Archived I break shoes while working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those wolverine boots look tempting as a TPS. Idk seems like they would stick out never worn work boots. How comfortable are they? I overpronate

Those wolverine boots look tempting as a TPS. Idk seems like they would stick out never worn work boots. How comfortable are they? I overpronate

As Mr. Gepetto said, you'd be best off getting an insert. They aren't bad at all, they're durable as long as you don't run over your ankle with a jack. I'd definitely change out the laces on certain styles, but they are reasonably priced imo ($79-$180)

Gotta go with the classic Doc Marten's wore one pair through most of the eighties into the nineties.
Damn I loved those things.

img-thing

i sweat stan smith adidas or nike huraches and they do me wonders. i work electronics tho.

I buy a pair once or twice a year specifically for Target. $20-30 range gym style stuff

I buy ~$80 shoes, that I bet are far comfier, and last 1-2 years. Not really any more expensive if a pair lasts me two years and a paid lasts you 6-12 months, but much more comfortable I'd imagine.

Shoes are the only clothing item I just don't think skimping on makes much sense.

I buy ~$80 shoes, that I bet are far comfier, and last 1-2 years. Not really any more expensive if a pair lasts me two years and a paid lasts you 6-12 months, but much more comfortable I'd imagine.

Shoes are the only clothing item I just don't think skimping on makes much sense.

You're probably right, I just hate spending money on Target attire. What shoes do you buy? The shoes I currently wear are those cheapo unboxed $20 gym/running shoes from Walmart and are relatively comfortable. But after about a year, gotta get new ones, holes galore.

Also, my khakis and red shirts are 10-12 bucks each. They get stained, but I don't bother replacing those often; the backroom is filthy.

Well you're a gsa so thst explains it. In the backroom there is no way one pair of shoes is gonna last 2 years lol

Well you're a gsa so thst explains it. In the backroom there is no way one pair of shoes is gonna last 2 years lol

That's my technical workcenter, but I tend to work everywhere. Instocks, Cashier, GSA, Flexible Fulfillment make up most of my recent shifts. Walk on average 11-12 miles in a shift.

You're probably right, I just hate spending money on Target attire. What shoes do you buy? The shoes I currently wear are those cheapo unboxed $20 gym/running shoes from Walmart and are relatively comfortable. But after about a year, gotta get new ones, holes galore.

Also, my khakis and red shirts are 10-12 bucks each. They get stained, but I don't bother replacing those often; the backroom is filthy.

New Balance is what I personally find most comfortable but I think it depends a lot on foot shape. I have long narrow feet.

I think I might have to pick up a pair of wolverines. Only problem is that I have wide feet.

Bit of a grave-dig, but I just got my pair of Wolverines delivered! I got a pair of Wolverine Corsairs in a size 12 medium width. I was actually concerned about the size, since I usually wear a 12.5 wide as far as tennis shoes, but these actually feel a teeny bit big. They feel really good, and I can't wait to break them in and see how they hold up. They have a composite-toe, which isn't as strong as a steel-toe, but it's a lot lighter which is good for me since I don't really need a proper steel-toe boot anyways.

Bit of a grave-dig, but I just got my pair of Wolverines delivered! I got a pair of Wolverine Corsairs in a size 12 medium width. I was actually concerned about the size, since I usually wear a 12.5 wide as far as tennis shoes, but these actually feel a teeny bit big. They feel really good, and I can't wait to break them in and see how they hold up. They have a composite-toe, which isn't as strong as a steel-toe, but it's a lot lighter which is good for me since I don't really need a proper steel-toe boot anyways.

Nice! And they'll just get more and more comfortable once you wear them in! Prepare for them to last you a while! I hope you like them!

I have a pair of tennis shoes from Wolverine WITH a steel toe. First time with steel toe. It's come in handy a few times...but It really is heavier. Not by much, but it's enough to make my legs and heals sore after a long shift. Wish I had got composite toe shoes like before. First world problems, I know I'm stuck with this pair for a while because they last for so long. Haha.

Steel toes in retail = NO.
My pmt wears steel toes. If I was backroom steel more I would as well. I wear my composites on days I plan on using the wav all shift or moving boxes in the trailer over the gap (I rarely put the dock down).

Steel toes in retail = NO.

I think they're good for the backroom. Maybe I'm just a bit clumsy, but I constantly stub my toe and drop things on my foot so having the composite-toe in my Wolverines is gonna be really useful. Plus, since it's a 6" boot, my ankle is protected from stray flats/tubs/three-tiers ;)

For Cashier/Salesfloor though? Nah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back