Archived I asked one of my cashiers what they thought of my style compared to the other GSTLs and this is what I got..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullseyerc

GSTL
“You’re very hands on and more micromanaging You believe in accountability, performance management. Like I said you also tend to micromanage but I respect you because you know your job and how to perform your job very well.

My other peer GSTLs I know aren’t as hands on and walk by a lot of the silly stuff the team does while I don’t. They also suck at speedweaving but I still like them lol.

They were like: “I hope you don’t get mad at me for saying this!” And I just smiled and said that she was totally fine and I appreciate the transparency.

What would you get from this lol.

Hmm.. what silly stuff are you noticing?

I am not a fan of people who micro manage, but some people need to be handled that way. Plus this is the perception of one person.

Do you respect this cashier? aka Does their opinion mean something to you?

Sounds like you are a great, outstanding and excellent GSTL.

I asked various TMs from various workcenters for honest feedback and one of them said ‘you can be almost manipulative; the way you can guilt people out of calling off, or get people to come in or stay late or get an insane amount done’. I’ll take it 😂 I spend a decent amount on Starbucks and grubhub for the team 😝 so they’re either bribed, or they know they’re appreciated.

Hmm.. what silly stuff are you noticing?

I am not a fan of people who micro manage, but some people need to be handled that way. Plus this is the perception of one person.

Do you respect this cashier? aka Does their opinion mean something to you?
Loafing, eating toss food, not asking for id when ringing up alcohol, doing something completely different than what you were asked to do, dumping carts of reshop for my front end team and trying to walk off.

Cashier is one of my most trust worthy. She covers my breaks and lunches at times and I have trained her in all aspects of the front end.

I have respect for all of my team when everyone is respectful towards each other.

Loafing, eating toss food, not asking for id when ringing up alcohol, doing something completely different than what you were asked to do, dumping carts of reshop for my front end team and trying to walk off.

Cashier is one of my most trust worthy. She covers my breaks and lunches at times and I have trained her in all aspects of the front end.

I have respect for all of my team when everyone is respectful towards each other.
Sounds like you are a great, outstanding and excellent GSTL.

Honestly I'm more on the lenient side, but eating Toss food is one thing I won't let slide. You can be termed for that kind of thing.

Oh absolutely, but that's something I can influence. I can coach you, give you a corrective action, etc and anyone not as dumb as a rock gets the message eventually and straightens up.

Eating toss food can have you walking out the door with AP before you realize what's going on.

Oh absolutely, but that's something I can influence. I can coach you, give you a corrective action, etc and anyone not as dumb as a rock gets the message eventually and straightens up.

Eating toss food can have you walking out the door with AP before you realize what's going on.
To be fair, eating toss food is an HR issue. They would simply be termed and if something riled up AP would get involved otherwise there would be no involvement.

I never allow it, unless rarely approved.

Meanwhile everyone at my store while processing a food return since they always come up toss: “I can’t wait to eat this”
Depends on your ETL AP. Ours doesnt care if we consume defected or toss food. We had one a few years ago that fired a GSTL for taking TOSS for lunch lol. Comical...my question...why throw it away if someone wants it!? Lol

Meanwhile everyone at my store while processing a food return since they always come up toss: “I can’t wait to eat this”

At my store, any time we have Toss food that’s a big box of chips or candy, we put it in the break room for the team. Our ETL AP doesn’t mind as long as we don’t purposely defect food to Toss just so we can eat it.

Depends on your ETL AP. Ours doesnt care if we consume defected or toss food. We had one a few years ago that fired a GSTL for taking TOSS for lunch lol. Comical...my question...why throw it away if someone wants it!? Lol
I've always wondered how many food items get "accidentally" damaged and then defected out so someone can have a freebie snack or lunch. It happens often enough that a bag of candy really is spilling all over the inside of a case when it's opened. When it's individually wrapped items (like Hershey Kisses), I always think, "Dang, wish these would end up in the break room." Even though I know they won't.

Honestly I'm more on the lenient side, but eating Toss food is one thing I won't let slide. You can be termed for that kind of thing.

idk why people want to eat food out of the LITERAL GARBAGE, but w/e

i've seen some nasty shit go in our toss bin so no thanks lol

You put it aside after you put on the toss sticker and before it goes in the garbage. Typically only done with candy and sweet things at my store but even then, very rarely.
A lot of bagged candy goes auto salvage even if it’s not opened. Kills me every time lol

As long as you have a reason for everything, and can state "this way is more efficient/better because...", then micromanage away. Sounds like the rest of your leadership team are slackers letting the team get away with alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back