Archived I Think Management is Out To Get Me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's just me, but the leadership at my store is horrible. Maybe you all can give me some advice. So my wife and i currently both work at Target(she's been there for 4 years and works Target Café and i work logistics and I've been there for 3) We recently got married earlier this year, but we've been a couple since before either of us had been working there. You know we recently have had multiple changes throughout the company and one that hits the hardest is the scheduling for logistics( I was flow team and since the changes we stopped coming in at 4 and now come in at 6) And this is where the issues have started. You see they love to schedule us where I'll still be at work and she will just be coming in. With just 1 car and me having the only driving licence i have to leave early and pick her up to take her and before you ask, no getting her on my lunch is not an option we live too far away. Its starting to affect my attendance, but there is nothing i can do because she has to open Target Café or at least be the mid. We've made multiple attempts to fix this. I know I've personally tried talking to 1) My team lead, but he would tell me there was nothing he could do about it or he just straight up doesn't do anything about( For instance he called me in the office about my attendance, i told him about the scheduling issues and he told me " You 2 were hired as individuals so i can't fix anything" and "Maybe you should put in an availability change") Which brings me to the next person i talked to about it. My ETL over Logistics, she told me to put in an availability change which i did but it got denied by her. I brought it to her attention and was told to put in another one and again it was denied. I told my team lead this and he told me that i have to communicate to HR about it and that i can't dump my problems off on someone else. I contacted the head of HR at my store and he said he would take a look at it... And nothing was done about it. I put in yet another availability change and notified my Team lead and HR about it minuets after i put it in...its been 3 weeks and still nothing has been done about it. Today my wife and i had yet another one of these issues ( i wouldn't have gotten off till 12 which is when a mid shift starts for café and she had to be in at 9:30.) We noticed the issue yesterday and i notified my team lead through text that i wouldn't be able to come in today, would he happen to know who worked so i could get the shift switched with that person, that way the team wouldn't be down a man. I was replied with not a response to my request but that the process had to go on. My wife had no options to find someone take her shift so i had to call out. I feel as if tomorrow when i show up for work i will either be written up or fired. What am i suppose to do in this situation? And let it also be known that the schedule change i put it wasn't just for these scheduling issues with my wife but that they also affect my life as i have a loved one that has to be picked up from a place by a specific time( My mom has dialasys and needs to be picked up from the center by 11:30 ). I would also like to add that my wife has tried everything on her end as well, and for about a month she had been switching shifts with fellow team members so we wouldn't have to worry about our scheduling issues. She's also tried to change her availability but even if she does get it changed,she could only have it changed to mid as the closing shift is already filled. Meaning i would still have to get my availability changed to make it so our schedules wouldn't clash, but as i have already said they won't approve my change. I've even asked why and they won't give me an answer. This is so frustrating and i don't know what to do...

I know this gets expensive, but have you looked at taxi service or Uber/Lyft for getting her to work when you're already there?

I agree to a small extent with your ETL. You and your wife are adults. It's your responsibilities to figure out your schedules and your transpportation issues. Not Target's. It would be nice if they would accommodate given that you've each been there several years.

Either keep putting in for availability change(s) and document the hell out of it, or someone needs to find alternate employment before Target forces that decision by letting one or both of you go for attendance issues.

It would be nice if they would accommodate given that you've each been there several years.
Yes, it would. By all means continue to try to get your availability changed, but in case management won’t change it, start looking around for another job so you won’t be stuck with nothing if they term you for attendance. If you and your wife have benefits, make every effort to stay, but if you don’t have benefits you both may be able to do better for yourselves elsewhere where you have a chance of getting them. Your asshat TL needs to understand that your problems are his problems. It’s part of his job to take care of his team and when you tell him you need help with a problem you are not “dump(ing)it off on someone else”, you are asking him to do his job so you can do yours.🙄

Why don’t one of you switch work centers so you can share availability times?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back