Archived i like how target makes minimal use of their pa system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our store uses it to promote Cartwheel. But the operator sounds so awkward over the PA system that it sends a chill down my spine. "Attention Target Guest...(awkward silence)... You can save an additional 40% on (insert random item here) by using cartwheel...(awkward silence)... it is a free app that you can download right now...(awkward silence)... yea...(awkward silence)... ok thank you and thank you for choosing Target..." lulz

Our store uses it to promote Cartwheel. But the operator sounds so awkward over the PA system that it sends a chill down my spine. "Attention Target Guest...(awkward silence)... You can save an additional 40% on (insert random item here) by using cartwheel...(awkward silence)... it is a free app that you can download right now...(awkward silence)... yea...(awkward silence)... ok thank you and thank you for choosing Target..." lulz
Isn't this against best practice?

Isn't this against best practice?

We have been doing it for months now. At first the operators did it hourly like the ETL wanted them to. Now it's just whenever the LOD reminds them to do announcements because the operators loathe it. When I'm LOD I don't remind them, the squawking about RCs over the walkie is too much as it is.

I dunno about being against BP, as my DTL encourages it.

To be a fitting room operator at my store, your voice must be loud enough at a speaking level to be heard from the blue doors by someone standing at green doors. You must also have one of the following communication issues:
  • Speech impediment of any sort.
  • Lack of knowledge of the English language. The majority of our team members are English-speaking. Granted, the Spanish does help with the guests, a large amount of which do speak that language.
  • Lack of patience. A common issue is "Market, call on 2280, market call on 2280." two seconds later "Market please pick up the call on 2280 market 2280" another two seconds "Market the guest has been waiting on 2280 market please pick up 2280"

The few announcements we do have roughly sound like this on the PA:

GOOD MORNING TARGET TEAM MEMBERS IT IS NOW TIME FOR THE MORNING HUDDLE WOULDALLTEAMMEMBERSPLEASEREPORT TOJEWELRY FOR THE MORNING HUDDLE ALL TEAM MEMBERS TO JEWELRY FOR THE MORNING HUDDLE THANK YOU.

Last edited:
We only announce huddles on walkies. The people who didnt get one walk into huddle about 5 minutes late.

We have used our PA alot to locate lost parents. "I was in Wondershop I didnt realize he walked away..."

Thank you! We haven't used it in years. Either they don't want to or they don't know how. But it's bad when you call & call & call & call and no one answers.
We always used to have an overnight person for TSC, but I think they are leaving and their replacement I don't think is high on leaderships priority list. :(:oops:

My current store uses the phone for overheads (instead of the microphone I was used to) and the echo is so distracting, I don't know how anyone can make announcements. I did it once and never again, lol.

The music in electronics drives to crazy I can't imagine listening to it all day we moved our service desk down there and it really annoying
I agree our sporting goods and toys is right by electronics and every time I'm pushing in those aisles I have to hear the Kidz Bop version of Can't stop the feeling by Justin Timberlake and all I want to do is jam a pencil in my ear!

I agree our sporting goods and toys is right by electronics and every time I'm pushing in those aisles I have to hear the Kidz Bop version of Can't stop the feeling by Justin Timberlake and all I want to do is jam a pencil in my ear!

Even worse being in electonics and watching the video several times a day. I hate those kids and their faces.

whenever i'm in walmart i always hear a whole bunch of "customer needs assistance in x department" pa announcements, announcements i never hear in target.
Our PA hasn't worked for while. I though PTM got it fixed, but I am not how long that lasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back