Archived i like how target makes minimal use of their pa system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
whenever i'm in walmart i always hear a whole bunch of "customer needs assistance in x department" pa announcements, announcements i never hear in target.

34zdn3m.jpg

I had a GSA at my store who would call the usually clueless operator and mess with her, and through her, be silly on the PA

"Operator please?"

"Go ahead"

"Go to 2?"

"Attention Target guests, could Steven Rogers meet your party at guest services? Steven Rogers to guest services."

It's all on the walkie rather than the overhead. Far more efficient in my opinion.

Its nice, but my store uses the walkies to promote red cards so much that we end up being the walking PA system. It's funny how much they complained about it in the past on surveys and my store pushed it more as a result...

From what I have seen, Wal-Mart management are the only ones that have a walkie and everything else is over the PA

How much higher do you think the turnover rate would be if we played Christmas music

Just think about it.

Shitty day amplified by 4+ hours of Jingle Bells might be enough to push someone over the edge

[rant] As a Jew working in a place where I have to listen to Christmas music all day is, lets say grating.
At least at Borders I was able to shame them into putting Hanukkah music.
But I swear one year because of the musicians we had in the CD player there were three different versions of the rapey Baby Its Cold Outside
How the frell that ever became a Christmas song I don't know. [/rant]

and that we don't have any music!!!!!!

Unless you're in or near electronics.

How much higher do you think the turnover rate would be if we played Christmas music

Just think about it.

Shitty day amplified by 4+ hours of Jingle Bells might be enough to push someone over the edge

I'd take Christmas music over top-40 bullshit.

But yeah, every store would be blood red in turnover.

Its nice, but my store uses the walkies to promote red cards so much that we end up being the walking PA system. It's funny how much they complained about it in the past on surveys and my store pushed it more as a result

Way to go, team! ! !

God I'm so glad we don't play music too. It would either be that soft, gentle, boring sappy shit you hear at the doctors office or Muzak-tier background noise.
Having an ETL that blasts country music at full volume during early mornings and overnights is great though

I love how Target rarely uses the PA system annnnnd no music. Muzic is great and all but I remember at a previous job it got stuck and we had listen to Justin Bieber 4 times it a row. I would have listened Christmas music. Plus I cant hear the PA system any ways. :::::mumble, mumble team huddle in static, static....:::

Uses radio-

" Team, where is huddle?"

Waste of time.

I had a GSA at my store who would call the usually clueless operator and mess with her, and through her, be silly on the PA

"Operator please?"

"Go ahead"

"Go to 2?"

"Attention Target guests, could Steven Rogers meet your party at guest services? Steven Rogers to guest services."

Is there a Tony Stank here?

I just went shopping yesterday it was one of those new small targets and they were playing music the entire time I was shopping. It felt really strange.

The music in electronics drives to crazy I can't imagine listening to it all day we moved our service desk down there and it really annoying

Without starting a new pointless thread, this was the closest. Does anyone know how to enable the night bell for phones in the morning before store open? We can never seem to get leaders to answer the phone.

Without starting a new pointless thread, this was the closest. Does anyone know how to enable the night bell for phones in the morning before store open? We can never seem to get leaders to answer the phone.

At my store:
To set the phone to night bell hit "cfwdall" (I believe it's the third button below the display) then 29.
To answer the phone while on night bell it's 5529.
To take it off hit "cfwdall".

At my store:
To set the phone to night bell hit "cfwdall" (I believe it's the third button below the display) then 29.
To answer the phone while on night bell it's 5529.
To take it off hit "cfwdall".
Thank you! We haven't used it in years. Either they don't want to or they don't know how. But it's bad when you call & call & call & call and no one answers.

Reactions: Him
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back