Archived I remember when i was excited to work, excited to say yes to phone calls to come into work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firefighting is a very admirable career. I started a volunteer fire academy a few years back but didn't get to finish because of school. It's one of those things where you need to be super invested to get through the academy. I don't know what the ETL-AP situation is like in your area, but if you think you might enjoy that line of work, have you considered law enforcement? Security is a great gateway to the profession. I know that's what I plan to do on at least a volunteer basis on my free time.

I've defiantly considered law enforcement, as my good friend is working towards becoming a police officer in my area. New a couple police officers throughout high school on my High school football team. But, LE isn't the thing for me. I know i'd be able to thrive as a ETL-AP though since i enjoy leading, and AP work at Target (i've had some experience)

I've defiantly considered law enforcement, as my good friend is working towards becoming a police officer in my area. New a couple police officers throughout high school on my High school football team. But, LE isn't the thing for me. I know i'd be able to thrive as a ETL-AP though since i enjoy leading, and AP work at Target (i've had some experience)

As someone else here mentioned, I would apply for the volunteer side of firefighting to see if you really like it in the academy. I never realized how mentally and physically exhausting the work is until I donned the 45 lb bunker gear and sucked air out of a tube while doing pt. That will break you down so fast. And it was in the winter, too.

I still have days where I enjoy my job. Usually, those are days where I am left alone to do my own thing. Most of the etls in my store know that I know what I need to do and just leave me alone. I always get a feeling of accomplishment when I walk into a messy backroom and walk out with it clean and organized. However, here lately more and more is added for me to do so most days I clock out feeling over whelmed . I don't hate going to work ( I hate getting out of bed ) I just don't love it like I use to

I remember listening to Black Sabbath on an 8-track player.
black-sabbath-7-bloody-sabbath-llp-s-2695-mini-juke-box-33-1-3-no-sleeve_13482097

I remember this. Mind you I was a child but I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back