Archived I have been presented a interesting opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So long story short I have been given a chance to go from TPS to Sales Floor team leader at my own store. My TL is fine with it. APBP,STL all cool.Just gotta go through the right interviews ect ect. The thing is i like my 40 hours and role in AP. Theres a slight pay increase and those nice holiday hours...Would you guys do it?

If you're looking at a career with Spot, yea, you should certainly take it.

AP takes you places also. Its just things are going slow as far as moving up in the AP role.

You're right, AP is a good track solid track if you want to stick to it.
What I meant was if you're looking to a wider career, being able to work in other areas this is the way to go.

Ap man! Just tell them you enjoy ap a lot and would like to seek new opportunities in ap instead. They'll understand

Yep, many people who want to move up within AP have to try some other store side positions as well! Unless your district does things weird, it is very difficult to go TPS to APTL to ETL-AP to APBP (or maybe IS if that is what you were thinking)... Many ETL-APs who are in the APBP route have to try out store side ETL positions (usually at least LOG) to have a chance at it!

AP is its own world, while an ETL-AP might have to rotate work areas (they get LOD shifts anyways), usually hourly AP is restricted from store operations and they can ONLY do AP.

I've never heard of stores rotating people out of AP and then back in.. TMs in AP all moved up directly into higher paying AP positions in my district.

We had a guy in our store go from working in meat to tps. He told me he's not even allowed on a register anymore. Which does make sense.

i met a guy at a nearby store and he told me he used to be TPS but got moved to electronics because he started dating another team member in the store, but his management allowed the switch

It used to be that you could only go back storeside after going AP by moving to another store. Now they're more lenient supposedly. In my district anyway. I can't talk for the whole company.

Stick with AP and wait for a APL or APTL to open. APL or APTL is also a higher pay grade than sales floor team lead

AP is its own world, while an ETL-AP might have to rotate work areas (they get LOD shifts anyways), usually hourly AP is restricted from store operations and they can ONLY do AP.

I've never heard of stores rotating people out of AP and then back in.. TMs in AP all moved up directly into higher paying AP positions in my district.

I guess I am thinking a few years out instead of the immediate situation! It is going to be difficult to go from TM to TL to ETL to BP while only being in the world of AP... One of these positions at least should be in some other type of role... It would be very difficult to be an effective BP without having done something outside of the small teams in AP... I also don't think it would easy to be in interviews and showing how you aren't really a global leader and are a niche into a single area.

To the original poster, if you see yourself staying on the hourly level and want to do AP... then wait out for an APTL position... If you are trying to promote beyond that and the leadership team in your building is wanting you to take a SFTL spot, then I would do that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back