Archived I only get cashier shifts and I want to get SCO shifts again or move to guest service, but my leaders don’t take me seriously. What to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the Kool-Aid pays my bills, I will drink it until it stops providing for my children and me.

Reactions: DBZ
If you're happy, so am I. :)

I love Kool-Aid, but I don't want it every day...

When I was just a guest I would not have been happy if someone tried to pitch the redcard to me at SCO. Back when I didn't have one, of course. One of the advantages to SCO is not having to engage, so please hang back unless I need you!

When I'm shopping, the last thing I want to do is "engage" with the employees.

Another reason why I shop online and let the UPs man bring me my shit... plus - I save gas!
beerchug.gif

I start with the usual “Hi, did you find everything you were looking for” etc while they make their way to the SCO unit. Then I ask if they’re using a REDcard. Most of the time it’s “No, not interested” and then I say “Okay, let me know if you need help!” And move on to the next. Then there’s the guests who say “is that the credit card?” And I explain it is also debit, which is how I got my first one this week. She happened to have a check. I usually get between 1-3 a week doing that, but that is in 40 hours so I know it isn’t super common. I just need my advocates to tell them about it at SCO, that’s what I’m paying them for.

Thanks for this. I push redcards a lot, but I rarely get one. Does it count when someone tries to sign up and are rejected? I had one of those recently.

When I was just a guest I would not have been happy if someone tried to pitch the redcard to me at SCO. Back when I didn't have one, of course. One of the advantages to SCO is not having to engage, so please hang back unless I need you!

It's easy to tell which guests don't want to talk to people.

Thanks for this. I push redcards a lot, but I rarely get one. Does it count when someone tries to sign up and are rejected? I had one of those recently.

Yes, if it pops out the slip that says “further review needed” then it counts! All Spot cares about with that metric specifically is that the attempt was made.

Reactions: DBZ
Even if the POS comes back saying "Application need further review..." it still counts towards the metric as 'getting a REDcard'.

Also, this message doesn't mean the guest won't be approved, just that they'll be notified in the mail within 7-10 business days. I've actually had guests come back after that time raving on how they were approved after they needed to send some more info.

Even if the POS comes back saying "Application need further review..." it still counts towards the metric as 'getting a REDcard'.

Also, this message doesn't mean the guest won't be approved, just that they'll be notified in the mail within 7-10 business days. I've actually had guests come back after that time raving on how they were approved after they needed to send some more info.

Oh I am glad that doesn't always mean they are rejected. I've had a couple who recently moved and I think the "needs further review" had to do with that.

I was one of those. I assumed it meant no. Then someone on here said TMs will be automatically approved since if need be it will be taken from your check, so I called to say I was a TM. Turned out I simply had to answer those multiple choice questions of "which of these addresses have you ever lived..." (and the right answer is where you lived 25 years ago, like anyone can remember that).

I get them at SCO, just not as many. I get at least 4 or 5 to put in number so online enrollment link can be sent. That's helpful for our overall numbers even if I dont get credit.

That will get us fired.

That will get us fired.
Our SCOs never approach guests unless they need help, or they are directing traffic. Even when I was just a guest with no Redcard, I only remember one cashier who would pitch it. He would talk about Cartwheel too. And I shopped Target a LOT, lol.

That will get us fired.
Sometimes when an employee at a retail place does someone beyond annoying but seems to be a rule I want to demand a manager and then light into the manager about him/her putting the asinine rules in place that are customer unfriendly and I know the poor employee has no choice about the managers' unfriendly policies. Maybe if managers are made aware the policies themselves are the problem and it will get them the focus of trouble they would change them.

Our SCOs never approach guests unless they need help, or they are directing traffic. Even when I was just a guest with no Redcard, I only remember one cashier who would pitch it. He would talk about Cartwheel too. And I shopped Target a LOT, lol.
That's not what Target wants, for sure. The company wants service and engagement tms to.....engage.

I get them at SCO, just not as many. I get at least 4 or 5 to put in number so online enrollment link can be sent. That's helpful for our overall numbers even if I dont get credit.

Can you elaborate on this? An online enrollment link? Sent to who/where?

Can you elaborate on this? An online enrollment link? Sent to who/where?
When you tap on the bottom of the screen on SCO while scanning your items it brings you to a screen where you can put your phone number in and it sends you a redcard application

Apply for a red card link is on SCO. The guest puts in telephone number, a link is sent to phone that takes them to the online enrollment. They can do it immediately or later.

This is fairly new I'm guessing. I've only been gone for 2-3 months and this wasn't 'a thing' when I was @ Target. At least at my store it wasn't.

I went on LOA at the end of June and hadn't seen this yet when I left.

When you tap on the bottom of the screen on SCO while scanning your items it brings you to a screen where you can put your phone number in and it sends you a redcard application

No way! I am going to look for this tomorrow.

Reactions: Dog
Sometimes when an employee at a retail place does someone beyond annoying but seems to be a rule I want to demand a manager and then light into the manager about him/her putting the asinine rules in place that are customer unfriendly and I know the poor employee has no choice about the managers' unfriendly policies. Maybe if managers are made aware the policies themselves are the problem and it will get them the focus of trouble they would change them.
But would managers really be able to anything? If 100 people tell the GSTL that they don’t like being pitched a red card at self-checkout, the GSTL can’t do anything about that. It’s a corporate rule. And corporate won’t listen to a GSTL telling them they’re getting complaints about a certain thing, they’ll probably just say you’re not doing it well enough then or something.

But would managers really be able to anything? If 100 people tell the GSTL that they don’t like being pitched a red card at self-checkout, the GSTL can’t do anything about that. It’s a corporate rule. And corporate won’t listen to a GSTL telling them they’re getting complaints about a certain thing, they’ll probably just say you’re not doing it well enough then or something.
But, any store not just Target, what if timing is right that the manager on duty is the store's general manager? Then that is a person who can affect implementation, and therefore it could be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back