Archived I’m on day 76 of my 90 day probation period, if they were going to let me go, wouldn’t they have

Status
Not open for further replies.
already done so?

14 days left, I’m very nervous and hope I’ll make it, I NEED THIS JOB!

Also my TL confirmed that I have never hit lunch compliance, but apparently two people did and apparently weren’t fired for it....

Also, somebody said seasonal workers actually have 125 or 195 or something like that probation period days, that’s not true is it? My TL said it’s 90, but he may be unaware that I’m seasonal.

If you're seasonal then yes, you have an extended probationary period. @HRZone would know better than I would in that regard.
Also, seeing as we're only a couple of weeks before Christmas, and the two busiest shopping weekends of the year are coming up it would be foolish for the store to release you before the deadline.

Also, somebody said seasonal workers actually have 125 or 195 or something like that probation period days, that’s not true is it? My TL said it’s 90, but he may be unaware that I’m seasonal.

I think I remember my ETL-HR saying something like seasonal can be kept for up to 120 days as well, but that usually January is the end either way. Probationary period is still 90, I think seasonal status lasting the 120 or whatever just gives them the flexibility to hire a little early/keep people a little late without dinging their retention scores or whatever.

But I could be wrong - I'm just a lowly seasonal flow who's hoping to stay on myself. So far it seems good - I get asked to come in on days off so if I were in the way or totally sucked I'd hope they wouldn't bother. My main worry is that they just won't have enough available positions to go around once the season is over.

My main worry is that they just won't have enough available positions to go around once the season is over.
That's the bad part. I hate when there just isn't a spot for the good ones. Flow is typically an area we need the help though. Good Luck!

Just got a seasonal reduction guide and with the exception of just in time team members you technically aren't supposed to start letting seasonals go until January.

So because you're seasonal don't worry about the 90 days. Conversations with team members begin in January but if you ask your TL or ETL they will generally let you know if you're doing well or give you the run around about "We haven't decided yet"

As a former HR manager, sometimes we let people use the entire 90 days to prove themselves either way, or took a week to get everyone on the same page.

I squally let people go as soon as I knew, but one kid got let go on day 90 for being a moron. (Lied about things I have on camera. I wouldn't have let him go for what was on the camera, but nothing irks me like a 16 year old that isn't properly respectful of authority.)

already done so?

Also my TL confirmed that I have never hit lunch compliance, but apparently two people did and apparently weren’t fired for it....
Brah, actively show interest in staying beyond your seasonal contract. Show interest in learning. If you are a reliable, responsible worker. You’ll make it.

If you are seasonal, your store will probably notify you of your retainment or last day of your final week or day. There are no guarantees of being retained.

When I was hired as seasonal I had to sign a piece of paper acknowledging that this was temporary. It had my employment end date on it as well. Is thatnot that case for all seasonals?

When I was hired as seasonal I had to sign a piece of paper acknowledging that this was temporary. It had my employment end date on it as well. Is thatnot that case for all seasonals?

I didn’t get that piece of paper. I just had a “Conditional Job Offer Form - Stores” with the position offered and such. Does that make me not a seasonal?

I didn’t get that piece of paper. I just had a “Conditional Job Offer Form - Stores” with the position offered and such. Does that make me not a seasonal?

If you didn't sign a seasonal addendum you are probably not seasonal.

Wait? So the entire temporary period is a probation period?

Yes. Until they tell you that you have been hired you are temporary.

already done so?

Nope sometimes they wait

Ship from store team member. It's a 7 week period rather than up to 165 days.

Wait a minute? SFS Team Members (strictly) are temporary? Let me know as I have had a few good ones, inquire about other work areas of the store, beyond SFS.

Just in Time SFS tms are 7 weeks. If you hired a regular SFS tm, that would be different. Start talking them up to leadership if you want them to stay.

I'm a just in time for SFS and I did have an end date on my paperwork, but the HR rep said it could be earlier or later. One guy in our department who had a few no call/no shows and is just a slow worker is done after this weekend.

I was told a week ago that I'm staying, not sure where. My TL is said tonight that i could stay in SFS because I can do it all without needing a babysitter. But I will be happy and grateful wherever they put me, I love my store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back