Archived Hurricane Irma

Status
Not open for further replies.
about 6 hours ago in Tampa .. nightmare

DJRKfKsW0AAvLW-.jpg
That's Houston evacuating ahead of Rita in 2005, and it's an excellent example of why they didn't issue evacuation orders ahead of Harvey.

Also, I don't think any interstate in Florida is doing contraflow (but they should have).

Umm the cavemen discovered this element a long time ago called fire,

:p

Seriously, you can also use bleach to purify water. 2 drops per quart, let it sit half an hour. I always made sure I had bleach on hand when I lived in hurricane prone areas. And at least where I lived the natural gas lines tended to stay intact after a hurricane, so you can always make friends with people who have gas stoves.

I have one of these Amazon.com : LifeStraw Mission Water Purification System, High-Volume Gravity-Fed Purifier for Camping and Emergency Preparedness, 12 Liter : Sports & Outdoors in my bug-out kit.
Living in Alaska and having gone through the 64 quake, it is kind of an expected to have a kit.
My kids and I have contact points agreed on even now when they are grown ups.
I've got a couple months worth of food, emergency gear, first aid equipment, weapons, etc.
This town comes down around my ears again, I'm going to be ready.

That's Houston evacuating ahead of Rita in 2005, and it's an excellent example of why they didn't issue evacuation orders ahead of Harvey.

Also, I don't think any interstate in Florida is doing contraflow (but they should have).
The governor didn't want to do contraflow so they could bring in more gas trucks. But Savannah and Charleston did contraflow.

I have one of these Amazon.com : LifeStraw Mission Water Purification System, High-Volume Gravity-Fed Purifier for Camping and Emergency Preparedness, 12 Liter : Sports & Outdoors in my bug-out kit.
Living in Alaska and having gone through the 64 quake, it is kind of an expected to have a kit.
I've got a couple months worth of food, emergency gear, first aid equipment, weapons, etc.
You would have been a kid--must have been terrifying. A holdover of my time in Cali is that I have old sturdy shoes in my car (among other things). When I tell people that they are my earthquake shoes, they usually roll their eyes.

You would have been a kid--must have been terrifying. A holdover of my time in Cali is that I have old sturdy shoes in my car (among other things). When I tell people that they are my earthquake shoes, they usually roll their eyes.

I was young enough that it was mostly just exciting, though watching my parents I kind of got the impression it was a big deal later.
Sturdy shoes are a really good idea, very smart.

I hadn't been following the news that closely, I'm not much into apocalyptic news. I do remember though from three or so days ago that the expected track was nearly due north up the east coast of Florida. Apparently a good chunk of Miami chose to evacuate to a nearby place that was expected to be a lot safer....Tampa. So not only is Tampa struggling to keep its citizens safe, it also has to account for a lot of Miami's population needing emergency shelter and services as well. And that also means there's a lot more people at risk if something goes horribly wrong.

If they advertise their address, they'll probably sell it all. After Isabel a lot of people in Virginia drove halfway through North Carolina to find stores that a) were open, b) had power, and c) hadn't been raided yet for water and perishables.

We could have sold that,anyway we have rain for about 16 hrs already and the wind is howling,but by some miracle we still have power,long night ahead.

I have a question. I have seen pictures of people loading up SUV with cases upon cases of water. Can the guest really buy as many as they want? Is there a limit? I would feel horrible if people are hoarding the water. It honestly looked like way wore than they would need. I have been listening on the Zello app and people are being told to fill their bathtubs with water to boil because the store shelves are empty. They were expecting shipments today but not guaranteed.

At first we limited it, but on the last day we were swimming in pallets of water. If you wanted a pallet you could buy the pallet.

Yep, got a smaller version in the house. Hiking boots in both cars with heavy gloves and don't forget pry bars. Your house door may not actually open. Yeah my apartment in Northridge was that twisted.

Yep, got a smaller version in the house. Hiking boots in both cars with heavy gloves and don't forget pry bars. Your house door may not actually open. Yeah my apartment in Northridge was that twisted.

Didn't even think about a prybar.
/Me makes plans for his next visit to the hardware store.

Didn't even think about a prybar.
/Me makes plans for his next visit to the hardware store.

also doubles as a close combat weapon. 3rd use. Cars in the parking lot actually bashed support columns when the quake happened so we used it to bend out fenders so they could be driven. Front fenders are usually trash when you bend them on modern cars, rear quarters be much more delicate with but fronts? Bend it so the wheel will clear.

Do ETLs , STL, DTL and all target employees who are salary still get paid while the store is closed from the natural disaster period?

I use to live in a small town in FL before moving out of state and my family still lives there its a town where everyone knows everyone and helps everyone and there's a lot of elderly people that live there my sister just talked to me and told me that the red cross is refusing to go there and give them water and hot meals there excuse is they are stretched to thin ... You see all of the fund raising on t.v. so where the hell is all the money going? The town still hasn't gotten reimbursed from the last hurricane so they have no money left for clean up so all the kids are going around and picking up limbs and all the trash in the town. Where is FEMA

Do ETLs , STL, DTL and all target employees who are salary still get paid while the store is closed from the natural disaster period?

I would imagine. As far as team members I've heard that we will get our pay for the scheduled days we were suppose to be there but couldn't since the store was closed.

Irma, you knocked down my fence and tore a corner off my shed's roof, touche. I am glad you didn't get to show me your true might, but my thoughts and support are upon on those that did.
Barbuda is uninhabited for the first time in 300 yrs. That's the might of Irma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back