Archived HRTM position?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LUR99

GSTL
Our HRTM turned in her two week notice and STL asked me to apply for it because he would like me to take over the HRTM position. I have never done any office related job but I don't turn down any chances to learn new positions.
If you are an HRTM, do you like the position? Any pro's and con's?

Our HRTM turned in her two week notice and STL asked me to apply for it because he would like me to take over the HRTM position. I have never done any office related job but I don't turn down any chances to learn new positions.
If you are an HRTM, do you like the position? Any pro's and con's?
Don't worry, they will most likely show you the ropes. From what I can tell, you just handle scheduling issues (helping find people to cover call outs) and other HR related activities, such as calling applicants and asking them to come in for interview or conducting orientation. Most of the time you won't be on the sales floor and you get your own desk.
It's one of the few, non-retail hourly positions in the building.
TAKE THE POSITION.

Thanks for the feedback! I submitted my application a few minutes ago and I am set up for an interview tomorrow :D.My STL told me that the interview is just a formality. The more I think about it, the more exited I get. No more dealing with the front end madness and Redcards!! No more Red card pressure!! That has to be the best part right?? :D:D.

Thanks for the feedback! I submitted my application a few minutes ago and I am set up for an interview tomorrow :D.My STL told me that the interview is just a formality. The more I think about it, the more exited I get. No more dealing with the front end madness and Redcards!! No more Red card pressure!! That has to be the best part right?? :D:D.

Congrats! I would've killed for HRTM. Same pay as GSA but 1,000x less headache. Definitely one of the best positions in the store, although it could stand to pay more.

You will most likely have an office and your own desk and never have to speak to another guest ever again. ASANTS however. The HRTM at my store filled in as GSA every once and a while as she used to be in that position.

Talk to the hrtm before they leave. My stores hr tms are all unhappy, and one left recently, but I think the issues they have may be store-specific. Either way, I'd take it. If you ever wanna get out of retail, I think hr might be one of the positions that would make that kinda transition easier

Last edited by a moderator:
We have one HRTM at my A volume. She works 7-3:30 M-F, sometimes earlier but no weekends. Occasionally she will work POG or the sales floor for a special event like Black Friday but that is rare. Sounds like a great gig to me!

I just talked to our HRTM. She is leaving because she is moving out of state. She told me that she loves the position for the most part. She told me that HRTM can make their own schedule and they can have weekends off if they want to. She chose to do rotating weekends and works every other weekend in her old position (softlines) because after the holidays HR hours get cut down to about 25 and she can pick up 10-15 hours in softlines to stay full time. After my interview I will talk to my GSTL and find out if that is something he would be ok with.
I will update tonight :D.

Good luck!

My store has 2 HR TMs. They alternate working Saturday mornings, but I don't know if that's required or not. However, you will have your evenings off! !

And you will get to plan all the fun stuff for TMs. Hopefully the outgoing HR has good notes to leave you, so you will know what worked and how much to order on those rare food days.

Our HRTM is the operator in the mornings before the operator comes in at 12, and also does some cash office shifts.

I had my interview and officially got the HRTM position :D:D. I also talked to my GSTL and he was actually relieved that I still want to work at the frond end on rotating weekends and I will still be doing cash office. Tomorrow my STL will work out a training plan for me. I get one week of training for the position. I am really exited to start.

Easy???? Ha ha ha ha. Every single position at Target has its drawbacks and depending how much your store relies on your HRTM it can be hell.

Congrats! I would've killed for HRTM. Same pay as GSA but 1,000x less headache. Definitely one of the best positions in the store, although it could stand to pay more.

You will most likely have an office and your own desk and never have to speak to another guest ever again. ASANTS however. The HRTM at my store filled in as GSA every once and a while as she used to be in that position.

I think GSA's are way underpaid. 50 cents more as cashiers and they do almost as much as the GSTL's. The only difference between GSA and GSTL in my store is that the GSTL orders supplies for the front end and does interviews.

Wow, that was a quick process! Congrats!

My store has 3 hr tms lol, which sounds not normal based on the few comments here that give me the idea that some of y'all only have 1. I think that probably contributes to how unhappy mine are. Their hours were cut severely in the last couple years. They were all ft when I started in 2012. If we only had 1, that person could be ft

Wow, that was a quick process! Congrats!

My store has 3 hr tms lol, which sounds not normal based on the few comments here that give me the idea that some of y'all only have 1. I think that probably contributes to how unhappy mine are. Their hours were cut severely in the last couple years. They were all ft when I started in 2012. If we only had 1, that person could be ft
My store has 1 HRTM. I went to a low volume store for training and they had 2. Dunno what they do all day if our 1 HRTM is able to usually get through her workload in the early afternoon and help on the floor or in the front lanes.

Haha, I wonder what factors determine the workloads.

My store had 4 until last month, but they have so few hours. Sometimes the hr ladies who work other depts have to do hr stuff when they're supposed to be in a dif dept. Last week an hr tm was working in softlines and the lod made her do hr stuff on her 15.

We have 1 HRTM. She gets about 30 hours per week, but typically works closer to 40. She does basically everything involving scheduling. She reviews applications, prescreens applicants, and sets up interviews (I also have had her do firsts for Starbucks). She conducts orientations. She is does fun events, and keeps the breakroom stocked and clean. She is in charge of community giving and volunteer events.

We have 2 HRTM's, one's full time one's part time. The part time was just hired this week, but she's the replacement for a team member who quit to take care of her kids more (I think).
The full time is rarely there past 3, and never past 5. I've also seen her on the floor all of one time when not leading orientation tours, and that was when she was getting mail from the service desk.

Our HRTM loves her job. She works 6am-230pm M-F and 90% of the time sits at her desk and does all the behind the scenes work. Stocks the TSC office with papers and breakroom and stuff. She even got the GSA to do the orientations for her haha

Thank you! Our current HRTM is amazing. I adore her, she does a lot and is always so upbeat and friendly. I hope I can be as awesome as her.
We have one hr tm and to be honest I don't know what we would do without her . NO hr/etl can compare to her. She is amazing . Good luck with the position !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back