Archived I got pulled into the office because a guest complained. Will this affect me or impact bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been told that our discussion was "documented", however I never actually signed

That's a coaching it's pretty much a recap of what you did wrong and how your leader wants you to change your behavior.

You don't sign. It's more Targets record of issues should they be needed later.

Last time did something with a coaching was when we fired a tm and he filed for unemployment. Target wanted me to send in a copy of all of his coachings /CAs dating back 3 years.

Most stores don't even care about red cards anymore because the NPS score is king right now.

ding ding ding

they dropped REDcard recognition in favor of praising TMs who get good survey responses at my store

content.php

How I imagine the guest was

ding ding ding

they dropped REDcard recognition in favor of praising TMs who get good survey responses at my store
Speaking of surveys, is it considered ‘bad’ or ‘cheating’ to encourage guests to fill out the survey? I’ve never like heard anyone telling people about the survey which I like because it makes us seem like some shitty store who gives away shit or something, but are we allowed to ask guests to fill out the survey?

Like I'm sorry but if you walked by three times and she didn't say anything, that's on her

It honestly comes down to your track record and whether or not they know you in your store. We had a guest complain about one of our girls saying she swore at them for messing up her tables. She was the sweetest person you'd ever meet... timid and maybe a little on the shy side. Never ever heard her swear. We all knew it was a bold face lie. GS took the complaint, apologized, and said they'd handle it. Then basically told her what happened but more as a "can you believe this?" GS had no idea she took it to heart. She talked to me about it later and I had to reassure her that she wasn't in trouble.

Get this... guest asked for help in the shoe dept while in the middle of a chat with my TL regarding planning some workload. We stop talking and immediately walk over. I'm considered the "shoe guru" in our store so the TL quietly stood by and let me help the guest. Guest wrote her up at GS because they said my TL rolled her eyes and wasn't willing to help. I almost died laughing. I was standing right there with the TL and that absolutely did NOT happen. I mean, did she NEED to give a second opinion on what I was saying to be helpful? :p On the other side the guest praised me for my guest services and said I was wonderfully helpful. LOL People are just.... weird.

Unless you're under 90 days they cannot term you for a first offense like this one. I'd take it as constructive criticism and learn from it but certainly wouldn't worry about it. :)

Speaking of surveys, is it considered ‘bad’ or ‘cheating’ to encourage guests to fill out the survey? I’ve never like heard anyone telling people about the survey which I like because it makes us seem like some shitty store who gives away shit or something, but are we allowed to ask guests to fill out the survey?

It's not against the rules but it's no fun. My old dtl threatened all the stores in our district we would have to start asking because our scores were low.

It's better to let people give them because they choose too. You get much more thoughtful ratings. A lot of the stores with lots of surveys get several 5s because the people are indifferent.

In the rating system indifferent is almost as bad as a detractors

Like I'm sorry but if you walked by three times and she didn't say anything, that's on her

While I want to agree with this Target has changed the expectation on this. They want you to prioritize guest over task.

We had a seek to understand with a flow team member who told us she refuses to guest service people. My ETL HR at the time told her if she wants to work and avoid guest she needs to go to an overnight store or leave Target

Every time I finish helping someone and they say something along the lines of “wow thank you much that was awesome” or “wow that was really fast and easy” I always say “there is a survey you could take at the bottom of your receipt and let my bosses know that I’m sure they’d love to hear!!” Everyone usually goes “oh yeah awesome I’ll do that!” I’m not sure how many people actually do because no one EVER says anything about good surveys only the bad ones but I try to help myself out as much as I can, definitely lol

Reactions: Dog
While I want to agree with this Target has changed the expectation on this. They want you to prioritize guest over task.
See, our ETL’s always say this, until we haven’t finished a task and they ask why and we say we were helping a guest.. then they roll their eyes.
I’m not sure how many people actually do because no one EVER says anything about good surveys only the bad ones but I try to help myself out as much as I can, definitely lol
At my store they post all the ‘good’ guest surveys on a wall in the TSC. They were giving out $5 food vouchers for whoever got one originally but stopped doing that. I always encourage my family to take the surveys so the cashiers get recognized.

Every time I finish helping someone and they say something along the lines of “wow thank you much that was awesome” or “wow that was really fast and easy” I always say “there is a survey you could take at the bottom of your receipt and let my bosses know that I’m sure they’d love to hear!!” Everyone usually goes “oh yeah awesome I’ll do that!” I’m not sure how many people actually do because no one EVER says anything about good surveys only the bad ones but I try to help myself out as much as I can, definitely lol

That's the problem I have. I don't like that mentality.

In the rating system indifferent is almost as bad as a detractors

If the NPS scoring system is the same at my company, anything below an 8/10 is considered a detractor, which is fucked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back