Archived Hurricane Irma

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha,hopefully we still have a state left on monday,a lot of our neighbors are boarding up,we are not,we didn't board up for andrew either and none of our windows got broken,it was a pity our roof blew off though.

I have a coworker who grew up down there and he insists that Floridians see hurricanes like we in Alaska see 30" of snow in one day.
Annoying but nothing you can't deal with, and a great way to get out of work.
In fact he insists that the best way to ride out most storms is drunk off your ass.
I am a trifle suspicious of this but he showed me texts from his friends from down there who live in the primary danger zones.
They are stocking up on booze and making sure the generator has enough gas so they can play Call of Duty all weekend.
I have to admit to being impressed.
-45 weather doesn't phase me.
Screw hurricanes.
Same here, screw hurricanes. And tornadoes.
I would rather deal with a once in a lifetime earthquake than worry about hurricanes and tornadoes that have the possibility of hitting multiple times in a single year.
I do have to admit though: the wildfires are absolutely no fun this year.

another life hack ..
21314842_1494815837278925_3345031407961614394_n.jpg

My store is closed early tomorrow, and closed Sunday. They said they're probably going to be open Monday... I mean it's what they did with Matthew. They opened our store at 2pm.

Have extended family in FL & evacuation isn't an option for them.
Heard roads were packed from everyone trying to leave at once (Houston waves "Hi").

Guys one behind it other on the side. Will work a lot better than how ya'll doing that.

Yeah they figured it out near the end.

I have a question. I have seen pictures of people loading up SUV with cases upon cases of water. Can the guest really buy as many as they want? Is there a limit? I would feel horrible if people are hoarding the water. It honestly looked like way wore than they would need. I have been listening on the Zello app and people are being told to fill their bathtubs with water to boil because the store shelves are empty. They were expecting shipments today but not guaranteed.
Thats smart however how do you boil water when the power is out? Also, dont fill your washer with ice or use the dishwasher to store valuables (unless they are dishes)

Some good advice

21369447_10211413712031152_3793908655986565782_n.jpg

Empty your dishwasher and put anything you want to keep in it. Dishwasher is waterproof and secured to cabinets most likely to survive a storm.

BAD!
The dishwasher is tied to your drains and if they back up where to you think they will go? The dishwasher. All that will be damaged.

Put them in a microwave that is unplugged or an oven.

Best suggestion is large ziplock bag twice and then in a plastic tub

I still have cans of Budweiser water from that earthquake.. Agreed with the refunds, tell them to water the lawn or donate it.

And Redzee you may have some stuff, but when you hear it's going to be a cat 5, you stack it high cause you know its going to be really bad. One reason any pick up I have owned is always one with dual fuel tanks. You can fill 30-50 gallons at a time. You can drive that or siphon it off to you car. Long beds aren't cool but they come in handy sometimes.
I wanted some of the budweiser water but didnt want to go drive to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back