Archived I did WHAT?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So last night I checked my schedule, to make sure I was starting at 9, not 8. I did a screenshot of the schedule as normal and went to bed. Well this morning I walk into the AP office at 8:55, and my boss says "What are doing here so early? I thought I had you in at 3?"
So we both check the schedule online...and it says 3 flipping p.m. to 11:30. How the hell I mistook 3 p.m. for 9 a.m. I don't know, but damn it! I lost precious sleep! :confused:
I was hours late the other day. Nobody really noticed I was missing at huddle either...

The soda stream thing is pretty funny. I'm sure you made a lot of guests very happy that day :p

Also, I'm glad I'm far from the only one who leaves their keys dangling in the cash drawer (which I did AGAIN today, wtf?!).

I'm jealous of those guests. I was making soda yesterday only to discover I'm out of air! I'll be going to bed bath and beyond for the replacement though so I can use the 20% coupon they always send

I managed to forget the market order yesterday. :( I mixed up my days and it was so busy I didn't even remember until right as I was falling asleep.

When I get in the zone while cashiering, I get things done really fast and I have the mindset of scan, total, tell them the price, give them receipt, done. Well while I was in the zone I glanced at the time at my register, and thought, oh it's 9:34, and when a guest approached, I greeted them with "Your total is $9.34-" before realizing that I just turned the time into a total...lol they just kinda looked at me strangely, and I had no way of explaining to them that I accidentally said that...so awkward...just kinda laughed it off and said just kidding! They probably think there is something wrong with me...oh well haha

When I get in the zone while cashiering, I get things done really fast and I have the mindset of scan, total, tell them the price, give them receipt, done. Well while I was in the zone I glanced at the time at my register, and thought, oh it's 9:34, and when a guest approached, I greeted them with "Your total is $9.34-" before realizing that I just turned the time into a total...lol they just kinda looked at me strangely, and I had no way of explaining to them that I accidentally said that...so awkward...just kinda laughed it off and said just kidding! They probably think there is something wrong with me...oh well haha
I do that a lot. Don't worry about it. Just brush it off and continue.

I feel like I do so much stupid crap at work...AP has probably has had many a laugh and facepalm at my expense.

For example, today I lost my keys during a mad rush where about 5 people desperately needed change at once.

As I'm freaking out, the TPS finds them. Guess where? Just dangling from the lock in the drawer that holds the change fund, that's all.

I just gave a few hundred people access to our change fund. No biggie there.

Oh, and guess who was LOD? Yep, ETL-AP. I did escape work without having a heart attack, but narrowly.

This is just one of the many stupid things I do on the daily, and I'm sure it's mild compared to some of the other things I've done. What are some of the embarrassing, facepalm-worthy things you guys have done?

Confess your sins here!
That is an automatic term....have fun with that.

That is an automatic term....have fun with that.
Ha, okay. Once one of the GSAs at our store dropped her keys into a guests bag, the guest got all the way home and then called to tell us they were in there, and since she was in the neighboring city by then she just returned them to that target store, and they returned them to us. My ETL-AP knew about it from the beginning and nothing happened to that GSA, not even a coaching. So yeah, I'll totally enjoy my automatic termination :rolleyes:

Ha, okay. Once one of the GSAs at our store dropped her keys into a guests bag, the guest got all the way home and then called to tell us they were in there, and since she was in the neighboring city by then she just returned them to that target store, and they returned them to us. My ETL-AP knew about it from the beginning and nothing happened to that GSA, not even a coaching. So yeah, I'll totally enjoy my automatic termination :rolleyes:
I'm just telling you what the policy saids....if your actually does it or not that's on them. Look up the policy if you don't believe me.

Yep. But ASANTS you know. If it actually led to a theft, I'd fully expect to be termed. But losing the keys doesn't get you fired at my store. If they hated me enough and wanted to use it against me I'm sure they'd use it as a reason to term me, but luckily they don't hate me that much (yet).

Yep. But ASANTS you know. If it actually led to a theft, I'd fully expect to be termed. But losing the keys doesn't get you fired at my store. If they hated me enough and wanted to use it against me I'm sure they'd use it as a reason to term me, but luckily they don't hate me that much (yet).

Losing the keys can cost the store thousands of dollars because they now have to re-core everything. Hypothetically the GSTL keys give you access to basically everything in the store.

I once left the electronics/cosmetics stockroom door propped open for a good 45 minutes-1 hour while I went off to help guests. Surprisingly, no coaching other than the TPS shaking his head at me vigorously while going on about securities best practice as I closed the door.

Losing the keys can cost the store thousands of dollars because they now have to re-core everything. Hypothetically the GSTL keys give you access to basically everything in the store.

Right. I understand the reasoning for it. Just saying my store isn't as harsh with it. As is obviously the case with many other stores, as I'm far from the only one in this thread who has embarrassingly lost keys.

At my store it is an automatic final and it costs $4000 to re-core the entire store. An ETL in training was asking about it yesterday.

At my store it depends on how much of a favorite you are. Officially it's supposed to be a Final, but like everything else at Spot, it's all about how much booty you kiss. Supposedly one of our GSTLs who has been with us for 3+ years lost the GSTL keys about 2 years ago (before I started), and everything at the front had to be re-cored. She said they gave her a coaching, no write-ups or anything. Just a slap on the wrist. I guarantee if I had lost those keys they'd be excited to deliver my Final.

We have yet to have them lost for good. We always end up recovering them. At the rate I'm going though who knows:p But hopefully I never have to find out what happens if I lose them for good.

The soda stream thing is pretty funny. I'm sure you made a lot of guests very happy that day :p

Also, I'm glad I'm far from the only one who leaves their keys dangling in the cash drawer (which I did AGAIN today, wtf?!).

Careful with that key. I've seen fellow GSA and GSTL put on CA and termed for this. I've done it - we've all done it - but don't make a habit of it. I always put the clipboard down, grab the change, put the change on the clipboard, close the drawer, put the key in my back pocket, then grab the change and run it. Slow down to keep your job :)

Its a final warning at our store so long as they are recovered. I imagine if they were not recovered in a timely manner it would likely be auto-term. We've had several sets of electronics keys go missing. During the time frame the backroom for it was always propped open....

Lost keys are final warning first time, gone the second time.

I've seen an etl termed for losing her keys the first time but I believe she was already on warning for other things.

Man...this just reminded me of when I was an assistant manager at Sonic and I lost the keys and they had to re-key everything. Not nearly as expensive as having to re-key Target's stuff, but still embarrassing nonetheless. Also around that time I lost my car keys one day, and I never found out where they went. I had to pay to have someone come make a key after a couple weeks of searching for them and no results. Years have passed and I've never seen them.

Basically I suck at keys. Nobody should trust me with these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back