I got fired

You dodged a bullet! Good for you, you’ve been spared a pointless life of toil for big corpa!!
In all honesty, Like I tell most people now, They should be thankful if they never work for Target or Walmart. These Big Corporations don’t give a fuck and love to play politics and Target is so left leaning and are very greedy.

In all honesty, Like I tell most people now, They should be thankful if they never work for Target or Walmart. These Big Corporations don’t give a fuck and love to play politics and Target is so left leaning and are very greedy.
1650135789928.png

Imagine your surprise when you realize every corporation regardless of size or political slant will shaft you as hard as they can to make a buck.

I was on my 90 days yes but there was never an indicator that I was being written up, I payed very close attention to how the team leaders put their words together so I could correct my errors, first thing was having a explanation of what loafing is, but I’ve never been told I’m loafing, second was being late, third was being from my 15 and I spoke to that team leader he then said “I get it you’re a good kid just be mindful of that in the future”
Yea honestly sounds like you lost the dice roll and they were going to fire you anyway... good news file for unemployment.

To the first point - I haven't worked in retail in some time but in my experience no, it doesn't need to be. That's kind of the point though, to have the documentation to advocate for yourself. I work in IT and I encourage everyone in my team to paper trail everything all the time.

As for the second yes one would think, but as I was saying people hate confrontation so it's just easier for them to not say or signal that - so they don't.
In IT we paper trail the shit outta everything so that if something gets escalated like "They didn't fix my problem ive been waiting weeks, " We can pull out all our emails we sent trying to arrange time with them to settle their issues.

In IT we paper trail the shit outta everything so that if something gets escalated like "They didn't fix my problem ive been waiting weeks, " We can pull out all our emails we sent trying to arrange time with them to settle their issues.
I have shell scripts and cloud flows that automatically push a recap of any communication I send or is sent to me (to/from flagged chains) to a storage account which gets linked to a Jira board. So whenever I get a "but you didn't" I just give them the Jira ticket number and it's all there.

But yes we it types (especially in the service lane) are insane 🥴

I have shell scripts and cloud flows that automatically push a recap of any communication I send or is sent to me (to/from flagged chains) to a storage account which gets linked to a Jira board. So whenever I get a "but you didn't" I just give them the Jira ticket number and it's all there.

But yes we it types (especially in the service lane) are insane 🥴
Pretty much if its not on my ticket it didn't happen. Though the you didnt crowd doesnt like. I have 4 emails that you did not reply to so we closed out your ticket until it became important to you again.

Back