Archived I took a trip to Wally World last night...

Status
Not open for further replies.

whippingboy

Produce Peon
*shameface* but it was more convenient! Anyway, I found some nice clearanced pants for the kids, and a couple of belts for them that I can never seem to find in our boys section at Target. Wandered over to the liquor section (hey, don't judge) and found bottles of wine for $1.97. They do have some deals, you have to admit!

I walked to the hard liquor, and it was all locked up behind cabinets. Irritant number one. Then I scanned through all of the empty location labels, looking for the brands I usually buy, and the labels are in some sort of strange code, unreadable by speakers of the English language. Irritant number two.

I walked around in a few circles, looking for a paging button, or any sort of employee to help me unlock the case, and found NOTHING. Frustrated, I wandered to the front door and asked the greeter, who seemed irritated that I bothered him (aren't they volunteers?). He approached the first cashier and asked her, where she took a VISIBLY deep breath, rolled her eyes, and said, "it will be five to ten minutes".

Thoroughly peeved, I walked all the way back to the aisle and waited. And waited. And that is why some random Wal-Mart employee found all of my goodies in the middle of the liquor aisle.

Target certainly has its problems, but as a customer its moments like these that make me appreciate fast service buttons and readable labels, not to mention our shiny white floors and full shelves (hey - I know it's empty behind that facade, but it looks great!). And as a guest, I've never come across a Target employee that physically showed me how irritated he/she was. Then again, I wasn't really asking for that much, was I? Rude!

Wow! That's crazy! Good for you for walking out.

The greeters aren't volunteers. They are just faux security there to check bags and such.

Yeah, that's some pretty crappy service.

I think some greeters can be volunteers.

Didn't wally whirled have phones by the check lanes that customers could pick up and directly be connected to Bentonville if there were more than 3 in line???? Now wouldn't that be crazy if we had hotlines direct to Minny if there were more than 3 in line???

Good job leaving a whole cart of reshop for employees to work. That will really get someone else faster service the next time someone ask.

We all work in retail. Now lets be honest. How is a greeter(who supposed to stay at the door because LP) and a cashier who can't leave the lane going to help unlock a liquor cabinet on the other side of the store that only a leader would have the key to? Yes, they could of been nicer we all have those days and getting asked something that we can't take care of doesn't help much.

It would of been proper to go to Guest Service, asked and then if you had a long wait, leave, or at least buy what you already had. Let's not pretend that there are bunch of WM employess on the floor like Target. That's one of the main differences between the stores

Oh, and that cashier and Greeter probably aren't the ones that is going to have to work that reshop. Just some floorTM that will be working on that instead of helping guest.

A greeter and cashier are perfectly capable of getting someone that can help, so that isn't a defense. Instead they just ignored the OP.

My walmart is actually fantastic! Their labels are in English here... Brand name sorta big, then those little abbreviations on the bottom. No comment on liquor because that's not a thing, here. I walk in and see more employees there than I'd see if I walked the entire floor of my particular target. Their zone is typically really good. Tables are rarely perfect, but I can't take points for that because they're usually working on them when I'm there.

I'm not trying to bring you to the dark side. I just don't think every walmart is equal. Same for target. My store is going through a crises. Our back room is a fire hazard at the moment, which means lots of shelves are empty. And it's super irrelevant to anything, but you mentioned shiny white floors. We have these tiles that are like white with grey something going on and it looks dirty and shiny all at once.

If for some reason I was making a decision between target stores to shop at, I wouldn't choose the one I work at (but I have no choice. I don't drive). There's another walmart two towns over that I avoid as well.
ETA: I don't think our schedule and amount of TMs are conducive to having a nice store.

Last edited by a moderator:
As someone else said, door greeters are NOT volunteers. I used to work third shift at Walmart and got stuck being a greeter a few times, and I definitely got paid.

I hate Walmart. I will drive out of my way to a Kmart, Meijer, or Target to avoid Walmart.

My worst customer service experience was a couple years ago... I was moving into a dorm room and the Meijer in town didn't have any more Ethernet cables. As the town didn't have a Target, we went to the Walmart... Since Walmart was busy with other freshmen buying stuff, my roomie and I decided to go after we had unpacked out stuff, which turned out to be after midnight.

I was using a gift card with an Easter image on it (I had forgotten about it and found in the process of packing up my stuff)... This was August. The cashier said since the gift card was 'old' had to be approved by a manager.

He walkie the manager. He paged the manager. He called another employee to summon the manager. He paged the manager two, three, four times. He went a cleaning crew person to find a manger.

20 minutes later, the manager finally appears. He runs the GC through the register... Doesn't enter an override number or anything.

He didn't offer me a coupon or anything for the wait.

When I called the store manager the next day to complain.. I got a 'well I'm sure he was busy!"

Mind you, during the time we wait, a line formed and was backing up into the woman's department.

Worst. Service. Ever.

Went to Walmart earlier in the week, the shelves are so empty! Toys was abysmal. The customer service is hit or miss, depends on what day it is/how busy they are.

I too will drive out of the way to get to another Target if I don't feel like shopping at my own.

That is crazy!

Went tonight to the "new one" (customer service is adjacent to an entrance! We've been doing this forever!) Still pretty nice and less busy because it's in a smaller town. Only 3 registers open, but the cashier at express said it would he a while since she was waiting on a manager. Went to the one with the light off (I know!) and asked if she was open. She said she had to go pick up a prescription, but could take us. People came up behind us and asked if she was open and I said no! Overall, not bad. Biggest complaint is that they don't use label strips so if I'm trying to zone their shit, I don't know if that's the POG, or just the way some flex happy associate wants it.

I go to walmart because their prices are cheaper

I find any cheaper prices are negated by the longer drive I have to take to reach Walmart, and the fact that I get 15% off on every I get when I shop at work.

Walmart does tend to have better selection though. I'll give them that. Sometimes I have to go to Walmart just to get things because we don't sell what I'm looking for.

Walmart is good to get some stuff I'll admit. But do prefer going to Target for most of my needs -- even without the discount. I can find stuff easier in Target and prefer my shopping trips to be get in and get out! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back