Archived I wish we had a visit soon so we could clean up the damn store!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Going with the Flow

Queen of the dungeon
Seriously..our store is a wreck and trying to scan for instocks in Home, Bath, Beds especially is crazy. I am almost ashamed to be around the guests in these areas. I find myself wishing we had a big visit coming so we could have the hours to clean it up because we sure as hell aren't going to give hours do it for our guests.

We had a visit today by our DTL's boss. (Not sure what title he is). They had everyone on deck last night for a perfect zone; even gave of an incentive for the best zone in Hardlines and Softlines ($25 gift card).

WE had a visit from out new group leader..... (DTL's, boss) we spent close to 100 hours of extra payroll to get the zone in tip top shape. Our visitors were in the building for less than 20 minutes.

Seriously..our store is a wreck and trying to scan for instocks in Home, Bath, Beds especially is crazy. I am almost ashamed to be around the guests in these areas. I find myself wishing we had a big visit coming so we could have the hours to clean it up because we sure as hell aren't going to give hours do it for our guests.

OMG, this. Yes. I swear, the store hasn't been zoned well since Christmas. Softlines folds tables and picks stuff off the floor, hardlines...who knows?

our zone through there has been pretty good.... we seem to be bare all the time in the sheets section though.

Our DISASTER area is shoes ..... some nights they tell us just to pick up off the floor and put on the nearest shelf..... I always try to fill to POG, but its hopeless..... it is such a hot mess. Especially our flip flop wall.... there are ad labels all over, missing label holders.... and a different set of shoes on every peg. it just makes me want to cry. I want to come in on my own time, just to fix it lol

Every Monday night we are told to have a spotless zone to clean up from the weekend. Our STL expects to have the store looking good at all times.

the dtl and co. walked in and said ... we have exactly 5 minutes to walk, ya'll need to come on...

they kept the whole team over the night before when we missed sales by 10k to prepare. of course, we got a 10 on the visit, so i guess that's what really matters, not the financial bottom line.

This bothers me more then any of the other huge list of complaints I have about target. Your working for a messed up company when they care more about what the store looks like for the Bosses and not the guests. The Guests are why we are working there not fricken Corp. it should be clean and neat every day.

oh get this... this may say too much if someone from my store is here, but the dtl and posse actually got upset because one of our etls was assisting a guest (selling a red card to boot) and told them they would have to wait to walk... she was the only lod, so they stood by her while she helped the guest in a creepy khaki mob. he even told her she needed to speed it up, they were on a tight schedule.

oh get this... this may say too much if someone from my store is here, but the dtl and posse actually got upset because one of our etls was assisting a guest (selling a red card to boot) and told them they would have to wait to walk... she was the only lod, so they stood by her while she helped the guest in a creepy khaki mob. he even told her she needed to speed it up, they were on a tight schedule.

GTC to that ETL, and a kick in the pants to that DTL!

After you do all that for big visit, then the posse doesnt show up!

This is the worst....especially if you've gotten extra hours to get things ship shape. Sometimes we get the answer that the VIPs couldn't make it.....maybe next time.....

Personally I think that stores should have unannounced visits. I mean, how can the VIPS see how a store is running on a day to day basis? It's not how ot looks on visit day, but every day.

Oh, speaking of visits, our DTL is coming tomorrow and the closing LOD said to make sure that the first 8 feet of each aisle looks good, then our DTL will be happy. What if he looks past the first eight feet??

This is the worst....especially if you've gotten extra hours to get things ship shape. Sometimes we get the answer that the VIPs couldn't make it.....maybe next time.....

Personally I think that stores should have unannounced visits. I mean, how can the VIPS see how a store is running on a day to day basis? It's not how ot looks on visit day, but every day.

Oh, speaking of visits, our DTL is coming tomorrow and the closing LOD said to make sure that the first 8 feet of each aisle looks good, then our DTL will be happy. What if he looks past the first eight feet??

Visits should always be unannounced. How in the world does a dtl get a guest's viewpoint of how a store is being run?

DTL and HRBP were in our store today. I had just arrived at my cash register and saw our HRBP standing in my line.......well, she said that our store always looks good and she enjoys coming to see it.
I told her about the comments here from "going with the flow." I told her that I think that we (Target, not just my store) need to have unannounced visits.....for how can they see the way our store works if we get it zoned for the visitors. I told her about the LOD from last night who made sure to tell the team to have each aisle zoned for the first eight feet.

Anyway, we did talk about store appearance and that it should be "guest zoned" everyday since it is the guests that we want to impress.....not just the VIPs.
While she was making her payment of groceries I asked her if she'd ever gone to "the breakroom.org......she said hadn't. She did repeat the website address for me a couple of times like she was trying to remember it. So, who knows, maybe she will come to this site.

Goodness knows, I've told my DTL about this site a number of times....even gave him a paper with the address on it. Haven't had the chance to talk to him again to see if he's been here.....

well...just wanted to give an update...

Goodness knows, I've told my DTL about this site a number of times....even gave him a paper with the address on it. Haven't had the chance to talk to him again to see if he's been here.....

Now why would you want your dtl here? We're not always the most Spot friendly bunch...

Now why would you want your dtl here? We're not always the most Spot friendly bunch...

If pellinore's DTL has half a brain, he'll realize that team members aren't exactly leaping for joy about the direction in which Spot is headed. If he has half a heart, he'll pay attention to what we say on here and try to do something about it instead of trying to use it against us.

pellinore's DTL - if you actually went on the site and you're reading this, don't take it personally. It's an unfortunate trend in Spot's expectations of leadership.

I told her that I think that we (Target, not just my store) need to have unannounced visits.....for how can they see the way our store works if we get it zoned for the visitors. I told her about the LOD from last night who made sure to tell the team to have each aisle zoned for the first eight feet.

It's important to remember virtually just about ALL business partners and DTL's were ETL's at some point. You don't need to remind them how different an "unexpected" visit would be from an expected one-- they understand the ETL's get the store ready for visits, being they were in the same roles earlier in their careers. It's nothing new/surprising. In addition, it is the responsibility of the STL to guide the ETL's and hold them accountable for their work centers. The DTL's and BP's are there to give advise and dig into further detail for the ETL's (and provide feedback to them) to ensure profitability in different departments. The STL can't know everything, that's why there are specific Business Partners (HR, AP, FOOD, ect.) that work with the ETL's to fine-tune the work centers.
AND PS.. for next time, don't throw your LOD under the bus like that.. you're not doing anybody a favor when you tell the HRBP information like that-- The BP/DTL will *ALWAYS* take the side of the ETL. You can completely forget the possibility of moving up within the company when you do that. (No matter how good of a TM you are, without the support of your ETL/HR/STL you CANNOT advance)

Anyway, we did talk about store appearance and that it should be "guest zoned" everyday since it is the guests that we want to impress.....not just the VIPs.
While she was making her payment of groceries I asked her if she'd ever gone to "the breakroom.org......she said hadn't. She did repeat the website address for me a couple of times like she was trying to remember it. So, who knows, maybe she will come to this site.

i promise you that all DTL's are very aware of this site as are most STL's and many ETL's. they have chat sessions regarding the content on here and try to figure out which districts people are posting from. the higher ups that you talking to are playing dumb with you.

i promise you that all DTL's are very aware of this site as are most STL's and many ETL's. they have chat sessions regarding the content on here and try to figure out which districts people are posting from. the higher ups that you talking to are playing dumb with you.
Good chance they are watching us & target sucks site too. But, they are made aware of store issues that Are sugarcoated by the Stl at some stores. But, we try to offer solutions to issues or better our training of different workcenters. Then it shows up on workbench suddenly.

I SO agree with you on this. It makes me furious when they all of the sudden bust everyone's ass trying to get the store looking great, get counts right, fill EC, run everyone around in every possible direction ... And then the next day, when it's all said and done, if the visit happened or not, it's all back to the same attitude of them not caring, or hiding in the offices...

Yes, I'd love to have my DTL here to get a clue on what team members think. I'd love to have a group leader here...or a regional leader. Our site has a lot of information on it.
Sure some threads are full of complaints, but the majority of our threads are helpful for others.

Also, we've got the recent thread where we've been asked for constructive ideas for helping Spot.

If we don't have any executives here then nothing can change. We (I) have to hope that this site of anonymity is one powerful area for Target. It is the upper level management that we need to have on this site....for they are the real team members that can have a positive impact on our company.

Aren't we a site "for Target team members by Target team members?" Aren't all Target employees team members?
Granted, our CEO probably has never been to this site, but I bet that Leonard Chapman (he was a regional VP...he died last April) was probably one who would be here....and if he did visit our site then he would have the power, skill, and drive to make changes happen.

So please, don't be too negative....you never know when the right person will be here to make change happen.

BTW....Leonard Chapman was quite a great guy. I wish that everyone would have had the chance to have him visit their store....and talk with him. He had already made a difference and who knows how much more influence he could have had if he were still with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back