I hate market, and I’m new

I’m new, they were originally going to put me on fulfillment, but ended up putting me in the snack section of market. I hate it so much, but I’m new and I don’t want to get fired. What do I do? Please send help.

Well, first off, welcome to The Break Room.
Just want to warn you, some of the replies you are going to get aren't going to be the most, how do I want to put this, kind.

I'm guessing you are young or this wouldn't be a big surprise that there would be a job that sucked.
By in large most jobs do.
My main suggestion is dig into this one and make it work.

They won't let you switch out for a while so get good enough at it that you won't get fired but not so good that they can't afford to switch you to something else.
Take a look around and see which department you would like to work in and focus on learning it.
Get global, learn how the entire store works and where everything is.
If you like making coffee, the Starbucks is just about always looking for people.

They unfortunately put you were ever they need you. They lie to suit them not you. I learned that the hard way. My advice is don't complain. Not only will they not move you they will cut your hours to the bare bones for that.
Yeah, my ETL was TOTALLY glorifying the area when they were pitching me the job. They didn’t let me know how tedious and boring it was going to be and it pisses me off. Little did I know, literally nobody wants to work snack. Fml.

Some actually love it lol
There are advantages to working in the freezer. The walkies don’t work in there and (ASANTS) the ETL won’t follow you in to micromanage, bitch or drink their Starbucks...😂 Of course, if you get trapped in there you could freeze to death before anyone would come in looking for you.😁

I’m new, they were originally going to put me on fulfillment, but ended up putting me in the snack section of market. I hate it so much, but I’m new and I don’t want to get fired. What do I do? Please send help.

no worries most of the people in market hate it with a fiery burning passion of thousand suns. do what the rest of us do just start day drinking it helps

no no don't do the day drinking part. yeah that's a bad idea

but we all do hate it rather a lot

I feel like I would enjoy packing. I'm a big-time shopper and I would get a kick out of seeing what other people buy, plus I'm a great gift-wrapper.

I feel like I would enjoy packing. I'm a big-time shopper and I would get a kick out of seeing what other people buy, plus I'm a great gift-wrapper.
Oh I love packing but it could definitely fall into the boring and tedious category

Something good about boring and tedium. Social distancing at it's finest, ie. others will leave you alone and it becomes your gig. That's a good thing. It's a stepping stone. You will have to coordinate with your TL and maybe receiving re. the vendor interaction but it's not bad, really. Nothing thrilling or exciting about boxes of microwave popcorn and Archer Farms blue corn chips, it's a job, make the best of it.

On the other hand, in the summer when people buy lots of bbq meats, a few cases of different mustards waiting to be pushed neatly? That's exciting.

I love pushing in market and getting to see all the fun food stuff that we sell so that I can buy it and eat it after my shift

Clearance and stuff, right Dog? I liked doing the Market and Freezers on Sunday Ad Sets! Load me up with price tags and a PDA and I'll see ya in 5 hrs.

You would like prepping. Get everything folded and bagged and wrap the breakables.

Back