Archived HR ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do hula hoop contests, bubblegum contests, bowling, guess who, or raffles during huddle.
We sometimes get stuff in the breakroom, such as popsicles, hot cocoa, fruit, and PB&J.

Sometimes we randomly get pizza. We get catering during black friday weekend, TM appreciation week, and for reaching goals (AAR, redcards, safety).

We do hula hoop contests, bubblegum contests, bowling, guess who, or raffles during huddle.
We sometimes get stuff in the breakroom, such as popsicles, hot cocoa, fruit, and PB&J.

Sometimes we randomly get pizza. We get catering during black friday weekend, TM appreciation week, and for reaching goals (AAR, redcards, safety).

TM Appreciation week? Which week is that?

That's the week when we get the additional discount on Target brands, right? Or am I thinking of something else?

We had a sack race once. (Guests were just as amused as we were)

A month ago we had a dodge ball game at receiving. The last two standing got $10 each

We've alos had a decorate your own cupcake day

We also grill burgers and dogs on summer holidays

nothing, i say get rid of em. id rather work than play some stupid game infront of guests

scrooge lol

Heck, when on one side they tell you to look and act professional at all times while on the floor and then turn around putting you on the spot to act the fool for Spot in front of multiple witnesses? No thanks. I want to keep what little dignity I have left. :senile:

I like having a few contests and games.

To me it's like, yes they knoe they work us, but they also want to try to have the employees work together a little better.

You get to see someone do something a bit goofy and makes you laugh, but you get to see them in a different light.

Kinda like seeing someone out of their red and khaki.

Yes, but let's have fun off stage.

Not only do I not care to look ridiculous, but I bet the guest at the other end of the store is looking for someone to say CIHYFS? Where is everyone? In front of the store tripping on hula hoops.

Yes, but let's have fun off stage.

Not only do I not care to look ridiculous, but I bet the guest at the other end of the store is looking for someone to say CIHYFS? Where is everyone? In front of the store tripping on hula hoops.
Huddles too. I hate when I see employees at other stores in huddles.

It was a month or two ago. I think it might be something my store made-up, but each day they raffle electronics. They also have catering a couple of days during that week, have contests, and other things like that.

Meh. We seem to only have huddles during days and times where there's not much traffic in the store. Honestly, the times where guests are more likely to be looking for a tm are when we're all up for backup. Or sometimes when HL is all up for backup and I'm asking a question over the walkie for a guest. Or if all of SL is up and someone wants us to meet a guest by cribs or something.

Anyway, on topic we have float day sometimes. Usually it ends up being us having a soda during one break, then ice cream during another because actual floats aren't too popular. During the holidays they hide one of those Elf on a Shelf dolls and the person who finds it gets free lunch or something. It's never in softlines though, so I hate that game. We have attendance raffles too. Everyone's name goes up on the board, if you're late or call out during the month of the contest, your name comes down. At the end, the names left go into a raffle for something. They did a vibe card raffle. Person who writes it and the person they wrote about get a prize. We have pizza sometimes, seems to only happen on days where a lot of us are scheduled. Chips and salsa/dip day. I just like all the food related days. I always forget to bring lunch so it's a lifesaver. We had hot dogs today. Had a bbq to celebrate no one getting hurt in x days.

We've had Float Day, Nacho Friday, Chip and Dip Day, Fresh Fruit Day, Little Debbie Day, Cereal Day

Lots of food events.

Each month we pull a Vibe card from each catagory. Every other is person who wrote the card/ person who received the card and the Amazing Vibe card is both.

Amazing gets to choose a day for the Fun Calander.
The other cards get either Starbucks or Food Ave.

We do BBQs for holidays like the 4th of July and they get catering for the major holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back