Archived I have returned from a journey to a land far away [out this hoe!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I keep mentioning this but I *still* can't even with this massive building, fam. I've worked here for a little over 6 full weeks now and keep getting lost. Ya know how when you put two mirrors together you see an infinite recursion of images? This last week they've been cross training me in order picking and the visual effect of 2,500 pick aisles trailing off into infinity still disorients me. The walls have no parallax because they're so far away, like watching the Moon hanging motionless in the sky while you're doing 75 on the freeway. I learned pretty quick that if I need a restroom break I should start the journey way before I actually need to go badly, because by the time I get there I'll be trying not to pee my pants 👌

giphy.gif

funny story from yesterday: boss man over my department has 2 people come to him in 2 hours to say they saw several roaches and birds in the building. He starts wigging out and barks something about "goddamn BUGS in MY department, how about fuck no" and gets the exterminators on the horn. Someone pointed out that birds are equally as gross because they shit everywhere, and he's like "yeah we're not going to accidentally ship a bird to a customer in a box, but if we send somebody a dead roach it gets on the news and we're fucked." I lolled for a very long while at this strangely captivating scene

"I like to keep out of the break room as much as possible, I get so fuckin sick of seeing Mitch McConnell's giant tortoise lookin-ass jabroni face on the news" -my boss (overheard)

I was shooting the shit with my soon-to-be-former ETL on Snapchat about resigning, and I mentioned that since you can put an arbitrary timeframe into Workday for your proposed separation date I was thinking about giving them a 3 or 4 week notice after I dump this PTO. Just to be super nice, plus I figure it will take them a hot minute to find somebody who can replace me, heh heh heh. But ETL was like don't bother because they'll just stop putting me on the schedule starting the week after I give notice. Yay

I was shooting the shit with my soon-to-be-former ETL on Snapchat about resigning, and I mentioned that since you can put an arbitrary timeframe into Workday for your proposed separation date I was thinking about giving them a 3 or 4 week notice after I dump this PTO. Just to be super nice, plus I figure it will take them a hot minute to find somebody who can replace me, heh heh heh. But ETL was like don't bother because they'll just stop putting me on the schedule starting the week after I give notice. Yay

Then use all your vacay up to your max hours before giving notice. If they cut your hours after you give notice, file for Unemployment!

Wow that’s horrible good thing you quit!!!!

This company loves a revolving door because training is minimal and you can blame newbies for shit they didn't even know they should know they were supposed to do and "let them go" for bad performance...wont happen often but the threat alone is enough to make people quit before they're even worth their weight in red cards so to speak LMAO

Well it happened, the straw that broke the camel's back and all four of its legs too. ETL-GM/LOG/whatever just yeeted off into the sunset never to return and the 20 year old dip they moved in from another store to take his spot is really something else. Strung out on Koolaid and Adderall, with a voice that sounds like a freaky hybrid of Truman Capote and a 9 year old on Xbox Live. Accordingly, the amount of money I require to continue showing up to this dumpster fire has instantly quadrupled.

What a week!

Leadership at Target: "Wanna stay 5.5 hours and work out 450 repacks?? By the way we can't send anyone to help you anymore because that conflicts with the new model. WHAT, you DON'T wanna stay?! What happened to 'let's get this bread no days off'?!!?!

Leadership at my other job: "Wanna move to ICQA overnight for 2 extra dollars an hour? You can expect 70 a week minimum when Q4 starts!"

I put my 3 weeks into Workday, as ETL-LOG warned me I don't expect to get scheduled past next week but at the very least my discount should stay active until that date according to HR. I can't wait to pop in here on Black Friday and peek into the backroom!

Last edited:
Well it happened, the straw that broke the camel's back and all four of its legs too. ETL-GM/LOG/whatever just yeeted off into the sunset never to return and the 20 year old dip they moved in from another store to take his spot is really something else. Strung out on Koolaid and Adderall, with a voice that sounds a freaky hybrid of Truman Capote and a 9 year old on Xbox Live. Accordingly, the amount of money I require to continue showing up to this dumpster fire has instantly quadrupled.

What a week!

Leadership at Target: "Wanna stay 5.5 hours and work out 450 repacks?? By the way we can't send anyone to help you anymore because that conflicts with the new model. WHAT, you DON'T wanna stay?! What happened to 'let's get this bread no days off'?!!?!

Leadership at my other job: "Wanna move to ICQA overnight for 2 extra dollars an hour? You can expect 70 a week minimum when Q4 starts!"

I put my 3 weeks into Workday, as ETL-LOG warned me I don't expect to get scheduled past next week but at the very least my discount should stay active until that date according to HR. I can't wait to pop in here on Black Friday and peek into the backroom!
I’m very sad. I will miss your entertaining posts. Hoping you try to carve out time to visit and keep us posted. Wish you all the best.

Sorting roughly a repack a minute errgh. Keep us posted and congrats.

I put my 3 weeks into Workday, as ETL-LOG warned me I don't expect to get scheduled past next week but at the very least my discount should stay active until that date according to HR.

Don't count on that. My discount went "poof" shortly after the last day I worked even though I had almost a full week left on my resignation notice.

Somebody on here once said that they used their Target wallet long after they quit, and their discount was still attached and still worked. I'd be hella surprised if they haven't fixed this yet but I'm gonna try anyway and report back lol

My fans can rest assured, my TBR career is only getting started!

Don't count on that. My discount went "poof" shortly after the last day I worked even though I had almost a full week left on my resignation notice.
I "forgot" to remove the discount off my Target.com account. It took about a month after my final day before the app automatically removed it, and all my receipts listed a discounted amount all the way until it was auto removed.

It depends on when your termination is keyed in. Sometimes it’s done the next day, sometimes it’s a week later, totally depends on HR and who is doing them. My ETL has me do all of the terms but I always partner with her on exactly how they’re being keyed to make sure I don’t do it one way when it needs to be done another. That way when the inevitable unemployment claim pops up all of the I’s are dotted and T’s are crossed. But when AP or the HRBP have to get involved my ETL will do those and I’m happy for that, I claim to be nosy but some things I just don’t want to know. 🤷‍♀️

tldr: depends on the sense of urgency to term you by HR 😜

It depends on when your termination is keyed in. Sometimes it’s done the next day, sometimes it’s a week later, totally depends on HR and who is doing them. My ETL has me do all of the terms but I always partner with her on exactly how they’re being keyed to make sure I don’t do it one way when it needs to be done another. That way when the inevitable unemployment claim pops up all of the I’s are dotted and T’s are crossed. But when AP or the HRBP have to get involved my ETL will do those and I’m happy for that, I claim to be nosy but some things I just don’t want to know. 🤷‍♀️

no offense but when you say dotting i's and crossing t's do you mean 'making sure to key in such a way that unemployment is not awarded'? just curious

if I were in your sneaks I would be helping folks sign up for that fuckin dough, just sayin'

no offense but when you say dotting i's and crossing t's do you mean 'making sure to key in such a way that unemployment is not awarded'? just curious

if I were in your sneaks I would be helping folks sign up for that fuckin dough, just sayin'
Not quite.. There are a surprising amount of ways to key someone and it’s all drop down menus. It isn’t just check the rehireable or unrehireable box. Besides, if I do key it wonky and my ETL doesn’t catch it they can go back and “fix” it.

And I try and help everyone keep their job. I give a lot of TMs a heads up of hey the Leaders are noticing this, when in fact I probably shouldn’t. Or maybe the Leaders tell me so I DO tell the TM, so the TM will either get back to where they were before, or talk to a Leader about what’s going on. 🤷‍♀️ I will help everyone keep their job and if they still end up losing it I don’t feel bad. Some people just throw away their chances and I’ve learned to accept that there is nothing I can do about that.

So I was all excited and shit to go O/N for ICQA but *record scratch* it turned out to be nightmarish, or at least the first day of dayside "training" was. A rather unexpected plot twist so here's hoping it was just because my trainer was blitzed out of his mind on xans

I really can't stand all the fussy, exact sorting that you're doing constantly, especially because a lot of the 10 billion LPNs are crammed way over capacity with often the wrong UPC. For the unaware an LPN is a cardboard tray similar to a waco, I think Target DCs also use them and it's possibly an industry-wide thing, idk

I will try to like it though if for no other reason than the only reason there is... 💵💵💵💵

Lesson for the rest of us.....the grass may SEEM greener on the other side, but in reality......maybe not. Work is still called work instead of play. Every job has a different kind of struggle, but a struggle none the less. It’s just a matter of :is that particular problem is a deal breaker for you.

At my old company, one of the backroom guys quit to go work for a competitor - he was back two weeks later. He said basically that, though we were screwed up, we were nothing compared to how screwed up they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back