled to help flow, backroom, price change. Our TL has little to do with the team at all, never works with us. Perhaps this is unique to hardlines teams. I don't see it with other teams like plano, consumables, softlines. Development is at a zero. I'm pretty sure they know nobody wants to do our job and if they develop any of us there will be nobody to do it.

Front end
Leadership is meh. My direct TL is useless to me, the other TL is incredibly useful to me but I rarely get to work with them. STL scares the shit out of me and I'm ready for them to leave our store, they've been here too long and they're a tyrant.
I'm new to this workcenter. My training was shit so I'm trying to wing it and trying to learn things on my own. I miss my old workcenter, I was kinda left to my own devices and was left alone. Now I constantly have people up my ass and it's irritating. I'm on the bench so I'm just semi-patiently waiting for something to come up.
I would say I'm 50/50 towards my job right now. One day I love it, then for months I hate it. Maybe I just need a week vacation or something.

Pfresh soon to be the new market remake

ETLSF - Always looks spaced out, alternates between ignoring you and being friendly usually when he wants you to do something for him.
ETLLOG- New - seemed cool at first but turned out to be an asshole, at least he's a hard worker.
ETLGE - New - fresh out of uni with little retail experience hard worker very friendly starting to look like she's getting burnt out.
ETLAP - No idea, don't talk to him don't work with him he seems to know what he's doing when he's LoD
EHR - She was useless when it came to getting crosstrained so I'm biased against her, at least she doesn't stay in her office all day like other HRs
STL - I work 6 days a week and rarely see her, she's friendly and helps out when she can.

I work as fast as I can and never call out, we never seem to have enough time or people to do everything in Pfresh so there's no use in stressing out.
I'm satisfied because I'm not cart attendant anymore which means no more cleaning up shit or piss so I'm not depressed anymore, yay!

I'm hoping to be out before Thanksgiving.

As you wish.

55030469.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back