Archived HRTM position?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd go nuts if I had to stay in a windowless room 8 hours a day.

We have 1 HRTM. She gets about 30 hours per week, but typically works closer to 40. She does basically everything involving scheduling. She reviews applications, prescreens applicants, and sets up interviews (I also have had her do firsts for Starbucks). She conducts orientations. She is does fun events, and keeps the breakroom stocked and clean. She is in charge of community giving and volunteer events.

I was told I will be doing all these things as well and creating learning plans, stay on top of payroll. Sounds like a lot to learn but it will look good on my resume if I ever decide to leave target.
My STL announced yesterday that I will be the new HRTM. A couple of team members were mad that they were not considered but they will just have to get over it,lol.

Take the position! I really hope you get it. It's one of those positions that you can apply you education towards AND you can develop in the position. I'm so excited for you, my friend!

EDIT: CONGRATS MAN/MAM!

Take the position! I really hope you get it. It's one of those positions that you can apply you education towards AND you can develop in the position. I'm so excited for you, my friend!

EDIT: CONGRATS MAN/MAM!
Thank you! I got the position.

We have one and they are always extremely busy. They're pretty amazing, though. Enjoy your new position

Easy???? Ha ha ha ha. Every single position at Target has its drawbacks and depending how much your store relies on your HRTM it can be hell.

Depends on your store but its a pretty sweet gig. Lots to juggle and when you mess up people will blame you. You hear the juicy stuff like who is getting termed and CA. The store I trained at, their HRTM did interviews, cash office a lot of stuff. The store I am at we make the calendar, get the mail and do STS. Our ETL HR is letting us do a lot more recently though its great.

I'd go nuts if I had to stay in a windowless room 8 hours a day.
Depends on the store. The store I trained at the hr office was an open area adjacent to the breakroom. Ours is next to a window so its really to each their own.

Other than the entrance, my store has zero windows.

We also have windows only at the entrance. Our HR is upstairs in a small office by the lockers. Phones going off all day.

I have my own office, no windows. None of the offices have windows. I am allowed to personalize my office and purchase things I want off SAP. I really like the HR Position so far. A couple of days ago we got a new HR ETL. She is amazing. She is somewhat new to target so we are kind of learning things together.

Learn everything you can; the best HRTMs become their ETL's right-hand person.
Our ETL-HR sometimes defers to our HRTM because she's up on EVERYTHING.

The only offices with windows are the STL's and two others that overlook the inside of the store.

Nothing to the outside.

Well said, the store I trained at the HRTM (20plus year vet) does interviews, orientations and other things I believe typically only ETL's do.

I learned a great HR team does wonders for morale.

I second this. If you have been around for a while, the new ETLs look to you for guidance, whether new to Target or to the Store. The TMs do recognize this. However, the flip side is they also tell you before the STL when they are leaving for another job so you must balance that 'line'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back